Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Sat, Aug-29-09, 19:17

Plan: Optimal Diet
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

What a happy report! Thank you for telling us. It brightened my day.

My girls just loved a big batch of chicken based salad with peas and onions and celery in it.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sat, Sep-19-09, 12:32
Every moment is NOW.

Plan: LC (ketogenic)
Stats: 520/381/280 Female 66 inches
BF: Why yes it is.
Progress: 58%

We've been doing better.

Yesterday I got zucchini, squash, sweet little peppers, baby portobello mushrooms, and we sliced them up matchstick except the zuke/squash we used a 'julienne' peeler on to make long noodle-like shapes, and we super-brief-stir fried the 'noodles' and sauteed the other stuff. All this in butter and palm shortening with some spices.

We made it pretty on the plate and she ate it with chopsticks. It took a lot of time for a little food frankly! -- but it was fun for her to help make, and she likes veggies more than I do, and we had some chuck burger meatballs on the side.

I'm going to make a bigger effort with good veggies for her since she is so much less into meat than me.

I think this will solve one other problem. The stuff that SHE likes so much -- dairy, cheese stuff, lowcarb bready products, LC sweets -- tend to influence my eating because I have to be part of making them etc. It isn't that I "can't resist them", it's simply that cooking is such a pain in the ass IMO and I have a schedule usually, so I make her food and then I have a choice, I can either eat some too, or I can just walk away and not eat, because I don't have more time to make a whole separate second dish for myself. I don't eat, just as often as I do eat it, but in my world that is actually worse not better, since undereating is my biggest problem (and too much of that haunts me days later when my body freaks out and wants everything in sight and I end up going offplan altogether for a couple days).

(This reminds me I once considered the humor of making a sig that said, Cheat-Free for Two Years!*
* Except Thursdays and one weekend a month
but I wasn't sure anybody else would understand the humor)

I think it's safe to say that I am really not much tempted by vegetables -- and even if I was, it wouldn't hurt me. I think more focus on veggies for her and 'meat on the other side of the plate' so a small thing, will take the focus off the meat, and might let me set up a separate food system for me. Everything I like she hates, for the most part. I'd like to make up a ton of small meat servings in advance, stuff *I* like (spicy stuff or eastern stuff) freeze most and fridge some, and just nuke stuff for me through the day.

So in the end this might work out. I have shopping to do this weekend and we'll see if my budget covers the rest of my interior painting and cleaning out phase on top of our new eating plan. This weekend I have to finish working out the details.

I'm going to make a LOT of coconut oil stuff so even if for some stupid reason I am not eating, I at least can be sure I have an instant-dose of fat/calories whenever I need it. My big "supplementation frenzy" starts Monday so I figure I need lots of fat to be sure my body will absorb any of it. I also got my blood and stool panel test packages this week so am hoping to ship those off Monday.

I'm going to work my ass off to actually TRACK this decently so it's more than a casual reference. That's another huge help that having pre-made stuff helps!
  #78   ^
Old Sat, Sep-19-09, 15:54
LUST For The Moment

Plan: LC/VLC
Stats: 167/139/137 Female 5'7"
BF:5'7"
Progress: 93%

Another vote here for Zero Carb. You clearly were pretty close to it in your VLC days. I work 60 hrs/week, enjoy a vigorous life, and most appreciate my low appetite.

Good Luck,