Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Sat, Nov-07-09, 14:00
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

They didn't taste like pork rinds to me, tasted like crunchy cereal!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sat, Nov-07-09, 14:22
What a good girl!!!

Plan: my own
Stats: 195.8/165.0/138 Female 62.5 inches
BF:Getting Rid of IT!
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by starxsoul
You know, I really don't see the need for the snarky attitude. People have written some very helpful and constructive replies to the OP. Whether cereal is enjoyable to one, or not, many here have experienced great improvements in health from cutting out wheat. Why would you be surprised that people aren't encouraging the consumption of a very processed wheat product?

Humor impaired, represent!

Now this thread is getting somewhere, the discussion of pork rinds, the other white meat.
  #78   ^
Old Sat, Nov-07-09, 14:34
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

You got what it takes to make cereal or of pork rinds or you don't!

p.s. don't use the bbq flavored ones... just doesn't go well with cinnamon and milk.
  #79   ^
Old Sat, Nov-07-09, 14:58
Registered Member

Plan: VLC/HF
Stats: 180/137.5/135 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMMS
Humor impaired, represent!

Lashing out with sarcastic comments toward people who aren't telling you what you want to hear isn't humor, it's immaturity.
  #80   ^
Old Sat, Nov-07-09, 15:02

Plan: Animal-based/IF
Stats: 252/215.6/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 30%

Quote:
Lashing out with sarcastic comments toward people who aren't telling you what you want to hear isn't humor, it's immaturity.

I don't find humour in recommendations that destroy my health either. It's only funny if it hasn't affected you yet. And it may not be showing on the outside as in weight, but doing it's damage on the inside where you can't see it. People who think they can get away with eating grains because it doesn't show on the scale should think of what it is doing to them on the inside.
  #81   ^
Old Sat, Nov-07-09, 15:18

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 235/175/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 71%

My kids do that, say nasty or provocative things, start laughing, and if you call them on it, say, "I was ONLY joking!" My kids also get punished for that. If you know what you're going to say isn't going to be taken as funny by a lot of people, it's your issue for saying it, not their issue for not finding it funny.

The thing is that a few people here don't understand is no one personally cares WHAT other people eat. I know what works for me. I know what has improved my family's health. I'll give advice based on that but I'm certainly not going to be hurt if someone decides to ignore what I have to say and eat crappy food.

Last edited by tiredangel : Sat, Nov-07-09 at 15:26. Reason: clumsy wording
  #82   ^
Old Sat, Nov-07-09, 15:41
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

There probably should be major categories for eating plans.

1. Things you SHOULD eat to give body wonderful nutrient health.

2. Things you SHOULD NOT eat because they are damaging to you, or trigger other problem issues with you. Although these are generalized they'll vary some for individuals.

3. Things you SHOULD NOT, BUT CAN OCCASIONALLY eat because either
(a) the damage is minor, or not minor but the person is oblivious to it so it's the same end result for them psychologically (if not physically), but they really love those foods so they are willing to 'trade' any potentials for that, or even if it hurts them it's such a reward factor for them it keeps them otherwise on-plan, or
(b) they are nutritionally worthless (or both)

For most people cereal sits solidly in #2.
For a few people it might be found more in category #3.
Possibly the more important point is that it would NOT be found in #1.
But as #3 demonstrates it's a personal choice.

PJ
  #83   ^
Old Sat, Nov-07-09, 15:57

Plan: Whole food, semi low carb
Stats: 165/165/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:

Seriously, I don't believe anyone "lashed out". It was sarcasm. If something is wrong with that, I should have been jailed years ago.
  #84   ^
Old Sat, Nov-07-09, 15:59

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellistile
I don't find humour in recommendations that destroy my health either. It's only funny if it hasn't affected you yet. And it may not be showing on the outside as in weight, but doing it's damage on the inside where you can't see it. People who think they can get away with eating grains because it doesn't show on the scale should think of what it is doing to them on the inside.

Oh boy, then I guess I should be ready to drop dead any second. Oh well, at least I'll look good doing it.
  #85   ^
Old Sat, Nov-07-09, 16:04

BF:

Ya know, the original poster asked about cereal recommendations. Instead of getting answers pointing him in the best choices if he/she wants cold crunchy cereal, the posters idea was torn to shreds. Believe it or not, there are some people who do not want to drink heavy cream and cook all their fatty meats in lard and several sticks of butter. There are plans that are low carb that can fit in some whole grains. Plans such as south beach is one, and even general low-carb. I follow this type of eating plan, have reached my goal, and successfully maintained for over a year. If that's the way this poster would like to try it, then they may have success doing so. It can be done in a healthy manner. Now yes, there are people with wheat intolerances, but not everyone is. I don't eat tons of cereal everyday, but rather small portions a few times a week. It's not going to kill me, I'm extremely healthy and active, look many years younger than i am, feel like a teenager (even though I'm the parent to one). Just because someone doesn't want to eat pounds of fat each day, doesn't mean they are out to kill themselves. The extreme bias is getting worse here.

With that said, don't lecture of me on the necessary fat, I DO eat fat, but I don't go out of my way to drink it and slather it all over my food. I eat dark meat chicken, I eat butter when it's called for.
  #86   ^
Old Sat, Nov-07-09, 16:10

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 235/175/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 71%

I just reread the beginning of the thread -- there were a LOT of alternative suggestions for the OP. And I have no interest in converting people. You found something that works for you. GREAT!
  #87   ^
Old Sat, Nov-07-09, 16:10

Plan: Animal-based/IF
Stats: 252/215.6/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hmm, I don't think anyone mentioned drinking fat here LA. Me thinketh thou protesteth too much.
  #88   ^
Old Sat, Nov-07-09, 16:13

Plan: HCG
Stats: 28/22/16 Female 72 inches
BF:yes
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAwoman75
The extreme bias is getting worse here.

You aren't kidding.
  #89   ^
Old Sat, Nov-07-09, 16:14

Plan: Optimal Diet
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAwoman75
Ya know, the original poster asked about cereal recommendations. Instead of getting answers pointing him in the best choices if he/she wants cold crunchy cereal
The original poster asked what we thought about eating cereal, and she got what she asked for. I checked it again myself when this thread started to get contentious. And this is posted in general low-carb, and the comments I think accurately reflect the opinions of low-carbers when you generalize all the plans there are.

I didn't hear an attack on plans like yours that include more carbs. Just a vote of no confidence in highly processed cereals.

Last edited by Seejay : Sat, Nov-07-09 at 16:20.
  #90   ^
Old Sat, Nov-07-09, 16:49

BF:

You all are exactly right, what do I know anyway.