Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-10, 20:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/186/148 Female 164 cm
BF:
Progress: 31%

Unfortunately, my time in this club has been short-lived. My husband and I lost our baby today.

Good luck to all of you. I cannot wait to see pictures and read all of your advice for a low carb pregnancy. We are going to wait a month, then try to rejoin the club.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-10, 01:00

Plan: lacto-ovo moderate carb
Stats: 163/147/141 Female 5 ft 5 "
BF:
Progress: 73%

Really sorry to hear that. I can imagine how devastated you both must be.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-10, 07:22

Stats: 301/242/190 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress:

So sorry to hear about your loss, lynys1980!
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-10, 11:40

Stats: 276/234.8/120 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 26%

So sorry for your loss! I've been there three times. Feel free to PM me if you need someone to talk to
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-10, 11:41

BF:

Brought this over from my J. Hope all you preggers are doing well, I think we all need to update! TTYS!

Quote:
I have got to get back to doing what I know is right. I'm tired of being swayed by everything and everyone who thinks they know what is best for my body, I KNOW!!!!!!

So, I think I may have felt the baby "bop" me on Fri. night. I can tell I'll start feeling it soon. I feel so fat! But still holding steady at 205. My midwife would like to see me gain 1lb per week, I flat out told her that was NOT going to happen, I would be huge! last pregnancy I gained a total of 14 lbs. So far this pregnancy maybe 10, but that is a very liberal estimate. I'm not sure what all was Orlando weight and what was early pregnancy, mostly it was just crappy eating. My BP has been elevated a bit, and I know for sure LC brings that down for me. So one concern I have is I don't want to be showing ketones when I see my midwife. I'm afraid she'll freak, do you think an apple the morning of a appt. would be enough to knock me out of ketosis?

I'm tired of feeling grumpy from the carbs, even though most of them are healthy carbs. I need more control of my eating, to be healthy. Also I need to be getting 100g protein a day. So, I go grocery shopping this weekend, I need some great suggestions, because I am totally out of the groove. !!!!!!!!!
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-10, 13:54
Registered Member

Stats: 231.4/231.4/140 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Lynys!! So very sorry to hear about your loss! I've been there too so if you need to vent at all you can PM me as well!

Hey ladies! I'm back! I've had a heck of a 1st trimester and totally fell off the face of the earth after I started this thread! Sorry!
I am 15 weeks 3 days today. I've been feeling some movement and it's so awesome! I was actually diagnosed with a "subchorionic hemorrage" early in my pregnancy and have had some bleeding here and there. It has been a bit scary, but so far so good!
I am just starting to get over Strep Throat (which was REALLY keeping me down and out) and am hoping that the rest of my pregnancy goes smoothly without any further complications or sickness!!!!!
While I was struggling with morning sickness, I totally fell off the LC bandwagon! I was eating whatever I could stand to eat and praying it would stay down!
Now that I'm feeling better and in my 2nd trimester, I'm really hoping to get back on track and have a healthy remaining pregnancy.
I've gained 7 pounds (I think) so far and am hoping to either gain very little more or keep it at 7 pounds!
Good to see you all are doing well! I hope to keep you updated and I want to know what is going on with you guys as well!!! Would you be willing to post your current gestation, weight gain/loss, eating habits, and anything else that has been going on?
Take care!
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-10, 12:10

BF:
Progress:

I am currently 12w2d. I am having a VERY hard time staying low carb. I've had very strong food aversions since about 7-8 weeks. I'm hoping that going into the second trimester will make it easier to get back on track. I've gained about 5 pounds though some days that is down a little. I already am dealing with swelling and my weight is up a pound or two on those days.

I'll be completely honest here and tell you all: I'm scared like crazy that I'm going to gain too much weight. I KNOW I should be careful of what I eat but many days low carb foods make me sick just to think about. So when I'm hungry, I just eat what sounds good. I'm not talking about junk food either, just foods that are too high in carbs. Ugh, I hope it changes soon. I have also noticed that I don't feel as well since I've not been eating low carb. Those carbs totally slow me down.

I always lost weight in the first trimester with my first pregnancies though I wasn't dieting or low carbing back then. So it was a shock to me to actually gain weight this time. I think that in of itself is what scares me SO bad.

I'm not giving up hope yet though. I hope to get back on track and STAY on track the rest of the way. It's just SO hard right now....
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-10, 23:07

BF:

Thank you ladies. Let me jus tsay, the past three weeks have been absolute hell for myself, and my family.

The day after I found out I was pregnant, my father-in-law had a stroke. He died two days later. I did my best to keep it together, and take care of myself but, my efforts were in vain. I lost the baby early last week.

This week, I noticed my youngest kitty wasn't looking too hot, and upon further inspection, found she had not been eating and lost a lot of weight. She died on Wednesday.

I feel so guilty, because I didn't notice there was something wrong, because I was still reeling from the other two deaths.

I hate to ruin your thread with doom and gloom, so I will end there. I really do wish all of you great success. My husband and I will be trying again as soon as possible. We want very badly to have a baby and share the love we have for each other with another.

Thanks again for your kind words.
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-10, 23:14

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by inwaiting
I am currently 12w2d. I am having a VERY hard time staying low carb. I've had very strong food aversions since about 7-8 weeks. I'm hoping that going into the second trimester will make it easier to get back on track. I've gained about 5 pounds though some days that is down a little. I already am dealing with swelling and my weight is up a pound or two on those days.

I'll be completely honest here and tell you all: I'm scared like crazy that I'm going to gain too much weight. I KNOW I should be careful of what I eat but many days low carb foods make me sick just to think about. So when I'm hungry, I just eat what sounds good. I'm not talking about junk food either, just foods that are too high in carbs. Ugh, I hope it changes soon. I have also noticed that I don't feel as well since I've not been eating low carb. Those carbs totally slow me down.

I always lost weight in the first trimester with my first pregnancies though I wasn't dieting or low carbing back then. So it was a shock to me to actually gain weight this time. I think that in of itself is what scares me SO bad.

I'm not giving up hope yet though. I hope to get back on track and STAY on track the rest of the way. It's just SO hard right now....

Just wanted to say, that before the miscarriage, I found I could eat anything, and I mean anything, without any weight gain. When my husband and I were married in Jamaica in October, we went completely off plan and just ate what we wanted. I came home 9 pounds heavier.

After finding out I was pregnant, I spent a lot of time either in the hospital with the family, or eating dinner at my mother-in-laws house, with no say over what I was eating. I got what was on the table. lol I was actually losing weight at that point. I definitely ate too many cookies though, but man, did I WANT them.

Anyway, even in the days after the miscarriage, I went all out eating junk food. I did not care, at all! I did not gain.

I have stopped eating poorly though, because I noticed it was starting to catch up to me. I gained three pounds since the beginning of this week (I know it is water bloat) so I am going to behave, at least until the next pregnancy. I intend to keep the carbs at about 75 grams, so I can keep myself properly fed and healthy. (And those carbs will consist of veggies, fruit... that sort of thing)
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-10, 15:00

BF:

I am 16wk6d today. I have gained 6lb since my first prenatal appt at 9 wks. I had bad nausea (bad for me anyway) the first three months, now that I'm past the first trimester I am feeling much better. I was doing awful eating but now am trying to get back on track. I have an appt on the 23rd and my midwife is kinda a weight nazi. She is ok if I lose. I'm currently trying to get back into the 190's. I feel fine about ketosis during pregnancy, and losing weight since I have so much. Like Inwaiting I lost with my first few pregnancies in the first trimester and I didn't this time! I will not gain a ton of weight, it wouldn't be healthy for me or baby.

Having a bit of trouble finding the right provider as I am trying for a vba3c. I posted links to studies about the safety in my journal I can post them here if anyone is interested. My midwife hasn't said she'd take me for my birth, but she will at least do prenatal. I'm just trusting God to bring the details together.

Sorry for the rough time lynys1980. You're in our thoughts.
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-10, 09:49
Registered Member

Plan: LC,IF
Stats: 306/237/160 Female 68''
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hello and congrats to everyone in advance I just found out I am pregnant with #3 and am about 5 wks so havent had my first midwife appointment yet. I desperately want this to be a LC pregnancy,so was thrilled to see I'm not the only one. Hope you dont mind me joining you all on this thread
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-10, 12:01

BF:

Welcome JinxGirl, I'm preg. with #4 This thread has been kinda slow, anyone want to post meal ideas? snack ideas?

I have been trying to keep around 20-40g carb per day. That's where I have to be to control cravings.

I post what I eat in my journal, so feel free to browse that.

I was wondering what ya'll thought about diet pop and artificial sweetners during pregnancy? I see so many conficting views.
  #28   ^
Old Tue, May-11-10, 10:25

Stats: 238/222/140 Female 5'10"
BF:no clue. too much
Progress: 16%
Default lunchmeat fiend

I am expecting #3 in late July/early August and I have to tell ya, I am not giving up my Diet Coke. I have maybe one a day, plus bottles of water with Crystal Light To Go and mineral water. As far as cravings go, especially when I'm at work, I keep the following on hand at all times:

*Atkins shakes
*Spam (Lite/less sodium)
*Turkey, ham, roast beef lunchmeat
*String Cheese / Sliced cheese
*Pork rinds/cracklins
*Strawberries
*Nuts / sunflower seeds / Edemame (soybeans)
*Peanut Butter
*Cottage Cheese
*Sugar-free jello
*frozen veggies (single-serve, microwavable - my favorite is cheesy broccoli or cheesy cauliflower)

I only buy enough for a week at a time, so don't go crazy. I'm lucky that we have a full size fridge here and the supermarket is literally accross the street. I eat little meals throughout the day to keep from being hungry, because when I get hungry, I start craving big time. Hope that helps!
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-10, 21:26

Plan: atkins induction
Stats: 330/330/165 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 0%

hey ladies
i am due in november and am currently almost 20 wks along. i am getting an ultrasound in 2 days to find out the sex of the baby and am excited. This will be my 4th child.

i am at my top weight of my life and feel awful and i after gaining 25 lbs already during this first 20 wks of pregnancy i know its time i do something. I have done atkins in the past and know how well lc works. So starting this week i am going to try and start LCing again and stick to 60-70 carbs per day for the rest of this pregnancy to see if i could slow down this weight gain and feel better as well.

my hubby has been doing Atkins OWL for the past 2 mos and has lost 32 lbs so far so it will be easier for him if i do this as well.
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Jul-26-11, 20:56

BF:
Progress:

I know a lot of time has past since anyone posted here but I'm wondering how everyone is? My baby is 9 months old now. We are nursing and I haven't gone low carb in fear that it will mess my supply up. He is on the smaller side at just barely 17 pounds so I don't want to mess up my supply. I want to low carb SO bad though! I've gained weight and feel awful all the time!

Anyone with experience that can offer advice?