Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-11, 13:18

Plan: Keto (LCHFMP) + IF
Stats: 265/188/150 Female 61 inches
BF:Highest weight 290
Progress: 67%

I was wearing Bras in a 44C, and now wear a 40DD -- its amazing what a proper-sized bra will do for you. I love the Cacique line for bras and panties -- they wear like steel even if you accidentally run them through the washer and dryer.

Thanks for all the links -- I'll check them out. I just tend to wear pants and shirts so I guess I'll have to expand my outlook on clothing. I'm only 5 feet tall so you can imagine how hard it is to find clothes that fit and are flattering. Now that I can wear some shirts that are XL, I find the upper arms are too small -- and I have to go back up to a 1X just for the arms. I end up wearing way too much stretchy stuff just to accommodate arms and calves that are not getting smaller as I lose weight.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-11, 16:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/195.6/172 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Huh, looks like you and I both went two band sizes down and two cup sizes up when we got fitted - I wonder if that's a rough estimate of what people should be trying. Have u gotten the back smoothing bra from cacique yet? It's fantastic! I hear you on the needing different sizes thing. My waist is about three sizes smaller than my rear - I've gotten used to buying things big and taking them in!

eta: didn't see your post Lisa! let us know what you think about PUG
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-11, 17:48

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 276.4/266.6/200 Female 5'8
BF:I've got some!!!
Progress: 13%

Another good one on Ebay is Hollywooddiva and DQFashion. I think Hollywooddive is down right now. But they always have great deals and cheap!
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jan-14-11, 14:06

Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/168/135 Female 5'1"
BF:50.5/38/25
Progress: 21%

great links, gals, thanks!

#20   ^
Old Fri, Jan-14-11, 23:24

Plan: Carbs <30g/day
Stats: 131/127/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Those are some great stores!

I love the vintage colors and patterns at Pinup girl, and I really liked that Kiyonna has some dresses with sleeves! That is so hard to find these days, IMO.

I really like Zaftique for tops. www.zaftique.com . Lots of empire waists, you can find the same tops in different colors (mostly solid, deep colors, which I like), and they're soft, cool, and stretchy.

Thanks for this thread!
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Jan-22-11, 11:10

BF:

Wow, I always thought Zaftique was a bit too conservative for me, but they have some really great stuff - lots with sleeves too. I actually like my arms, but I still hate that you can't ever find formals with sleeves anymore, since I get cold. This Dress is so cute!

Alsomwanted to put a plug in here for Lane Bryant's jeggings - super comfy and they fit really well. They are actual denim too which I think makes them so much more flattering. Only downside is the rise is kind of long which cd be a problem for you unless you're really shortwaisted (I am, and they're even a bit high on me). http://www.lanebryant.com/pants-jea...at=14878%406000
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Jan-22-11, 11:33

Plan: Whole Foods, Mod Carbs
Stats: 292.4/190.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Chell, I love that dress! I think I'm going to buy this one
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Jan-30-11, 22:42
Registered Member

Stats: 329.8/229.6/130 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I like this one: Sactuary Designs . They carry women's sizes 1x-9x and are reasonably priced.
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-11, 11:21

BF:

Bumping for a big sale thru Feb 21 at old navy - code is on the website, it's 15% off if you spend $50 and 20 off if you spend $75. And free returns if u buy plus size stuff. Theynhave some cute stuff right now in clearance plus, too, it u are bubble size (12-16) like me. I'm still baffled that their 1x fits much smaller than their xl, but it works for me.
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Apr-07-11, 14:50

BF:

Here's a place that was new to me and carries some smaller-end plus size stuff. Of course all the stuff I fell in love with is sold out. =(

shopruche.com

And a local place with gorgeous, classy (don't be thrown by the name), *expensive* vintage-styled things - they claim in their new ads that they carry up to size 24 although I didn't see much on their site larger than 18. Traditionally I've found their sizes run very small, but I will report back next time I get over there.

www.trashydiva.com
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Apr-07-11, 17:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by chell02
Here's a place that was new to me and carries some smaller-end plus size stuff. Of course all the stuff I fell in love with is sold out. =(

shopruche.com

And a local place with gorgeous, classy (don't be thrown by the name), *expensive* vintage-styled things - they claim in their new ads that they carry up to size 24 although I didn't see much on their site larger than 18. Traditionally I've found their sizes run very small, but I will report back next time I get over there.

www.trashydiva.com

Trashy Diva - like their styles, their fabric - not so much. (Wish my arms looked good enough to go and wear styles without sleeves. Perhaps I should just go and DO MORE RESISTANCE TRAINING!)

#27   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-11, 10:54

Plan: Gary Taubes
Stats: 428/363/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 24%

I've bought a lot of dresses from www.igigi.com - they have never steered me wrong. Super flattering and I always get LOADS of compliments on the dresses, even when I've worn them for years and years.
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Apr-29-11, 12:42

Stats: 229/223/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress:

Thank you for all the awesome links ladies! It's time to through my grey sweatpants away!
  #29   ^
Old Fri, May-20-11, 12:18

Plan: Atkins based low-carb
Stats: 263.3/233.6/160 Female 5 feet, 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

So, where do you go to get a decent bra fitting? Whenever I go bra shopping I end up miserable, hating myself and the world and everyone in it. I have no idea what size I should be wearing, but I can tell that everything I try on is NOT RIGHT. I end up with the least not right bra I can find, three of them, in white and beige. I wear them until they fall apart, then start the whole process over again.
  #30   ^
Old Fri, May-20-11, 13:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaCache
So, where do you go to get a decent bra fitting? Whenever I go bra shopping I end up miserable, hating myself and the world and everyone in it. I have no idea what size I should be wearing, but I can tell that everything I try on is NOT RIGHT. I end up with the least not right bra I can find, three of them, in white and beige. I wear them until they fall apart, then start the whole process over again.

In the past, I have had good luck with the "better" department stores (like Nordstrom). Recently, I was able to find two good sports bras at the Hanes/Bali Outlet near me. Look for a store that specializes brassieres and lingerie. Call them first to make sure they carry "plus" sizes.

Of course, if you happen to be between sizes, whatever you buy might not fit perfectly. In that case, I would go with something that is a little on the tight side, as wearing it and washing it will loosen it up a bit.