Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Apr-21-10, 09:15

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 184.0/141.5/152.0 Female 66.25 inches
BF:35%/???/???
Progress: 133%

Second round is going well. I'm doing classic and wow. I don't think I could do it had I know done lean first. Plyo is a kick butt workout but I think it is turning into my favorite already. Lots of high energy moves, love it!

keep pushing play and yes your body is changing I feel sure. I didn't see it when I started but my husband keep telling me it was and yep, it did!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, May-04-10, 22:56

Plan: Keto-ish Low Carb
Stats: 420/407/240 Male 5'11
BF:
Progress: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal31
When you cut all carbs your thyroid at some point slows down and yes that can be a cause why you are not losing weight anymore.

P90X is so extreme the first phase is low carb high protein but second and third phase do allow carbs, you need glycogen as well.

Scale can be very misleading because with P90X you will build muscle and this weights a lot more then fat, i am 220 pounds and people cannot believe it when i tell them my weight, i do have a good bf% around 20% but i have been weight training for so long that some of this is muscle, even if i am not cut up i am still very massive.

Exactly. Muscle is more dense than fat.

#48   ^
Old Mon, May-17-10, 07:33

great visual! Thanks!
  #49   ^
Old Sat, May-22-10, 02:14

Plan: Keto-ish Low Carb
Stats: 420/407/240 Male 5'11
BF:
Progress: 7%

You're welcome.
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Jul-19-10, 08:06

just about done with round 2 of p90x. I am loving how much stronger I feel, or maybe how toned I feel. I do still have a bit of extra weight but that will come with time, patients right? anyone else thinking about P90x or doing it? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-10, 10:22
Registered Member

Plan: Zone
Stats: 186/138/130 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress:

I just started P90x on Monday, and it's kicking my butt. I just need to get toned and firm up, age is winning right now. I joined on here yesterday to try and get some other feedback and motivation to push on - I read through your history and starting this - way to stick with it - that's all I want to do is be consistent and not quit!
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-10, 18:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCalgirli
I just started P90x on Monday, and it's kicking my butt. I just need to get toned and firm up, age is winning right now. I joined on here yesterday to try and get some other feedback and motivation to push on - I read through your history and starting this - way to stick with it - that's all I want to do is be consistent and not quit!

Hey,
P90X is awesome. I am on round three, seriously thinking about doing doubles this time have another week to decided. I started my third round 8/2/2010 my 47th birthday! I had taken about a three week break from working out due to way to crazy life. Now i'm back and feeling awesome. I have to say I love feeling the firmness of my abs and obliques. I can almost, do an un assisted pullup. that is my goal this round, to do one unassisted pullup. Be sure to keep calories up with such a hard workout schedule. Anytime you have questions or need motivation just let me hear from you! hang in there
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-10, 20:50

Plan: Atkins and Ketogenic Diet
Stats: 320/205/195 Male 6 Feet
BF:Haaaa, 10% baby
Progress: 92%

Try doing the Insanity work out, talking about burning and burning and buring calories,,,,
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-10, 09:58

I have thought about insanity and I may start that after I'm done with my third round of P90x I am also in corporting some zumba in with my P90X. Actually taking a class so I can teach zumba in Nov. Toying with looking into what it takes to be a personal trainer, but thinking my age 47 would be a negative on that journey.
  #55   ^
Old Sat, Aug-21-10, 19:59

NOPE DONT SAY THAT!! You'll never too old to teach, believe me, Im an instructor for the police academy and I blow away the recruits in PT that I train and Im 44. Look into ISSA for personal training.
  #56   ^
Old Sat, Aug-21-10, 21:46
4 phases Use them

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 250/250/180 Male 70 Inches
BF:ack/ack/ack
Progress: 0%

Someone gave me the DVDs they were so impressed with my weight loss they wanted to help.

However I broke my hand in January and its still painful. So I haven't started the program because of the pain.

Supposed to go to the Dr. and get a steroid shot to help with the pain, then someone told me that I don't have to do the pull ups for P90X that I can just use the bands instead. Is this true, because if it is I might just pop the DVDs in and start on Monday.

John
  #57   ^
Old Sun, Aug-22-10, 15:50

My first round of P90x I used bands. yes the bands will provide results! As Tony says over and over, do your best and forget the rest. i am now using the bar. I can't say that I can do an unassisted pull but I am getting closer daily. Give it a try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGibson
Someone gave me the DVDs they were so impressed with my weight loss they wanted to help.

However I broke my hand in January and its still painful. So I haven't started the program because of the pain.

Supposed to go to the Dr. and get a steroid shot to help with the pain, then someone told me that I don't have to do the pull ups for P90X that I can just use the bands instead. Is this true, because if it is I might just pop the DVDs in and start on Monday.

John
  #58   ^
Old Sun, Aug-22-10, 15:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlaurentos
NOPE DONT SAY THAT!! You'll never too old to teach, believe me, Im an instructor for the police academy and I blow away the recruits in PT that I train and Im 44. Look into ISSA for personal training.

I have been looking at website for personal training and not sure of which way to go. There are sooo many certifications avalable out there. ISSA? what can you tell me about it?
  #59   ^
Old Mon, Aug-23-10, 16:11

ISSA is one of the leading Personal Training Corporations out there. They start with the basics and finish with complex routines and workouts for every body class. Go to the site, its pretty good and a little scientific.
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-10, 20:32
4 phases Use them

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 250/250/180 Male 70 Inches
BF:ack/ack/ack
Progress: 0%

Ok guys,

I need your help here. I am getting excited to start this program, I have lost 80 pounds but have really no upper body strength to speak of.

Should I start with the P90X Lean or should I start with Classic P90X?

Also need to pick up a heart rate monitor, any suggestions on which one and where to get it?

John