Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#31   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 10:10

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 263.6/242.0/163.6 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hey guys, how do we multi-quote? Dolfin, Willbethin, movingon and Laura, welcome! The more of us there are, the more support.

Roll Call:
Heyyyyyyy LC Justin
Heyyyyyyy Laura
Heyyyyyyy IFnewstart, greens for breakfast? Ok. Whatever floats your boat. I am usually a dinner for breakfast person. I gotta get back into the eggs.
Whatsahappening kelleygirl?!

I feel like we're superstars around here! Anybody else think so?

So, for breakfast I had nonAtkins approved vittles. Of course, but my mind is in the right place. I am really considering what my menus will look like when I start. I think that is part of my problem, waiting and then rushing out for fast food.

How many of you have eaten so much that you don't have a taste for anything? Uh, that would be me. I'm like, whatever is fine. <insert polite smile here>

So, planning my menus will be big. Oh, and bringing my lunch and snacks to work and school. Who does that already? What is in your little snack bags may I ask?
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 10:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/239/240 Male 6'5''
BF:
Progress: 101%

For my snack today I ate that low carb cheese cake I baked yesterday, I almost ate the whole thing in one sitting. LOL I'm losing will power already, the family's eating mcdonald's. I could just cry. *Sob*
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 10:36

Plan: hcg
Stats: 180/154.0/139 Female 5 7'
BF:
Progress: 63%

Justin, I've been on a treadmill and 30 minutes on incline is not easy. Good for you.

I started back to the gym two weeks ago. Every muscle in my body hurts. Next time I stop I need to remember how hard it is to start again. I walk 4 miles after work each day but in all honesty the only thing it helps is my mood and stress level. The scale doesn't move. I've been told muscle will improve my metabolism so off to the gym I go.

Ifnew good for you. It's nice to see progress isn't it. Ummm turnip greens and hard boiled eggs??? I think I'm sticking to Justin for receipes LOL. I'm with your family on that one. Then again I've never tried it so maybe it's better then it sounds.

Startinova where did you go. DId you weigh in yet? I'm wondering how your pre diet plan is going.

Welcome Dolphin and Laura. Laura are you a stress eater as well??
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 15:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/210/125 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%

hey lc, i would b cryin too, mcdonalds fries are my favorite. i only get them once a month, but let me be honest, i dont drive and if a mcdonalds was closer to me i woud be twice the size i am now. hey, btw. you could have orders a salad and a couple cheeseburges , no buns, just sayin. i know i wouldnt do that either, i would be stealing everyones fries. umm.......... i was thinking, i am gonna try to do, ww points again but........ spend lots of my points on protien, i have to keep track somehow.

see this is my problem. i know this woe will curb ur appetite, but my problem is i eat when i am not hungry anyway, so i need to keep track somehow. i am gonna look on this site and see if someone is doing their own lowcarb meal and join them. good luck all.
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 15:22

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/210/125 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%

or i guess i should go on the ww sight and see if anyone is mixing lowcarb with that.
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 16:54

BF:

Willbthin, WW does have something called the Core plan which is basically low carb with controled portions. Check it out, it may work for you.
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 17:01

BF:

Hey everybody! I'm right here. I post at work mostly. Oh, how I love french fries. LC Justin, you don't need no stinking McDonald's!!!! LOL!

Somebody did that to me once about a cookie and I hear that sometimes in my head. It makes me laugh every time. See, that's my problem too, eating the whole cheesecake at one time.

kelleygirl, I still haven't weighed but BUT this is a big one, I am actually getting excited about joining you guys and talking about my menus. And, sharing everything with you. I think we're getting a real group here.

Ok, so yes, I know that I am an emotional eater. Stress, happiness, comraderie, love, hate, PMSing (sorry LC Justin) I eat.

Got to find something to replace that habit. Hmmm...thinking.
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 17:03

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbthin
or i guess i should go on the ww sight and see if anyone is mixing lowcarb with that.

One of my classmates has lost a lot of weight recently and quickly on WW. Now, they give fruit as a free food. How about those apples.

I think mixing diets might be a great strategy because it may counter boredom and stall, but it would have to be masterfully done, I'd think.
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 17:04

BF:

Startnover, I need to plan as well. I've stuck to it this week but I've been off from work. What usually happens is I don't plan, I skip lunch and then I'm so hungry when I get home I eat what I shouldn't.

My co-workers started packing me lunch because they felt sorry for me. Well that's just plain embarrassing.

One thing I'm finding is I can't make it taste too good because I keep eating. I made your chicken salad for lunch YUM but I ate the entire bowl.

I've been doing low carb for over a week and my weight is all over the place. Crazy jumps.

Food today
2 eggs with bacon for breakfast
Chicken salad with mayo for lunch
Chicken salad again for dinner
Snack 2 pieces of baked ham
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 17:07

BF:

kelleygirl, ok, with what you ate today, do you feel full? Satisfied? Wanting something else?

Anybody doing supplements? What about keto sticks?
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 17:17

BF:

I have to figure out something to do when I'm stressed. I was reaching for wine wayyyyy to much. Then the "who cares" feeling comes over me and I pour a second glass and reach for food.

I tried drinking a glass of hot tea last night. It sorta helped. I think something hot would be comforting to sip at night. Any ideas?
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 17:19

BF:

I feel full but I feel guilty that I over ate. I am using the ketone sticks which shows pink but as of today I'm up 1 pound. HELLO going in the wrong dirrection Kelley

are u using them
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 18:06

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleygirl
I have to figure out something to do when I'm stressed. I was reaching for wine wayyyyy to much. Then the "who cares" feeling comes over me and I pour a second glass and reach for food.

I tried drinking a glass of hot tea last night. It sorta helped. I think something hot would be comforting to sip at night. Any ideas?

Ok, two things, perhaps a hot rose hips tea to sleep. Like a ritual. Or, even International cafe makes sugar free chai tea latte. The powder mix. Check carbs though. Ooh, what about a sugar free hot apple cider?

The wine will take you there. I'm so glad I'm off the stuff. I think about it though. LOL!
How about signing in and journaling when you feel you need something. Or, in a relationship? Sex. Committed of course. I mean, hey, why not.
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 18:10

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleygirl
I feel full but I feel guilty that I over ate. I am using the ketone sticks which shows pink but as of today I'm up 1 pound. HELLO going in the wrong dirrection Kelley

are u using them

I did use them before. It can be discouraging when the color lightens but remember, when you are in ketosis you are in ketosis. The color depth doesn't matter as long as it changed. Pink to purple is a degree only. IN is IN.

Other thing, Atkins has a supplemen cocktail for those who feel they may be insulin resistant. So, check the book, but it is like Tonalin, CLA, and others. I can find it and post tomorrow.

By the way, how would you know you gained 1 pound UNLESS you are obsessively weighing. Step away from the scale. How do your clothes feel?
And, also, overeating is not an issue if you ate what you were supposed to eat. Unless you are wayyyyyy over the caloric intake advised. Did you read the Atkins books? They really give a good overview and are great references.
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 18:13

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Justin
For my snack today I ate that low carb cheese cake I baked yesterday, I almost ate the whole thing in one sitting. LOL I'm losing will power already, the family's eating mcdonald's. I could just cry. *Sob*

There's no crying in dieting! LOL!!! Get back on that horse buddy! Let the family eat McNasty's. You are on a mission to get to the beach this summer and look hot! You are on a mission to make the exes drool! You are on the mission to audition for a movie! You are on a mission to play some sports! Yes, you are on a mission to _________________________ (fill in the blank for us LC Justin)!

Matter of fact, let us all reflect and answer:

I am on a mission to ______________________________!

Startinova
Closed Thread