Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-10, 11:44

Plan: lc my way
Stats: 285/207.6/170 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 67%

I did my 20 express workout twice last night!! lol It was over to fast for me the first time so I did it again
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-10, 12:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/182.4/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Lisa, you LOOK MARVELOUS!!! I am so proud of you, I can't believe it. I am going to immediately find a Zumba class and be the best I can be in a few short months. I am shooting for Valentine's Day. Thanks for the motivation!!!
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-10, 12:07

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 184.0/141.5/152.0 Female 66.25 inches
BF:35%/???/???
Progress: 133%

Love your journal entry. I have looked at the zumba web page for too much but got some great suggestions there. I am working on my first routine, enjoying it! I have a long way to go before I teach but I will teach one day, have several ladies ready to go. LOL
My history, I did P90X twice this year, loved it, got busy, slowed down on P90X, added zumba DVD's to the mix, WOW. Got a group of ladies to do the DVD's with me at church. Summer happened and then we wanted more. I agreed to take the Basic 1 class and here we are. I have NEVER taken a "zumba" class before that day. Loved every minute of it.! Now those ladies are ready to get back at it and I still have so much to learn. It will happen!
  #79   ^
Old Thu, Nov-18-10, 10:28

Plan: meats and cheese and eggs
Stats: 171/153.0/135.0 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi Lisa, I was reading your thread about Zumba and I think I will try it. Can you tell me which DVD is the best to start with? I am currently doing the Jullian Michaels 30 day shred and love it and thought maybe if I add zumba it will help! I am also walking 20 to 25 miles a week..... I am seeing inches come off but not much weight at all.
  #80   ^
Old Thu, Nov-18-10, 15:11

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 255/250/175 Female 65.5"
BF:Size 22/16-18/10
Progress: 6%

Thanks Lisa! I am going to look through this thread and get some more information.

I just posted in my journal that I am contemplating signing up for a sprint triathalon which takes place in August 2011. Training begins in January. I looked at the training plan today and it says I have to try something new that will give me a good cardio workout in January. Zumba may just be the answer!

I am going to visit a class at my local fitness center... it sure sounds like fun! And sexy too!
  #81   ^
Old Mon, Nov-29-10, 07:24

Pink How was Zumba? did you get to try it out yet?
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Nov-29-10, 09:42
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherileah1
Hi Lisa, I was reading your thread about Zumba and I think I will try it. Can you tell me which DVD is the best to start with? I am currently doing the Jullian Michaels 30 day shred and love it and thought maybe if I add zumba it will help! I am also walking 20 to 25 miles a week..... I am seeing inches come off but not much weight at all.

OMG!! Sheri! I am so sorry! I totally missed your post. I'\ve recently started a new job within my job and I've been so distracted, but that's neither here nor there.

The set I started out with and really liked is the Total Body Transformation Kit. It's the one with the merengue\hand thingys. I like this set because it has a DVD that breaks down all the most basic steps--about an hour long. Then it has a quick 20 minute workout, an hour long workout, an abs working, a toning workout, and a live work-out. It's a lot for the money and a good way to get your pinkie toe wet if you don't have classes near you.

Pink--I'm with Turkey...inquiring minds want to know!
We had our 2nd Friday night Zumba madness.

This was from my journal last week--Zumba Madness-Part 2

Quote:

I did it a bit differently--THIS TIME instead of just plain ice water, I mixed up about 1/2 teaspoon of Crystal Light lemonade and 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt. Plus NO tequila afterward Felt just fine Class was good--we're head to head with the local highschool football team that has made it to the playoffs for the first time in forever (so I'm told) this week and last week but we still had about 14-15 attend--I'm hoping after all this football madness is over we'll see a bit of an increase in participants--it's still fun for a Friday night and way better than sitting around watching re-runs or wondering what to eat. I do know one thing--I can't stuff in enough calories on Friday's or the next day--I think Friday I ended up eating close to 2900 calories and still saw a drop in the scale. Hopefully it was just dehyrdation and we'll be back up to 135 tomorrow. Damn--I'm literally Zumba-ing my ass off.

Our guy Zumba partner is going to be gone almost the entire month of December--it looks like it will be just the 2 gals for the rest of the month on Friday nights--that makes me kinda nervous--but everybody who comes to class knows we're a bunch of Larry/Moe/and Curlys so they don't care if we totally have brain farts and forget what we're doing

Hope you guys didn't do too much damage over Thanksgiving!

Keep Zumba-ing!

Lisa
  #83   ^
Old Tue, Dec-14-10, 05:54

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 231/212/185 Male 5 feet 10 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 41%

GF is into this right now a lot she also started doing belly dancing with her friend.
  #84   ^
Old Wed, Dec-15-10, 09:08
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal31
GF is into this right now a lot she also started doing belly dancing with her friend.

Are you ready to start watching her shrink?

This is what's been happening in my Zumba life over the last few weeks since I last posted. These were in my journal:

Quote:
Plus--the new schedule/work-load with my new job is interfering big-time with my Zumba--not only with taking classes, but with the teaching part. Both would have been very do-able prior to the job change, but with the change--I can't do it all. Last night I came to the decision that I need to be perfectly honest with myself (No, denial is just a river in Egypt). I'm going to have to eliminate the teaching aspect of the Zumba---it takes a major time commitment--not just the teaching class part, but the preparation part--anywhere from an additional 2-8 hours a week for practice and choreography, finding music, etc. With my schedule I can go, take class 2-3 times a week for an hour and be done, but the extra hours it takes for teaching class, I just can't do it. I feel really bad that I'm going to be bailing on the other two that I team teach with, but they really don't need me--they've been doing most of the choreography and practice since I started the new job--I've kinda been the third wheel anyway.

Quote:

Well I'm so bummed. I just composed and sent the e-mail to my buddy instructors about not being able to teach. I know it's totally the right thing to do and I'mglad I just bit the bullet and did it, but I just can't help but feel bummed because I barely got to be an instructor. At least I get to be able to say that I did get certified at 50. I'm going to try and keep going to class--at least I won't feel guilty when I miss a class because of my schedule. Iwas reallyfeeling bad and guilty when I wasn't making it to practice. It was starting to take the joy out of it and the whole point was that I found something that was a blast that I couldn't wait for. I was totally losing that.Maybe I don't feel as bummed, maybe I feel a bit of relief. so be it. It is what it is.

Quote:
Funny, I've never seen myself as the super woman type--I'm always the first to say to all those women who have so overscheduled themselves and their kids--I just want to say oh for godsakes--will you leave your kids alone and go take a nap! I do feel guilty about leaving the other 2 instructors so called holding the bag for Friday night--I know they will just perk along fine, but the entire Friday night 1 1/2 hour class was my idea, I thought it would be fun and give something to do for all those people who were sitting around Friday night bored or be-moaning the fact that didn't have dates, or there was nothing on TV...maybe it's because it was my idea and I wasn't ready yet to leave it before it really even got off the ground. Ahhh well. It's no longer mine to comment on, good or bad.

Quote:
You guys want to hear something funny in a way. Trying to prepare for Zumba class and all the practice and "pressure" I hadn't been enjoying or working out as hard when I took class--I guess saving the energy for practice. I hadn't gone to Zumba for about the past 9 days--wasn't feeling the greatest and mulling about could I even continue teaching. Plus it just seemed like it seemed more of a "job" than fun. So, I've been on vacation for the past 2 weeks--went to a morning class yesterday and a morning class today--it was fun just to go and have fun and dance and hang out with the ladies! and I worked out like a dog--my waist and abs are sore from this morning. Maybe this new job although a ball buster is really a blessing in disguise--without it, I wouldn't have had to make the decision to stop teaching and would have had all the JOY just sucked out of Zumba completely. So I've got my Zumba mojo fun back!

Am I not the most sad and pathetic??!!!

Now, I'm just taking class as my schedule allows anywhere from 2-3 times a week like before I started teaching. That has taken such a load of presssure and guilt off my shoulders and the other instructors are doing just fine without me.

You guys bring me up to date on your holiday Zumba schedules and how well you're getting thru the holidays.

Keep Zumba-ing

Lisa
  #85   ^
Old Wed, Dec-15-10, 15:31

Plan: Dukan (was Atkins)
Stats: 326/238/188 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 64%

I tried a Zumba class on Monday evening and it was great. Need better shoes. Look forward to the next class. Sadly only one a week I can get to at the leisure centre where I have membership. Lisa, thanks for the inspiration.
  #86   ^
Old Fri, Dec-17-10, 08:14

Hey Lisa, I understand about having the fun taken out of it for you, sorry! Zumba is great and I am finding out how much time it can take to teach a class. I am, in my "spare" time, working on coreography to do my first class, It isn't easy. Bad thing is there isn't a class within 30-40 minutes of me and I have lots of friends ready to get with it. Some actually make the drive to go the distant classes but I already drive 1 1/2 a day to and from my real job daily so I opt out of the drive to do Zumba.

It will work out for me, I just have to keep eye on goal.

Joycie! Glad you enjoyed the class. Honestly, I haven't heard anyone that has said they didn't enjoy Zumba. I have heard those having preferences of one teacher or another but have never heard negitive about Zumba itself.

Enjoy and Merry Christmas
  #87   ^
Old Mon, Dec-20-10, 21:54

Plan: lc my way
Stats: 285/207.6/170 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 67%

very sporadic with me right now
  #88   ^
Old Tue, Dec-21-10, 08:04

Well I got my zin30 in last week and this afternoon I should finally have time to watch it on work on a routine for a bit. Gotta rush and get some last minute shopping done then home to zumba! woo hoo! ok and put together a ride on tractor for grandson. LOL
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Jan-12-11, 14:37

well i am still at it. I have a Zumba demo scheduled for Saturday Jan 28th in my small town. I have yet to "teach" a class so my nerves are starting to get the best of me. LOL Im trying to enjoy the ride but to a certain degree I am a perfectionist. (just not in my typing hehehe). It is only a 30 minute demo. Surely I can make it work. Hopefully I can cover my opps! I know there will be opps! A friend is suppose to let me try out the routine on her. She has never taken a group exercise class much less Zumba, so that could be interesting.
Will update more later.
  #90   ^
Old Thu, Jan-13-11, 08:47

Plan: Figuring it out
Stats: 366/282.2/166 Female 5'6"
BF:YEP/YEP/YEP
Progress: 42%

So excited to find this thread. Finally signed up for my first Zumba class and it starts tonight!! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!