Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-02-10, 16:15
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%
Default HOUR POWER #4: CAD/CALP Daily Thread

Hi!!!
This is for people on CAD, CALP, OR CAHHP plans. It is a place for us to talk about ANYTHING!!!! Come on over and post lots!
E
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-03-10, 05:42
Registered Member

Plan: cad
Stats: 298/298/240 Female 5ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Good Morning, Thanks Vel, for all the words of encouragement. You are so right. I can't get down, on myself. I have a lot to lose, also. Now, I am at 300lbs.. I have a lot of mobility issues. I just have to keep coming here and get all the support you all give me.
I'll bbl. Jane
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-03-10, 07:27
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
Jane, think of how much better you will feel as you stay OP and lose weight. Each of us has our own challenges- please keep coming here to get the support you need. As you lose weight and feel better, hopefully you will become more mobile too.

Great dinner last night- chicken, salad, green beans, rice and molten chocolate cake.

tonight's RM:

salad, chicken, mac n cheese (not), spinach, raspberries, cake (not), water, beer (not).

later-
E
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-03-10, 12:35

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

I went out to dinner with my son last night, just the two of us. He is the son who's moving to Wales for a year for university, so it was really nice to have some time alone with him before he leaves on Tuesday. We went to Swiss Chalet (a family favourite, you will see it mentioned a lot from me LOL). I enjoyed a chicken wrap, salad with house dressing, a few of his fries and a slice of lemon meringue pie. When we got home, however, we both made a mad dash for the bathroom (good thing we have TWO). The only thing we ate in common was the fries. Very strange, I have never had trouble with them before. We are both fine now though.
Today I'm at work, waiting for the long weekend to start. I am off on Tuesday, originally to see my son off, but now also to have a minor laser procedure on my right eye. So, it will be a long weekend for me, for sure
No plans for tonight's reward meal yet. Mine are often planned after work, unless I have a chance to talk to hubs before that.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-03-10, 21:41

Plan: Depends on the Day
Stats: 221/169.6/145 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hello everyone, I have done Atkins, meat and eggs, and can't stick with either of them. So, by a recomendation, I have been lurking around to see what the fuss is all about.

I'm thinking that I like what I see. You get a little bit of wiggle room with one meal and the rest is low carb, with the way it is set up, it would be difficult to eat to many calories or carbs if you follow the plan.

Anyone notice me lurking? Maybe the word peeping would be more fun -----

I had been on strict m&e for the past week, so today I started CAD. I havn't gotten a book yet, I am going off of what I have found in this forum. If I have a question, someone else has already answered it already.

So I had
*3 eggs, 1 tbsp olive oil, scrambled
*large salad, 1 baked chicken leg(no skin),3/4C green beans, and 1/4(3 oz) of a twice baked potatoe. (fed some of the beans to my cat)
*3 chicken legs, no skin (should of had a veggie but I'm not used to eating them)

I don't remember the stats, but they looked really good.

If this is not right, let me know. I'm not sure how long it will be till I can order a book, may be interesting for a little while! ---------
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Sep-04-10, 05:46

BF:

Welcome Sexym2, we are always happy to see new faces. CAD/CALP do give a lot more flexibility, and it is very nice to partake in some of the "social eating" situations without feeling quite so restricted. There is lots of good info on here, as you said, and the books will explain the "why it works" part.

My weight is 314 today, so I match my stat
I have a dilemma today. A couple of months ago, (before re-starting CAD), I made plans to take my mom and my ex-mother-in-law out for brunch today, for the latter's 80th birthday. We are going to a place called Cora's, which is famous for a wonderful breakfast and lunch menu, but everything is served with beautiful cut-up fresh fruit. I haven't been, but my kids tell me it is like artwork. Soo....reward meal for brunch? I really don't think that would be a good idea for me, as it would mean my next reward meal would be about 30 hours away. The other option is to order something CAD friendly and not worry about it. I am a bit embarrassed to ask them to hold the fruit...it is what they are famous for, and it's FRUIT. Healthy. But not for me. I actually toyed with the idea of eating the fruit and still having a reward meal later for dinner. But nope... that would be going off my program, and I know that isn't an option. Last time I went off, it took me 5 years to get back on. Ok. So, hold the fruit it is then. *sigh*.
Thanks for letting me think this out in here.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Sep-04-10, 07:41
Registered Member

BF:

Good Morning, Thanks for the words of encouragement. It's always good to share with all of you. The weather is finally better here, in the Northeast. We had a long and terribly hot summer. Hope this lasts, at least for a few days. I am doing okay and starting to plan my day. Don't have anything big happening.
Hi to SexyM and welcome. Hi to Vel, Gaspiene, Eno and Teri
Take care, jane
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Sep-04-10, 09:03
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi Tracy-
if you decide not to have RM brunch, ask them to BOX the fruit!!!!
I can do RM brunch or breakfast once in a while- maybe once or twice a year. I feel deprived not having carbs with dinner, but as long as I plan it well and REALLY want the RM breakfast it works.
Have fun!

Welcome Sexy! I know you are not used to the veggies- try it. Please add at least leafy greens to one of the CM (no carb) meals. If you order your books from amazon, grab a CALP too.
Ask anything- we'll answer.

On my way out to Costco, Aldi and maybe the farmers market.
Having people for dinner tomorrow-
salad, trout, cucumber salad, corn, dessert that one is bringing.

Then BRISKET for the Jewish New Year that starts on Wednesday. I am having 13 or 14 for dinner- love it!
Have a great weekend-
E
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Sep-04-10, 09:19

Plan: Depends on the Day
Stats: 221/169.6/145 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I was very excited today, I have been on M&E for a week and lost 6lbs on that, didn't weigh in yesterday morning, since I fell off the wagon the night before. I did weigh in this morning and I am 1 pound down from 2 days ago when I last weighed in. 199.8lbs, that was very exciting for me, I hate being over 200lbs and now the only place to go is down.

Aound here our big meal is lunch, today were having breakfast for lunch, so I think I will have salad, 2 eggs, 1/3 C fruit and some cuccumber, tossed in the salad. Odd breakfast!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Sep-04-10, 19:15

BF:

Well, I survived the brunch I ordered a "10 Star Omelet", which had ham, bacon, cheese, peppers, onions, spinach, broccoli, tomatoes and mushrooms... and one more thing, I forget LOL. I told them to hold the homefries and toast, but I let them bring the fruit, which I gave to my mom, since her blueberry pancakes didn't come with any other fruit. So, it worked out perfectly.
My RM was, a big dinner salad with chicken from Wendy's, some cinnamon toast crunch cereal and a few mini rolos. Very satisfying.
I'm on call for driving my son and his friends home from a bar party tonight, which means it will be a very late night, so I think I'll treat myself to a nice cuppa coffee.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Sep-05-10, 07:24

BF:

I am down two pounds this morning...that will be very nice for the weekly averaging! and DEFINITELY worth giving up a few pieces of fruit.
yesterday's food:
CM: 2 oz hard cheese
CM: omelet with veggies, cheese, bit of ham, bacon
RM: large dinner salad from Wendy's with chicken and pomegranate dressing, bowl of cereal (dry), few mini rolos. (yes, this is my exact reward meal from the night before LOL...and I may have it again tonight!)
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Sep-05-10, 08:16
Registered Member

BF:

Wow, Vel, you are doing great. I just love reading your dinner menus. I am okay, and working on my meals, too.
Hi to everyone else, I haven't gotten dressed yet and I need to get going. I'll ttyl . Have a great Sunday. One of these days, I will make a Briskit. They are so lean.
Jane
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Sep-05-10, 17:25

Plan: Lowcarb
Stats: 164/143/130 Female 5feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%

Hi all,

Welcome Sexy, glad you joined us...some great menus and advice here to help us along the way!

Vel, I had to laugh when I saw your post about your brunch..I had the same situation in August, went out for brunch and was given fresh fruit with the meal, I passed it along and had my eggs, bacon and sausage...felt so good to be in control and not have the food control me. And your reward for staying OP, 2 pounds down..
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Sep-06-10, 06:01
Registered Member

BF:

Good Morning everyone. Well, the holiday is here and today will be challenging. However, I will survive it. Nice reading all your posts and all about the loses, you are all having. Good luck, today. Jane
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Sep-06-10, 15:03
Registered Member

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 287.4/287.4/199 Female 68 inches
BF:

Hi everybody- I've missed you all, and will start this diet up again tomorrow. Been a rough two weeks. First, we lost our beloved Black Lab, Leenie. We had her for ten years, she jumped into and died in my arms right where she belonged, just before midnight two weeks ago tonight. Shattered my heart into a billion and one pieces, and the rest of the family misses her, too. She was such a sweetheart of a dog- so loving, fun, and friendly. Even people that didn't like dogs liked her. Just got her ashes back the other day, I got so emotional all over again. Heart breaking to lose them.

Then, the next day, my son almost passed out during a blood test. They're trying to figure out why his blood pressure is all over the place. He flunked part of a neurological exam the doctor gave him, and the doctor is very worried about him. So off to a neurologist AND my son has to have an Echo gram on his heart. He is very upset at not being able to run for his Cross Country team in high school, and it's breaking my heart. Someone has had to be with him 24/7 for last couple of weeks, in case he passes out. It has been hell on earth, let me tell you. Scary part is that he has several symptoms of a brain tumor, and I do believe that that is what the doctor is leaning towards. This doctor is not my favorite because he can be a real jerk. He was on when the incident happened to my son. For the first time ever, in the ten years that I've known him, he showed compassion and caring. Usually, this doctor blames patients for their medical issues and is very rude and cold to them. For him to be concerned just scares me to pieces, as well as my husband. Please say a prayer for him? If you don't believe in God, maybe send good thoughts his way? I'd really appreciate them! Thanks!

My oldest daughter- we've got her a car two weekends ago, it's been in the shop since then with a gas leak. Our friend just finished working on it, so tomorrow we are going to register it and have it inspected. Luckily, she has tomorrow off from college and will get this done with her Dad in the morning.

I also started a new job (can you see where I went off the diet for a couple of weeks, LOL). It's ok, but I wish the client that I worked for was more friendly and less snappy. Oh, well, it's a good job that fits my schedule, worse comes to worse, I'll just have to find another one.

Oh, and we got two new kittens the a few days after Leenie died. We did plan on getting one before she had died, as my son has wanted an orange kitten for years. I've been trying forever to find one. My son is partial to girl cats. Well, my oldest daughter's friend's cat had kittens. Of course, two were orange and the other two were calico kitties. Well, of course, my son didn't know which to chose, as the calico kitties were female and the orange kitties were male, so as you can guess it, we came home with two of them.

Yesterday, I thought that they got out, as I saw two kitties in our drive way that looked like them. At that same time, my black cat was stuck up in a tree. Funniest thing ever, between my husband trying to get the cat out twice in his bucket truck (thank goodness he's an electrician and has one!), meanwhile, my neighbor, my kids, husband, and I tried to coax these little kittens out from under the engine of his daughter's friend's car. Of course, the car was locked, and the friend who dropped the car off was camping with his daughter and other friends, so we couldn't open the hood up to get them out. Today, they got them and put them in one of our crates- they had to use fish nets and oven mitts to tray and catch them. My neighbor is going to take them to a no kill shelter. My husband and neighbor won't let me bring them in the house, as they know that if they come in my house, they ain't leaving! Don't worry, they are being well loved and well fed while my neighbors wait to take them to the shelter. My neighbor told me that they are really wild and scared, and he's afraid it would upset my household of cats/kittens and dogs, if we brought them in. I saw them earlier today- I really, really, really am tempted to bring them home with me. Oh, and guess what color they are? Orange, of course! Took me almost a year to find my son an orange cat or kitten (long story, had four others that were coming home, but........). Now, we have one of our own, and had two babies in the yard. Crazy, huh?

So sorry this post is so long. Just wanted to let you know that I haven't left you all or abandoned CAD. Just took a detour until things settle back down. I am going to start up again tomorrow. Believe it or not, I MISSED eating this diet the past two weeks. Luckily, I didn't gain it all back, but frustrated that I had to go off of it for a couple of weeks.

So, here's to CAD/CALP, round two!

Audrey

PS- hope everyone is doing well. I some reading to catch up on on here!
Closed Thread