Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Nov-01-09, 21:28

Plan: Modified Low-Carb
Stats: 155/148/142 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:28%/23.6%/18%
Progress: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMMS
That's awesome you are doing it with a friend. When you are reading the book you will have someone to talk to about it. I just forced DH to listen to me read parts to him. Maybe that's why he quit 4 months after I did, who knows. Please give me feedback on what you think about the book. I TOTALLY want to know how it works for you because it saved my life. It was the best thing that ever happened for me and believe me, I am a skeptic of everything but this totally worked for me. Let me know how you are doing and good luck to you and your friend.

Lisa

I am probably the biggest skeptic in thinking that a book could help, but seriously, anyone who really wants to quit needs to buy this book. I received it on Friday, stared at it until Saturday, read the entire thing cover to cover Saturday night, and smoked my last cigarette at 9:30 this morning.

I've had a few moments that I went to go outside and light up, just out of pure habit, no real cravings at all. We'll see how the rest of the week goes, but I honestly have never felt this good after this long without a cigarette.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Nov-02-09, 07:57
What a good girl!!!

Plan: my own
Stats: 195.8/165.0/138 Female 62.5 inches
BF:Getting Rid of IT!
Progress: 53%

Magic,

I am so happy. No one has ever really believed me about that book. No pills or patches or willpower or cravings. It really does work. I am so glad it worked for you. Super easy read and it doesn't tell you what you already know about smoking being bad but it does tell you what you already know but in a cool way. I am super glad. I try to let anyone know about it when they want to quit smoking but most think that they have to go through any withdrawal symptoms. In a few days you won't be able to be near people smoking. The smell will make you sick. I am so happy for you!!! YOU did it without gimmicks and how nice to do it with no awful withdrawals. I really don't know why everyone doesn't read it. I think because he's from England and they never really did lots of advertisement so not too many people know about it. Plus, hard to believe a book can do much of anything. Well we know the secret.

Keep me up to date and let me know how you feel. I am dying to know because I have been talking about this book since I quit over 2 years ago and no one has wanted to read it.

AWESOME!!!!

Lisa
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Nov-02-09, 08:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMMS
Magic,

I am so happy. No one has ever really believed me about that book. No pills or patches or willpower or cravings. It really does work. I am so glad it worked for you. Super easy read and it doesn't tell you what you already know about smoking being bad but it does tell you what you already know but in a cool way. I am super glad. I try to let anyone know about it when they want to quit smoking but most think that they have to go through any withdrawal symptoms. In a few days you won't be able to be near people smoking. The smell will make you sick. I am so happy for you!!! YOU did it without gimmicks and how nice to do it with no awful withdrawals. I really don't know why everyone doesn't read it. I think because he's from England and they never really did lots of advertisement so not too many people know about it. Plus, hard to believe a book can do much of anything. Well we know the secret.

Keep me up to date and let me know how you feel. I am dying to know because I have been talking about this book since I quit over 2 years ago and no one has wanted to read it.

AWESOME!!!!

Lisa

I had bought 2 copies, and I gave the other copy and my last 5 packs of cigarettes to my friend this morning. I told her I was done, and now it was up to her. So, I'll let you know the outcome for both of us.
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Nov-02-09, 11:53
What a good girl!!!

Magic,

I am super excited for you. I hate to be one of those annoying ex smokers but you will be one too but this is the beginning of you as a NON smoker. It's a great feeling. I didn't feel like a non smoker for the first few months but that's what I call myself now. You might not want to breathe in 2nd hand smoke. I get sick from it. I don't mind because it just reinforces me not to smoke. I am dying to see how your friend does. I hope those are the last smokes for her too. Then I have to figure out how to get someone else to try the book.

Seriously I have written about this book and told my friends and no one has read it. They just weren't interested. I found it on accident and it was the best accident I ever read. he has a book called the easyway to stop drinking. Anyone that reads it will never have even a beer again. It works the same way as the smoking one but I guess the author Allen Carr was a really heavy drinker, big time, and his story is so neat. I liked his writing style and how he explains stuff. Super easy but it's like, wow, I already knew this stuff but never thought about it this way.

Well I happen to know that you will never smoke again after reading his book. It is the secret, all natural, that no one knows about. Too bad he never really marketed it or he could have helped a lot more people.

Totally let me know about your friend. It is really cool to know what helped me (and I thought I was a lost cause) will help others.

Way to go non smoker!!!

Lisa
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Nov-02-09, 13:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/161/155 Female 5'6
BF:don't u ask
Progress: 93%

Still hanging in there. I will get there. Doing better today.
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Nov-02-09, 14:47

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainecyn
Good for you ... keep going, you can do it!
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Nov-02-09, 15:44

Quote:

Have you read the book by Allen Carr? Even though you have already quit, seriously read this book. It's only been a day and a half for me, but I have had no cravings today and feel so good about quitting.

Every time I tried in the past, I was just awful to people around me and emotional, etc. etc. Not the case at all this time.

Hang in there! Can you breathe better, can you smell better, how does food taste? Think of all the positive wonderful things about NOT smoking!
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Nov-02-09, 16:47
What a good girl!!!

Quote:

AWESOME!!!!!

Lisa
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Nov-04-09, 14:23

So, I'm on day three, and not much for cravings. Hadn't had the urge to smoke. Have been eating ALOT of sugar free candy, but slowing down on that today. Only three days, but the best I have ever felt when quitting. This time is for good.

How you holding up, mainecyn?
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Nov-04-09, 17:06
What a good girl!!!

Magic,

Great for you. you are much smarter than me. I started this diet after I gave myself a year of no smoking. I lost smoking but found Ben and Jerry. So having some SF candy, no biggie. If you gain a couple of lbs you will lose it. This is so much better for your health. Pretty soon you won't even be counting days, you will be counting months and years.

Congrats, you kicked it. Aren't you glad to not have to go through those awful withdrawals. You were deprogrammed. It worked for me. I wish I had 100 of his books. I would give them away but really you have to know when you want to quit for yourself. I wish I did it earlier but it might not have worked. I really wanted it.

So glad for you!!!

Lisa
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Nov-04-09, 18:40

I was going to wait until I was down closer to my goal before trying to quit, but I am having surgery in about a month and decided that I might as well quit before that, and still try to take off a bit more weight off before then. At least maintain while quitting for a month would be good. I'm really afraid I'll gain some weight in December cause I'll be pretty inactive.

Oh well, I feel good about quitting. I can smell stuff that I haven't smelled in a while, and I feel like I can breathe better.
  #42   ^
Old Wed, Nov-04-09, 19:40
What a good girl!!!

Hi Magic,

Good idea to quit before surgery. I hope it's nothing serious. I have worked with doctors and they always tell me that they would rather do surgery on diabetics than smokers. They usually tell you to quit before surgery for a time so now you are doing it on your own without having to worry about that later. If you stay the same weight for a month and quit smoking, you have totally won the battle. BIG TIME!!!

Things smell good but I also found because of that food tastes better. It is nice to eat and smell it and taste it for real.

You are doing good. I always check to see if you posted and how you are doing.

Do you live where it's cold? I go to a gym 3 times a week with a Team Fitness group. It really helps when it gets cold out. Chicago is a pain in the winter. It's just dark and cold. But if I didn't go to that I wouldn't move much.

It gets even better and better, just wait!!!

Lisa
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Nov-10-09, 14:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/161/155 Female 5'6
BF:don't u ask
Progress: 93%

Still not smoking.
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Nov-10-09, 14:30
Give A Damn

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 293/234.4/175 Female 5' 5 3/4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Still not smoking.

One battle at a time. You inspire
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Nov-10-09, 14:32

I'm still not smoking either. No cravings, I feel great. I have been working out and feel so much better now that I can breathe better.

It is amazing to me how fast your body can recover. I do live where it is cold, about 8 hours north of Chicago, so yes it will be easier not to have to worry about standing outside freezing to smoke.

Food does taste better, and I am eating WAY TOO MUCH! I have put on a couple pounds, but those will be coming off real soon.

Get the book everyone! It really does work, but only if you really want to quit too!