Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, May-25-10, 09:27

Plan: Figuring it out
Stats: 366/282.2/166 Female 5'6"
BF:YEP/YEP/YEP
Progress: 42%

I finished 3 rounds of Week 1 and finally moving on to Week 2 today. Hoping I can handle the longer running intervals!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-10, 17:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/145/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I just finished W1D3!! I used to run and stopped about two years ago due to an injury. I am taking it slow as as not to get injured again.
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Jun-06-10, 19:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyLauri
I just finished W1D3!! I used to run and stopped about two years ago due to an injury. I am taking it slow as as not to get injured again.

Awesome!!! Congrats!!!
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-10, 07:08

Plan: General LC
Stats: 270/258.8/200 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

I think I'm going to start back up with the plan. I've been walking/jogging/running but not according to the C25K schedule. I think I'll start it up with todays exercise
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-10, 10:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5K Bound
I think I'm going to start back up with the plan. I've been walking/jogging/running but not according to the C25K schedule. I think I'll start it up with todays exercise

Awesome! Let us know how it goes!!

I am set to start Week 4 either tomorrow or Wed..Kinda nervous..well actually ALOT nervous. On my run this morning I found my mind already wondering to Week 4 & worrying about it..Hopefully I can just stay focused and go sloooow.
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Jun-07-10, 18:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/145/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweny70
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Thanks! congrats to you too! And good luck! Let me know how it's going. I start W2D1 on Wednesday.
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-10, 06:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyLauri
Thanks! congrats to you too! And good luck! Let me know how it's going. I start W2D1 on Wednesday.

Can't wait to hear how things go on Wed for ya! I'm sure you'll do great! I actually found W2 easier than W1..probably because I hadn't been doing ANYTHING before I started W1..by W2 at least I had a base to build on..Plus I did W1 like 3 times. lol.

Have a GREAT RUN!!!!!!!!!!
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Jun-08-10, 12:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 204/150/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi There!

Do you mind if I join in?

Back in March of this year I was on week 4 of the C25K and loving it! I was amazed by my progress and increased stamina.

I wanted to get back to the low-carbing way of life and to get into an exercise regime. Unfortunately after countless attempts at trying both at the same time, the 'all-or-nothing' mentality allowed the excuses to emerge.

Then one day I decided that if I could get a few weeks of good solid exercise under my belt, perhaps the good eating would follow. And just as everything was coming together nicely, I developed Plantar Fasciitis. For those unfamiliar, Plantar Fasciitis is a painful condition caused by overuse of the plantar fascia or arch tendon of the foot. The Plantar Fascia is a broad, thick band of tissue that runs from under the heel to the front of the foot.

It has been 4 months of pain and therapy but I finally feel that there is an improvement. I am now two weeks 100% on program and would LOVE to resume my jogging but I am sooo scared and apprehensive; I just don't want to go back to that awful pain. What to do, what to do???

Has anyone experienced this? Or does anyone have any words of wisdom or advice?

Thanks a bunch!

Cheers,

~ Chris ~
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-10, 15:20

Plan: low carb
Stats: 200/000/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Just starting the C25K this week. Completed day 2 today but I am wondering -- if before I started this I was taking 4-6 miles walks for 1-2 hours at a time is that more or less effective in fat burning and body sculpting then the 31 minutes I am now doing in higher intensity?? thoughts?
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Jun-09-10, 16:10

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_D
Hi There!

Do you mind if I join in?

Back in March of this year I was on week 4 of the C25K and loving it! I was amazed by my progress and increased stamina.

I wanted to get back to the low-carbing way of life and to get into an exercise regime. Unfortunately after countless attempts at trying both at the same time, the 'all-or-nothing' mentality allowed the excuses to emerge.

Then one day I decided that if I could get a few weeks of good solid exercise under my belt, perhaps the good eating would follow. And just as everything was coming together nicely, I developed Plantar Fasciitis. For those unfamiliar, Plantar Fasciitis is a painful condition caused by overuse of the plantar fascia or arch tendon of the foot. The Plantar Fascia is a broad, thick band of tissue that runs from under the heel to the front of the foot.

It has been 4 months of pain and therapy but I finally feel that there is an improvement. I am now two weeks 100% on program and would LOVE to resume my jogging but I am sooo scared and apprehensive; I just don't want to go back to that awful pain. What to do, what to do???

Has anyone experienced this? Or does anyone have any words of wisdom or advice?

Thanks a bunch!

Cheers,

~ Chris ~

The standard treatment for PF is immobilization and extra support, but many people I know have had success going very minimalist with footwear or barefoot. I get PF in stability shoes, do OK in lightweight trainers with minimal cushioning that are very flexible, and do best barefoot or in shoes with no support or cushioning at all. Running like this allows the fascia to gently stretch.
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-10, 12:56

BF:

Hi all - I just finished W1D3! (even though I feel lousy today with a cold) Also, I really prefer to exercise on an empty stomach but did the workout mid day a few hours after breakfast and didn't like the sensation. What is your preference?

Q for the group - are you supposed to move on to the next week only after the prior week's workout is "easy" or are you supposed to keep moving as long as you can finish the workout without stopping?

Also bumping previous Q for this group -- If I was previously walking 4-6 miles is that better or worse for my fitness and fat burning goals then the 32 min workout (albeit more intense) that I am doing now?

thanks in advance for your insights.
  #42   ^
Old Sun, Jun-13-10, 14:46

BF:

Finished W2D1 today and it was a miserable experience. 100% humidity and 90+ temp and my C35K app wouldn't play my music. It would give me cues however so I had no excuse to not get moving. I was at the track and already sweating just standing still. Finished up with no stopping. Hopefully the next time will be a more enjoyable time.
  #43   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-10, 09:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsnseeds
Finished W2D1 today and it was a miserable experience. 100% humidity and 90+ temp and my C35K app wouldn't play my music. It would give me cues however so I had no excuse to not get moving. I was at the track and already sweating just standing still. Finished up with no stopping. Hopefully the next time will be a more enjoyable time.

Oh man..sorry to hear you had such a misearable run! It's crazy how some days are like that and then other days go great! I think that's just normal..at least from what I read from other people's experiences. The important thing is we keep on going!! That is exactly what you did so CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also had a heck of a time with W4D3 this morning..it was already hot and very humid and I was DRENCHED. Sounds like we are having similar experiences w/the darn icky weather! I can see that for me continuing to complete these runs with the summer heat & humidity is definitely going to be a challenge but I guess I'm going to have to find ways to work around it (i.e.: running even earlier in the AM or later in the evenings when it's not as hot, or even hitting the treadmill if it's just that bad..there is a fitness center around me that will just allow you to pay a daily entrance fee- not cost efficient or ideal but nevertheless an option) or THROUGH it (staying more hydrated, slowing down my pace even more, extending the walking parts if necessary, repeating days if I need to, finding cooler places to run w/shade or maybe more of a breeze, finding a partner to maybe encourage me on those really rough days) when I don't have any other options.

KUTGW!! You should be really proud of what you accomplished--even all the more so in that heat & humidity!!
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-10, 07:38

BF:

Congrats Gwen on week 4 - that looks daunting to me at this stage! I just finished W2D2 on a gorgeous low humidity morning. The weather makes a huge difference to me in my effort level. High humidity just kills me!
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-10, 09:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsnseeds
Congrats Gwen on week 4 - that looks daunting to me at this stage! I just finished W2D2 on a gorgeous low humidity morning. The weather makes a huge difference to me in my effort level. High humidity just kills me!

Glad you had a good run this morning!! The humidity kills me too but I love those cool, crisp morning!! They are the best!!