Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Dec-17-09, 15:44
Registered Member

Plan: candida diet
Stats: 185/173/180 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hey peteranac! I'm gonna follow up on you since i'm on the diet too...this is my 7 day...i've been taking candigone...I sure do know first hand about biaxin and amoxicillon. I had to take them together for hpylori in my stomach and I believe that's what caused my candida to grow out of control. I'm gonna go see a doctor soon and hopefully get some kind of antifungal. Yeah I think the fatigue comes from being on the diet. I was getting extreme fatigue first thing in the morning but it seems like it's starting to subside now. Anyways. God Bless Ya!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Dec-17-09, 16:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/152.5/135 Female 5 foot 5 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 42%

Hey justin1984

welcome, tell us your story...how long do you feel you have had candida....what are your symptoms.....did they change after you started on the antifungals....is your doctor on board with this diagnosis or are you going from a naturopath?

We'd love to know all about you!!!!!! Also you said that the tireness has passed but what about the other symptoms? Any die off yet????
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Dec-18-09, 09:02

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/154.5/135 Female 5'5"
BF:38.8%
Progress: 51%
Default Day 7 - 1st antifungal day

okay, so 7 days into the diet and it was only on day 6 and today that I started to feel my symptoms to return slightly. Weak and shaky in the mornings, tired mid-afternoons, loose stool and sinus dripping(no change in these), started to get slight headaches again as well. The metallic taste in my mouth is not as strong recently.

I think this might be the die off caused by the diet now. Today I start to phase in my antifungals. 1 a day for 3 days, 2 a day for 3 days and 3 a day for 2 months. Then I go back to my doctor for reassessment.

Annajen, I had heard from my sister in law who suffered from a parasite as well as Canadida (heavily) that her sense of taste disappeared while in the throws of her ailments. Her naturopath told her it was common. Good news ahead though - she got it back! but it took her 2 full months on antifungals, parasite cleansing and a strict diet to get there.

So I'll be posting everyday to let you all know how I am doing on my antifungals. Think positive thoughts for me as I will for you!!!!!
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Dec-18-09, 13:24
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Hey 20lbs to go! My story is a long one. May of this year I Started experiencing chest pain wich seemed very unusual because I exercicse 3-4 times a week . I try to take good care of myself. I would work 5 days a week and go to the gym on a regular basis. The chest pain got worse so I went to see a doc and they did a endoscope on me. Tests showed esophagitis and gastritis and positive for hpylori bacteria in my stomach . The doc told me to up my dose of prilosec (wich I had been on the past year for mild reflux) and prescribed me biaxin and amoxiciilon for the bacteria . I wasn't to sure about the prilosec because when I was on it I didn't experience any acid reflux at all. So I figured maybe I was getting silent reflux or something like that. I took one priloec in the mornig and one at night. I also took my antibiotics as prescribed ( wich was the biaxin 1000mg and the amoxicilon 1000mg twice a day) and that's when all hell broke loose. My chest pain got worse, it was like I wanted to get in there and itch it sooo bad, I started getting spastic colon, ibs, brain fog, irritability, itchy all over, always feel cold. I thought I was going crazy. After doing much research on the net I came across Candida. I found out that antibiotics can cause yeast overgrowth and so can little stomach acid. So I guess being on the prilosec wasn't a good thing. I got off the prilosec and my chest pains are gone but now I have all these other symptoms. Oh yeah, I got really bad breath now too. Sorry, but it's pretty bad when you can smell your own breath. I quit my job because I couldn't physically work anymore wich doesn't bother me I just want my health back. I think I also got candida because of my diet that was high in sugar. I would drink soda like crazy. On the way to work I would buy a 12 pack of cokes because I work outside and it gets really hot here in Florida and by the end of the day the 12 pack would be gone. And on the way home I would get something to drink (usually high in sugar). I just want my life back. I'm so tired of this it's driving me crazy. I've isolated myself from my friends because I'm just not the same anymore.

I started the sugar free diet a week ago. I would go see a doc but now I don't have the money to. By the way, my old doctor didn't believe in candida. He doesn't treat people for it. Every time I seen him I talked to him for 30 seconds and he was out the door. I think I should of been a little more picky about my doctor. So I'm goimg on a hunch and trying the diet and I do feel alot better. When I started I had extreme die-off like, fatigue, headaches, itcheness, but all that's starting to subside. My ibs even went down a bunch. I've been taking candigone but I fear that's not enough. I probably need to get on some type of anti-fungal. Anyways... I will keep yall updated on my progress and if I get better I will let you know...see ya!
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Dec-18-09, 13:50
Registered Member

Plan: N/A
Stats: 127/127/127 Male 165cm
BF:
Progress:

Ouch Justin, that's a pretty sad story man....

You mentioned in one of your posts that you saw on your endoscopy pic the same white patches on your esophagus that I had on mine. You're doctor didn't prescribe you any antifungals to get rid of the Candida?

Listen Justin, if you don't have a job anymore, and you aren't able to see another doctor due to not having insurance or something like that, I don't mind picking up some antifungal meds for you here in Thailand and shipping them to you. They sell them over the counter here in pharmacies quite cheap. It's just Fluconazole 200mg. It's what I took for my Candida infection.

Anyway, it's just a last resort option. You should try and get to a doctor who can prescribe you the medicine back in the states, but if you can't I don't mind picking some up and shipping it to you.

Let me know man, and good luck!
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Dec-18-09, 14:09
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Hey kt! Yeah, that would be pretty great if we could work something out. When I lost my job I lost my BCBS insurance and haven't been able to see the doc since. I do have some money but not very much. I know it's a long shot but you seem like you don't mind helping people out.

If you don't mind e-mail me at gooddirt69~hughes.net. Once again man, I appreciate it.
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Dec-18-09, 14:26
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

My e-mails down right now I don't know why so if I don't respond right away I will soon...see ya!
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Dec-18-09, 14:35
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Ok man, i'll shoot you an e-mail. Mine is KeepTrying09 at Gmail.com.

There is a 12 hour time difference between here and the states, so if I don't respond immediately it probably means I am sleeping .

Chat with ya soon
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Dec-19-09, 09:06
Registered Member

Default Day 2 of the antifungals

Damn it !!! I had a cookie last night. Stupid neighbors keep coming over with cookies for Christmas and I have so many of them I lying around. Don't want to be rude and tell them no and the kids will eat them....but I just had one.

STUPID.....

Oh well here we go again..... I am on day 2 of my antifungal phase in 1 a day for three days. I am a little shaky but other than that I seem to be okay. I was told to take psyllium husk in water when I take the antifungal. HOW IN THE HELL DO PEOPLE GET THIS DOWN!!!!!!! it is horrible. Is it essential??????

Should I be feeling more die off now that I am on the antifungals? Or will that take a little more time????
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Dec-20-09, 08:15
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20lbstogo
Damn it !!! I had a cookie last night. Stupid neighbors keep coming over with cookies for Christmas and I have so many of them I lying around. Don't want to be rude and tell them no and the kids will eat them....but I just had one.

STUPID.....

Don't beat yourself up over 1 cookie. Every once in a blue moon I will eat some pizza or some cake. Of course these are made with bread. I don't beat myself up for doing it. I just make sure I eat some of the natural antifungals along with it. Plus I take probiotics everyday so the Candida doesn't have a chance to proliferate.

It's the holiday season after all, maybe you should try to start your Candida Diet after the holidays when you will have less temptation.... I talked to another person who had antifungals, but she was waiting till after the holidays to start taking them because she knew the holidays would be too tempting for her to resist...

Last edited by KT12 : Sun, Dec-20-09 at 09:17.
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Dec-21-09, 07:50

Default Day 4 of antifungals

Well today IO started taking 2 antifungals a day and in thredays I'll be up to 3 antifungals a day. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday I was SO tired. Sunday I started to feel alittle bit better and today so far so good. My kidney pain seemed to subside and now it seems to be back again (I say kidney becasue it is in that general area on both sides). My nautropath told me if it doesn't subside in a few days to let her now.

I am hoping to kill this off but do have a nother questions for all of you who have suceeded in this fight (at least once). I am to take these antifungals for 2 months. If I start to feel better am I able to stop taking them or do I need to finish it out?
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Dec-21-09, 09:14
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteranac
I am hoping to kill this off but do have a nother questions for all of you who have suceeded in this fight (at least once). I am to take these antifungals for 2 months. If I start to feel better am I able to stop taking them or do I need to finish it out?

When you say antifungals, are you talking about natural antifungals or synthetic antifungals?
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Dec-21-09, 13:11

I am taking what my naturopath gave me and that is Candida Clear by NOW.

I am not a big pill popper but was told this will help get rid of it sooner than later and I am all for my energy levels to return to normal!!!! I am not hear for the weight loss but for my life back.
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Dec-22-09, 19:37
Registered Member

Default Day 13

Today I am on the 2 a day antifungals and tomorrow will be the same. Everything was fine today slight shakiness but that was all. I have noticed more aches and pains but I also haven't been working out at all and I am normally a vigorous exerciser.

I think I'll start out slow with some yoga next week. That will put me on 4 days of the 3 a day antifungals.

Things seem to be looking up. I am very cautious to say that because everytime I do it seems I take another step back!!!!
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Dec-24-09, 09:41

Default first day of 3 antifungals a day

Okay today I am shaky a bit and heart if beating a lttle faster about 2 hours after taking the antifungals. Not sure fi there is a connection as my son threw up this morning and I have a little bit of stress there. Could my symptoms be stress relatived as well?

I get symptomns some days and then none the next day. Over all I am improving but I am not sure if the symptoms continue as I increase the antifungals. Mayeb there is a connection there but I thought die off was all at once and then the improvement. Could it be becasue of the phase in approach?????