Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Tue, Oct-19-10, 16:43
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

I posted this also in my journal.

OMG!! Can I hear a HOLY MOLY!!

If there was ever a Zumba hell, certification would be it (actually it was funner than all get out). Imagine 65 hot sweaty bodies in 1 dance studio.

First it was like an hour and a half master class, then we rested and listened to a short presentation, then it was like another 1-1 1/2 master class. At 10:30 I looked at the clock and thought there is no way in hell I'm going to last until 5-6pm. By lunch, I'm soaking wet and my legs feel like noodles and I'm not even going balls out like some of the people. I thought to myself, it's like a busy 24 hour call--pace yourself. We worked thru lunch--meaning we sat and watched another presentation and ate. I also changed clothes including down to my underwear and socks for dry ones. The after noon was another 2 master classes on choreography and cuing--another 3+ hours. I must of drank a gallon of water thru-out the day--half plain, half flavored with those Crystal Light individual packs. Stayed LC the whole time--during training it was nuts, ham, baby bells, apple, blackberries, WASA (thought of you Judy), Oh Yeahs bars, Atkins nut bars. After it was done, I went back to the hotel, had a shower and then splurged and went to Morton's (a lovely elegant steak house...) Had a kama kazi to start...if I ever needed a cocktail that was then This restaurant is where they bring the platter of beef around and you get to choose the steak--they had a regular filet which was probably about 12 oz and a petite `8oz. I took the big one of course, medium rare with a side of grilled asparagus--bernaise sauce on top of all of it. For starter...ceasar salad, no croutons extra anchovies No dessert. I think the waiter was surprised that I cleaned my plate--there wasn't a spec left. It sure did hit the spot! Finished with an espresso and heavy cream.

When they say you burn at least 3500 calories they are NOT lying!

Hope you guys are keeping up with your happy feet!

Lisa
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sat, Oct-23-10, 13:26

Plan: Atkins/IF
Stats: 146/126.4/125 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 93%

Way to go Lisa! Do you have to pass a test?
  #63   ^
Old Sat, Oct-23-10, 13:41

Plan: Moderate
Stats: 314/285/180 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 22%

Oh my, I wish I lived on the coast! I live in the Salem area and take Zumba there....just one instructor. She does more Latin, I wish she did more hip hop.

P.S. yay for being a midwife!
  #64   ^
Old Sat, Oct-23-10, 16:23
Every day is day one

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdreaming
Way to go Lisa! Do you have to pass a test?

No test, you just have to survive until the end of the day

Jill--you are more than welcome to come hang out with us!!
  #65   ^
Old Sat, Oct-23-10, 20:16
Every day is day one

BF:

I posted these in my journal.

But these are for my zumba pals!

I can honestly say...BODY BY ZUMBA

I never thought I would look like this again, let alone at 50.

Here's one of my Zumba partner. We're hysterical together. She's lost 92 pounds by today's count.

I'm going to need a zumba intervention pretty soon.

(I really should have combed my hair. I look like I put my finger in an electric socket )
  #66   ^
Old Sun, Oct-24-10, 08:58

Plan: Atkins/IF
Stats: 146/126.4/125 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 93%

You look awesome Lisa!! Way to go
  #67   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-10, 08:54

Plan: lc my way
Stats: 285/207.6/170 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 67%

way to go!! LISA
  #68   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-10, 10:52

Plan: low carb
Stats: 200/000/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Had a great sweaty 50 minute zumba workout last night - love it!!
  #69   ^
Old Mon, Nov-08-10, 10:16

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 184.0/141.5/152.0 Female 66.25 inches
BF:35%/???/???

Glad I found this thread. Here i have been posting on a P90X thread about having done that and then that I had discovered Zumba, but never looking for a Zumba thread, duh!

Lisa you look awesome! I had never taken a Zumba class but I have been using the Zumba DVD's just to change up the P90X workout a bit and guess I got the Zumba "bug" LOL

Saturday I went thru instructor basic 1 in Little Rock AR and LOVED IT! I have never been to a Zumba class before that one. What a class to start with. I did learn lots from the DVD's and enjoyed them but the class was soooooo much more. Now i have to watch, do and learn and memorize some routines. I went into this for just me but I'm ready to share it with all who will listen. LOL
  #70   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-10, 16:21

Plan: No idea
Stats: 145/-/125 Female 165
BF:
Progress: 125%

There are so many Zumba classes this year, seems its every where, but I haven't tried to join one yet, I'd like to try it, but I am unfit and don't really fancy aerobic exercise, I had a sneak look at a class in a hall very close to my house today, it looked real fun actually, and if I am too tiered, I can just stop and take my breath... I may give it a go
  #71   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-10, 16:50

Lily, if you like dancing at all, you should give it a go!! You don't have to be coordinated or even know how to dance.
If the instructor seems to advanced for you just follow the feet. If you do well there then add the arms. If you are really feeling it try the hips.
Everyone does their own thing honestly. No two look exactly alike unless they have worked out side by side for a long time.

Give it a go and have fun!!!!!!!!!!!
  #72   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-10, 16:58

Plan: No idea
Stats: 145/-/125 Female 165
BF:
Progress: 125%

Thanks Sheila, I just looked up the timetable of classes at my gym where I can get all classes without having to pay extra, they do one Zumba class on Sat lunch time, up to now Sat is my off/rest day, they also do an Aqua Zumba on Weds, but the class is a bit too early for me and I can't make that time. So I may go on Sat and try it out, its an awkward time Sat lunch time... I may need to check out other places, and see if they run a class at a more convenient time.
  #73   ^
Old Mon, Nov-15-10, 20:30

zumba or lunch? hmmm easy one there.....lets Zumba!!!!!!!!!! lol
  #74   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-10, 03:40

Plan: Dukan (was Atkins)
Stats: 326/238/188 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 64%

Came across this thread.
I think my gym offers Zumba and I had been considering adding some sort of class to my gym sessions. A friend of mine goes to a local pub once a week for a Zumba class and she LOVES it. Having read all this I think I shall have to give it a try. Just have to see if any of the classes fit my schedule!
Thanks for all your enthusiasm..

Lisa, way to go!
  #75   ^
Old Tue, Nov-16-10, 09:12
Every day is day one

BF:

I haven't visited my own thread that I started...I have been so busy...started a new job within my already existing job and been getting ready to teach the 1 1/2 hour extreme Zumba class which the first one was last Friday--more about that later...

Turkey--congrats on getting certified!.

Quote:

If the instructor seems to advanced for you just follow the feet. If you do well there then add the arms. If you are really feeling it try the hips.
Everyone does their own thing honestly. No two look exactly alike unless they have worked out side by side for a long time.

This is great advice and what I tell my students.
FYI--even when tow or three people practice all the time together we still look different, that's why Zumba is so much fun...everybody brings their own style and flavor to it!!!

Quote:

it looked real fun actually, and if I am too tiered, I can just stop and take my breath... I may give it a go

That's what we all do...when we're tired we stop a sec grab some water, catch your breath, and get back in...

This was from my journal the day after we taught the first Friday 1 1/2 hour class....

Quote:

It's official....I have Zumba'd until I puked Which I should preface that it wasn't the Zumba but I thought it was kinda funny when it happend (kinda). We had our first Friday 1 1/2 hour class on Friday night. It was a blast--we had about 20 people--all the people we knew so if we made fools of ourselves it didn't matter. I had been up since about 2:30 am doing a c/section with my doc. Then by the time I got done I wasn't going to gohome yet so I stayed and continued cleaning out the office space of the person whom I'm taking their place as the Director for Women's & Infant's Health Services (fancy title huh??), anyway this office is a hot mess and I mean hot mess--I wish I could just crap everything but I can't because I don't know what's stuck in between all the shit, papers, garbage, and other crap (that's a whole other story). So I stayed there cleaning out until about 9am, went home and was to wound up to go to bed, so I cleaned house until noon, ate something and they laid down. Got up to get ready for Zumba but didn't eat because who wnats to Zumba on a full stomach. Drank lots of water during class (apparently wasn't enough) and then the plan was for the other 2 instructors to come to my house for margaritas afterward to celebrate. Only one came and I made margaritas (now Iknow why I don't like Tequila). Started feeling hot and light headed so I drank some more water but just started feeling worse. She drank her margarita and we socialized a bit but I felt so nauseated I thought I was going to pass out. I felt like I hit "the wall" like what happens to those ironman triatheltes. She finally went home and I went in the kitchen to clean up and threw up in the sink (yeah, yeah, yeah, TMI ) I only threw up once but it took me about a good 4 hours to feel normal again. Ended up drinking some broth and some gingerale--but talk about pukey! So I get to officially say I Zumba'd until I puked.
Next Friday I'm going to make sure that I drink to cups of broth before I go teach and to make the electrolyte drink and sip on that during class to make sure that I don't completely deplete myself which is what I think happened.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Keep Zumba-ing!

Lisa