Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#16   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-11, 17:07

Plan: hcg
Stats: 180/154.0/139 Female 5 7'
BF:
Progress: 63%

Thursdays a good day to start your program. It's St Pattys day. Corn Beef and Cabbage sounds great!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-11, 18:03

BF:

Todays food

Two eggs with a Steakum breakfast
cheeseburger on bed of lettuce Lunch
Cheeseburger on bed of lettuce - snack
tuna with mayo and boiled eggs with mayo - dinner
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-11, 19:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 325/239/240 Male 6'5''
BF:
Progress: 101%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleygirl

LC you're young and men can build muscle much faster then women. It still going to be work, I don't want to make it sound like you have it on easy street but just trying to give words of encouragment. You'll have to give me the receipe for cheesecake YUM

Thanks for the encouragement. I've been on this road many times before and never succeeded. I know it won't be easy but I know I'll pull through! The cheesecake recipe was actually from this site. It's in the recipe gallery section but can give you the link to save you some time!

http://guiltfreegourmet.blogspot.co...cheesecake.html
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-11, 20:16

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 263.6/242.0/163.6 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Quote:
The forum seems to think that the Adkin bars can cause a stahl. I miss the sweetness. I started scrambling 2 eggs and added in a Steakum shaved steak. It hits the spot.

Oops have to run. My daughter has physical therapy at night. T I have to drive to the gym for her I have no good reason not to excercise. It may help me get into shape. I'll check in later

What a freaking excellent idea!!! Put Steak Ums on my grocery list. Yay!! And, yes, Justin we need the cheesecake recipe.

I did get some whey protein and stuff. So, I may do the Jackie Warner protein shake with Whey, flax, mega green, and amino acids. And, of course eggs and bacon. I am so glad they do ready to eat bacon.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-11, 20:18

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 263.6/242.0/163.6 Female 5'7"
BF:

Quote:
Thursdays a good day to start your program. It's St Pattys day. Corn Beef and Cabbage sounds great!

Maybe roast beef and cabbage. Don't care for corn beef.
Oh, yes, some think the Atkins bars do stall you. The only way the use to stall me was because I ate several of them in one sitting!! I did like the Slim Fast low carb shakes. They were good. Strawberry.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 05:40

BF:

LC, when you posted something like " this time is it even if you're on the floor etc". Thats just how I felt 2 years ago. I had yoyo dieted my enitire life. I'd take off 10 then it would go right back on. I made a similar statement and I finally did it. So even though you haven't in the past doens't mean you can't now. YOU CAN! You just have to set up a system that works for you.

I would love if you guys share your secrets to sucess. Different things work for different people and maybe you guys have come up with a system that I've never thought of.

One thing that worked for me was accountability. I had to go for weekly weigh in's with my doctor. For some reason having someone see my weight made me stay in line. My doctor aslo would yell at me when I gained. He would tell me to get serious and not to waste his time. I have gone up 5-7 pounds and I have to take control. My neighbor has agreed to weigh me in. For what ever reason when someone else see's my weight it bothers me.

STNV, have you weighed in yet?? Don't worry because it may be higher then you like but your going to get it to go down.

I'm getting use to the egg thing for breakfast. Still miss my protein bar and the sweetness. I need to come up with snack ideas. I'm getting sick of deviled eggs at night. Adkins bar felt like a desert at night. Now I'm looking in the cabinets over and over as if by some miracle something new will appear.
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 05:42

BF:

Forgot to ask if anyone has started excercising.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 05:48

Stats: 295/265/157 Female 5' 5"
BF:

I can't believe I am restarting with an all time high now. : ( Last time I hit a slump and had $$ issues at the same time.....lived on eggs for 2 weeks and couldn't take it anymore! Well, I am back. Hopefully this time a more productive run!!!
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 06:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/210/125 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default hi

this sounds like the right place for me to just jump right in. i guess u can call me an atkins wanna b. i only tried this once a long time ago and didnt make it past 3 days. lost 5 lbs though in that three days. soo i guess i am starting over. cant talk long enough right now to tell you more details, but i also have been on here trying to do cad. that didnt work for me either. gotta go to work and just ate, some green beans with some butter and parmesaen cheese and a hotdog no bun. i have already joined a gym and am doing well there, now it is time to combine my excercise with atkins. have a great day all. hoping my first day goes well.
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 07:28
Registered Member

Stats: 353.5/307.4/150 Female 5'4.5"
BF:Yep. Lots.
Progress: 23%

Hey guys!

I am pretty new myself and was really really really glad to see this thread.

I did the Atkins diet very successfully about 10 years ago, but after a personal crisis about five years ago, gained everything I'd lost and more back. Starting again now and really committed to doing it for the long hall. I just spotted your thread in the introduction section, would it be alright if I participated in this group? I've been really hoping to meet people in here who were on the same path!
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 07:35

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Dolphin~
Hey guys!

I am pretty new myself and was really really really glad to see this thread.

I did the Atkins diet very successfully about 10 years ago, but after a personal crisis about five years ago, gained everything I'd lost and more back. Starting again now and really committed to doing it for the long hall. I just spotted your thread in the introduction section, would it be alright if I participated in this group? I've been really hoping to meet people in here who were on the same path!

Sure, the more the merrier. On this particular thread we're almost all on the same boat. We were all somewhat successful at one time but gave it up. Now we're all back and not giving up!
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 07:40

BF:

Quote:
Forgot to ask if anyone has started excercising.

Yes, I try to do at least 1 hour to 2 hours a day. I went over board this week and yesterday I could barely walk. LOL so I'm starting again today but going to take it easy.

What I do is go on the thread mill for 30 minutes on full incline. (OMG it's harder than it sounds)

Later in the afternoon I take a walk around the block.

30 sit ups if I still have the energy. LOL
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 08:56

Plan: I plan to combine LC/IF
Stats: 243/239/160 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress: 5%

First meal of the day: turnip greens, a boiled egg, water & vitamins.
I don't have to eat early in the day and can actually go until 3 or 4 without difficulty. Convenience was one of my problems and there are convenience foods everywhere, most of what I shouldn't eat. So for convenience I try to keep things in the refrigerator that are easy to grab and or pop into the microwave. I picked up the habit of eating greens for breakfast on a trip to Africa. It makes sense, although my husband and daughter think it's strange. Their reaction tickles me. Breakfast is the easiest meal. I have challenges staying focused as the day goes on.
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 09:01

Plan: I plan to combine LC/IF
Stats: 243/239/160 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress: 5%

Yesterday I updated my stats. Surprised today to see the Progress line: 19%. Hum, never thought of it that way. Yes, it's 14 months later but 19% sounds pretty good. I had to do the math because it was hard to believe. Okay. I got my inspiration for the day.
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Mar-15-11, 09:02

Plan: Atkins - modified
Stats: 197/188/140 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Hi guys! Startinova saw my intro post and invited me over. I lost 50lbs on Atkins about 7-8 years ago, then got pregnant and gained a ton of weight. I kept gaining after my baby was born and now need to lose about 70lbs.

I'm not doing a 'by the book' induction because that would just be too hard right now (I need my coffee until she sleeps through the night! lol) but I did lose 5lbs in the last two weeks, so it's working for me. It's so different trying this again with a family. The first time I was single, so I could eat pepperoni and olives for dinner if I wanted. That doesn't cut it now!

I have a treadmill and I've blocked off 30 minutes to use it (I work from home) but I'm not terribly consistent with it yet. Have been sick and threw my back out, and since I hate exercising, I use any excuse to avoid it. I really need to get in better shape to keep up with the little rugrat, though.
Closed Thread