Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#61   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-10, 06:27

Plan: Ketogenic Diet Dr Westman
Stats: 267/243.6/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Enomarb,

Thanks for your answer. My fiber is completely sugar and fake sugar free and tastless. I'm pretty sure I was using it the last time I was on CAD. I lost slowly but I did lose. I'll keep it in mind if my weight loss is too slow.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Dar
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-10, 09:20

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

I wrote a short blog about my cruise last night and discovered this morning that my husband attached a few photos to it. I have not had a chance to post my before pictures, but, thanks to my husband, there are definitely some current ones posted!
  #63   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-10, 18:11

Plan: Carb Addicts Diet (CAD)
Stats: 327/318/220 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Week one weigh in. I didnt write down my daily weight so I dont have the average. I need to remember to do that next week. But this week I am down 9 pounds. That is really great but I cant put it all on my diet. I am supposed to take water pills and hadnt in over one month. I started taking them again this week. So I know alot of that 9 pounds is water loss. Whatever the cause, I am 9 pounds lighter and feel good!

I have had a couple small hurdles but overall feel really good with this this is going.

C: Coffee with cream. 3 pieces bacon.
C: Celery with cream cheese. Turkey slices. 2 cheese sticks.
R: 2 slices pizza. salad. coffee with cream.
and lots of water all day.

Have a great weekend everyone.
  #64   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-10, 21:27

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Well, this morning I was smack on 300 lbs. Things have slowed back down to a more normal loss, I think. I am feeling good, less knee pain, walking a bit stronger, sometimes without my cane. I try to focus on that if I ever feel tempted.
Food today:
CM: 2 fried eggs, 1 slice processed cheese
CM: spring mix green with balsamic vinegar dressing, hard cheese
RM: chicken breast, broccoli with pesto seasoning, yogurt, pear, ice cream
CM snack - small piece of cheese
  #65   ^
Old Sat, Sep-18-10, 07:08
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
hi back Wendy.
Tracy- you are doing so great. It is wonderful that you feel so much better and notice things are changing for you.

I wore a suit yesterday that I hadn't worn in months and it was TIGHT. I am wondering now that I have stabilized on my meds if I am willing to try to cut out sugar and see if I can take off 5 lbs. It sounds silly even to me, but if I can feel it in my clothes maybe I need to do something about it, if I can. Or get spanx!

Iwill let you know what I decide. This feels like such a vanity issue-
I never did this for how I look so I'm not sure if it will work now.
E
  #66   ^
Old Sat, Sep-18-10, 09:03

BF:

Great job everyone!

Eno, if your suit was more snug than you are comfortable with, taking off the 5 lbs. is not because of vanity, but because you want it to fit better. I have not seen my ideal weight for such a long time that I don't even know what it will be when I finally get there. My intention is to get to the point where I like the way that I look, fill up my closets with cute clothes, and then my goal will be to make sure my body continues to fit into them.

As most of you probably know, I live on a farm. We have lived here for the last twelve years and our kids grew up raising animals. Because we were raising show animals for 4-H, we had to build a few barns. Most of the animals are gone now so I have been working on cleaning out the barns since they have been used to store the equipment that we have accumulated for the animals over the years. I knew I had a full day of work ahead of me so when I headed outside at 9 a.m., to feed the horses, I was trying to figure out how I was going to fit in my 5 mile workout.

I always turn on the radio when I work and decided to do my walking workout while cleaning. Since it takes me an hour to complete my 5 mile workout, I tried to make it up by walking an hour and a half. I may have looked like an idiot with a tank top, shorts, and my muck boots, but I found a way to get my workout done while still getting the cleaning done. I was so sore and tired from working when I came into the house at 6:30 p.m., that I would have skipped my workout if it had not already been done!

I am happy to report that I continue to love the progress that I am making while following CALP. I know that I can not eat any other way and still remain in control, so that is what has, and will be keeping me on the program!

Have a nice weekend!
  #67   ^
Old Sat, Sep-18-10, 11:08

BF:

Just to let you all know, I have posted my before picture on my website!
  #68   ^
Old Sat, Sep-18-10, 18:08

BF:

Wow Teri, great photos.. and interesting blog. I will be checking it out more when I have a chance.
Doing fine today. I had my reward meal at lunch time and so far that seems ok. It's 8:00 pm now and I just had two hard-boiled eggs and a glass of metamucil. Seems the dreaded low-carb constipation is back.
Weight, still 300 right on.
  #69   ^
Old Mon, Sep-20-10, 00:06

BF:

Vel, thank you. May I suggest you try eating vegetables with those eggs and you may not require as much Metamucil. I love vegetables and have not had to add any supplements to my program. I did try the chromium for quite awhile but I am not crazy about taking pills and could not tell the difference anyway.

I love having the ability to post pictures to my site. I had my husband take a picture of my very simple CM and I was able to post it with my menu for the first time. I think I am having pizza tomorrow and I know it will be delicious so I hope it looks good!
  #70   ^
Old Mon, Sep-20-10, 11:47
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 178/000/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 468%

Hi all. I'm finally feeling able to post again. That wisdom tooth surgery was a real beast and it really knocked me off the program. Even after I healed I was craving junk and eating junk. I'm ready to give it a go again. I haven't even allowed myself to step on the scale. I'll do tomorrow.

The board is really hopping!
  #71   ^
Old Mon, Sep-20-10, 13:47
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi Cindy-
sorry about your setback- glad you are here!

I am having leftovers for RM tonight-
salad, steak, chicken, baked beans, spinach, cereal or yogurt, water. [I'll have what the guys leave!]

My freezer is filling up again- yay!
E
  #72   ^
Old Tue, Sep-21-10, 06:29

BF:

Weight this morning.. 300.0 It really hasn't moved for the last week..up and down a half pound. But...this is a perfect example of why the weight averaging works so well for me. My average at the end of last week was 306. This week my average is 300.5. If I let myself focus on what happened this week only, it could get to me, because I have been eating the same. But when I look at those averages, I see the trend going in the right direction.
I have a really hard time doing vegetables for breakfast. I grew up not eating vegetables hardly at all. Now, if I have a serving for lunch and a serving for dinner, I feel like I'm doing well. But I know that more would be helpful. As well, I'm going to try a different fiber supplement, because I have been using the artificially sweetened orange stuff. I'll try that clear one. And only have it with a meal.
CM: 3 chicken weiners
CM: 2 hard boiled eggs (not a veggie in sight.. oops!)
RM: 1 lean hamburger patty, large serving of green beans, large tossed salad with balsamic vinegar dressing, pear, banana, pineapple yogurt, 2 cookies
  #73   ^
Old Tue, Sep-21-10, 09:18
Registered Member

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 287.4/287.4/199 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppinn
Just to let you all know, I have posted my before picture on my website!

Teri- you look wonderful! What a beautiful lady you are, even with the weight on in the past. Keep up the great work. This helps me to look forward to what I can be in the future if I stick to this diet (and I sure do plan to stick to it!). Thanks for sharing these photos.
  #74   ^
Old Tue, Sep-21-10, 09:28
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vel
Wow Teri, great photos.. and interesting blog. I will be checking it out more when I have a chance.
Doing fine today. I had my reward meal at lunch time and so far that seems ok. It's 8:00 pm now and I just had two hard-boiled eggs and a glass of metamucil. Seems the dreaded low-carb constipation is back.
Weight, still 300 right on.

You're almost at "twunderland"! Good for you! You must feel wonderful losing 27 pounds already. You're doing great, keep up the great work, Vel.

I do agree with Teri on adding more veggies to the CM's. I also take 2 Fiber Choice tablets twice a day with my CM and RM meals, along with eating a big salad with the RM loaded with all different kinds of veggies in it (low and high carb veggies). It really does help keep the pipes flowing, lol. I hate being constipated- that bloat can be so awkward and uncomfortable! Do you drink plenty of water, too? I drink a good amount every day along with my coffee. Once in awhile I drink diet soda with my RM, but haven't been lately because I've been drinking my iced coffee with the sugar free vanilla and hazelnut shots in it with 2 packets of Truvia and some cream. Tastes real good and is like a sweet treat sometimes.

Keeping fingers crossed that you get that pound off soon! At the rate you're losing, you'll be passing me in no time, LOL. For some reason, I'm at a stall, not sure why, but I know the weight will come off again soon.
  #75   ^
Old Tue, Sep-21-10, 09:31
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyM75
Hi all. I'm finally feeling able to post again. That wisdom tooth surgery was a real beast and it really knocked me off the program. Even after I healed I was craving junk and eating junk. I'm ready to give it a go again. I haven't even allowed myself to step on the scale. I'll do tomorrow.

The board is really hopping!

Awe, so sorry to hear what you just went through with your wisdom teeth. Don't worry about the scale- this was a medical condition that you needed to tend to, and that's more important than any weight loss at the moment. You'll be back to losing in no time. So glad you're back, and give yourself about four days before the cravings subside again. Little by little, you really don't miss them much on this diet, and the great thing about this diet is if you really are craving something, you can have it at the RM and not deprive yourself. No other diet allows such an awesome luxury.
Closed Thread