Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Karen's Corner
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 11:33

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi, new to your recipes, they look great. OK, my dumb question-When trying to get single serving stats, we're just dividing your stats by 4, right?
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 22:34
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
we're just dividing your stats by 4, right?
4, 6, 8... It depends on how big your portion sizes are.

Karen
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Jan-14-06, 11:42

Plan: Cut carbs/lower chol.
Stats: 163/156/125 Female 63
BF:38
Progress: 18%

I made this last night with a few modifications. I left the zucchini whole. Even my hubby who is a devout, non veggie eater liked it! So I skipped the shredding step. I added more cheese, I knew it would be necessary to get him to enjoy it.

I beat the egg slightly in a bowl before adding it to the rest of the stuff. Mixed it all really well, and topped with more Jack cheese.

Delish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Jan-16-06, 15:08
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I made this and loved it, couldn't stop eating it. Unfortunetly the kids didn't share in my enthusiasm, though they both tried a bite.

More for me, but on with the quest to find ways to get veggies into them.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jan-16-06, 16:01

Plan: Cut carbs/lower chol.
Stats: 163/156/125 Female 63
BF:38
Progress: 18%

Add more cheese to it. I made it with about double the cheese in the recipe. If my hubby liked it, I know your kids will. Also, I think leaving the zucchini intact (rather than mushing everything else into a pulp) is better. Try it that way!
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-06, 20:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/159/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%

I made this tonight. I didn't have jack cheese in the fridge, like I thought I did, so I used muenster, and it worked swimmingly.

I also made a brussels sprouts recipe from the book, the one with the pignoli and balsamic vinegar. It was also yummy!
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Jan-29-06, 21:00

Stats: 250/250/135 Female 5ft 8in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Sounds really yummy
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jan-30-06, 12:24

Stats: 190/159/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%

It was! I did it more or less by the book--the food processor was already dirty from shredding the cheese, so why not.

One little variation: when I scraped the half-cup of scallions out of the pan at the beginning, I went all crazy and put them into a small bowl, not a large one. Am I a wild renegade, or is that an error in the book? You decide!
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Apr-22-06, 17:32

Plan: Almost vegan,lowGI,lowfat
Stats: 270/236/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 28%

The flavor of this was delicious. But a question... is it supposed to be a creamy type of texture?? Mine was not firm at all...
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Apr-24-06, 18:00
Forum Founder

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by justducky2
The flavor of this was delicious. But a question... is it supposed to be a creamy type of texture?? Mine was not firm at all...

Yep! It's supposed to be creamy.

Karen
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-07, 09:41
Registered Member

Stats: 180/172/128 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

Karen, I am new to the LC thing..On my eigth day of induction and no cheats thus far..YAY!! I saw you said you had a cookbook out..what is the name of it and what is your whole name? Can I ifnd it at wal-mart? target or Barnes and noble??? or do you have a website I can order it from?? I would love to get it..I am getting really bored with the induction phase and I have only known how to make all the italian dishes I grew up with..so I am lost here...would LOVE to buy your cookbook..is it induction friendly and do you state what ones are and aren't in your book?? if you could let me know I would be ever so thankful and grateful!!!! Love, Tara
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-07, 09:44
Registered Member

Stats: 180/172/128 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

I just answered my own question..LOL... I just clicked under your name on the low-carb gourmet and low and behold I found your book..LOL..~blushing~ As I said I am soooo new to this... So I will stick to my other question, are the recipes stated if they are induction friendly or not?? I willr ead the whole page about your book and I bet I will find the answer Where can I find it??..Geesh I may as well just go look first then post other questions..LOL...
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Mar-11-07, 14:23
Forum Founder

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuteepie73
So I will stick to my other question, are the recipes stated if they are induction friendly or not?? I willr ead the whole page about your book and I bet I will find the answer Where can I find it??..Geesh I may as well just go look first then post other questions..LOL...

There is an index in the book where the recipes are sorted from lowest carb count to highest so that will let you know if they are Atkins induction friendly or not.

I don't know what American bookstores carry it because I'm in Canada, but amazon.com has it available.

Karen
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Mar-18-07, 15:52

Plan: LC combo
Stats: 223/211/150 Female 5ft.4in.
BF:
Progress: 16%

In my zucchini-laden, late-summer world, this is THE best recipe to use. Eventually, I will learn to lock my car doors at church. They look for places to stash an extra bag or two and if there's not a bag of zukes in your car... I don't mind - cake, bake, grilled, sliced and diced. It gets eaten. And I now own a Santoku knife - OOOOoooooo - and I'm taking a course from my local cooking school to REALLY learn how to use it well. I want at least two more of those knives, JUST to keep one clean at all times. I suppose I should get a dishwasher?? And not me??

OH - I did make this recipe with variations in veges - yellow summer squash and onions, brussel sprouts, broccoli and cauliflower. I haven't tried ALL the veges together. HHmmm....food experiment...
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Aug-19-07, 15:43
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:

I tried this today and it was awesome! I made two other half-hearted attempts at a zucchini/cheese casserole recently and they were okay, but disappointing. This was bang-on.

I don't have a food processor, so I just left the zucchini cut in small pieces. I also added a can of mushrooms, just for the sake of having another serving of veggies. I used 4 oz of marble cheddar. I think that was more than a cup, but... more cheese = good.

My SO loved it. This will be a staple from now on.