Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#76   ^
Old Mon, Sep-07-09, 22:01

Plan: Mine, all mine
Stats: 160/120/120 Female 5'6"
BF:still got some
Progress: 100%

sounds like everyone is doing well.
i haven't had much in the way of rm other than a glass of wine until yesterday.
had a bbq w friends and along w an amazing steak, an ear of corn. also had 2 glasses of wine over the afternoon. went a bit heavy on salad and had a grumbly stomach this morning.
was really busy today so didn't eat much throughout the day...just chicken soup w some mushrooms this evening. still the tummy is not so great.

have a good week.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Sep-08-09, 01:13

Plan: Atkins now CAD
Stats: 224/195.8/160 Female 170
BF:
Progress: 44%

Morning All

I am a bit grumpy this morning as am showing a three pound gain :-X I did a bodypump class in the morning yesterday, had my RM at lunch and finished within forty mins and had a tiny CM in the evening. No alcohol. Lots of water....

I guess it's just the adjustment. I did say this morning that I would immediately switch back my RM to evening but I am going to stick to my guns and keep it at lunchtime until Friday.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Body Combat class under my belt this morning.

Have a good day xxx

Last edited by Zarabelle : Tue, Sep-08-09 at 06:04.
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Sep-08-09, 10:55

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

Hello everyone,

Rachel, it sounds as if you are off to a great start. I hope everything continues to work out well for you.

jem51, sorry to hear that your stomach is giving you trouble. I hope you feel better soon.

Zarabelle, it sounds as if you had quite a workout. Don't worry about the scale because you are working out and building muscle. As long as you have control over your food, that is the most important part of following this eating plan. If you are happy with what you are doing, keep it up and the weight will take care of itself!

I have a busy day planned getting my house in order. The laundry is started but I still have to sweep, vacuum, and mop the floors. I only do what is necessary during the weekends, since I always seem to have other things for me to do.

Monday, 9.07.09

Menu
CM: 2 cups of black coffee
CM: Salad of romaine w/avocado, bacon, cheddar cheese, & ranch, and pork chop
RM: Salad of romaine w/vinaigrette, chicken strips, and cucumber

Note: Avocado is not listed as a CM food!

Water
80 oz.

Option #1
GTF Chromium

Option #2
Leslie Sansone Walk at Home
3 Mile Weight Loss Walk...A "Power Walk" at Home!
Mile 1: 15 minutes of non-stop muscle moving steps to get you started
Mile 2: 12 minutes of speed walking
Mile 3: 15 minutes to continue blasting calories as you burn body fat
I completed all 3 miles!
  #79   ^
Old Tue, Sep-08-09, 15:24
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
the wedding was WONDERFUL. I stayed OP for the whole weekend except for the actual wedding day- I had wedding cake and champagne outside the hour- and it was wonderful! I am still at 130.[ the night before the wedding we had a big dinner too but I skipped all alcohol and dessert- good rm well within the hour.]

DS had a bit of a problem- his pants almost did not close. He told DH that he was eating too many carbs (beer). Hummmm.
DD looked amazing- so happy!!

I am so excited to see everyone here and doing well- this is am amazing WOL.
As someone doing CALP the longest- here is a bit of E's soapbox. You might want to review your books and see what the plans say about some of the beverages you are having for CM. It may be a YMMV issue, but if I had some of the sweet drinks it would really throw me off. One of the differences with CAD/CALP/CAHHP is that we don't have that much SF stuff or low carb-AS foods. As the Hellers evolved their plans they wrote about the effects of sweet taste in triggering insulin release- and this is a plan based on reducing insulin. so.....
But then again I am a 'balance girl!"....

today
cm:2 eggs, 2 turkey bacon, coffee
cm: chicken breast, salad, green tea
rm(planned): salad, chicken piccata, asparagas, wedding cake!

E
  #80   ^
Old Tue, Sep-08-09, 15:42
Registered Member

Plan: ~ CAD ~
Stats: 276.6/272.0/175 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 5%
Smile

Awwwww... ENO... { Great Big Hug! } im glad you had so much fun! Welcome Baaaaaaaack!
  #81   ^
Old Tue, Sep-08-09, 22:42

Plan: Mostly Atkins
Stats: 185/181/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Eno, glad you had a great time at the wedding. Jem, sorry you're not feeling well, I had the stomach flu (first time in probably 10 years) last month and I hope it will be another 10 years before I got through that again.

Well today started off amazing, I was down 2lbs (!!??) and ecstatic. Breakfast and RM lunch was great. Then I messed up after my RM lunch. My mom and I were out shopping and running errands in the afternoon. She had only eaten a tiny lunch (she's been dieting for months now and she seems to have no problem eating hardly anything and is now down to 113lbs). and she suddenly decided she wanted to eat at the Golden Corral. What could I do? she was hungry, is not overweight, wanted me to eat there too, etc. So I went in, determined to eat a CM and had a weak moment after seeing my favorite chocolate cake. Sigh. so I had 2 RM today. blah.

I don't know why I panic and seem to think that it's the last chance I'll ever have to eat something yummy? I wasn't even hungry when we went in. I think the smell of food causes the insulin to surge and "poof" I'm hungry. I hate that.

Tomorrow I should be at home all day and should be on track again.
  #82   ^
Old Wed, Sep-09-09, 13:37

BF:

Hello everyone,

Eno, I am sure your daughter was beautiful. It is nice to hear that the wedding was wonderful and you all had a great time.

RachelTN, congratulations on the two pounds that you lost. I am happy for you that the extra RM was not a problem when you weighed in.

The plumber arrived this morning so we are finally on our way to getting our pipes replaced.

I had to get my daughter from the airport so I met my husband at his work so we could go out to dinner. We ate at the Outback Steakhouse and I was able to balance my meal in spite of my husband ordering raspberry cheesecake. If he would have ordered anything chocolate I know that one bite would not have been enough.

Tuesday, 9.08.09

Menu
CM: Herbed chicken and green beans w/vinaigrette
RM: (Restaurant) Caesar salad w/croutons, parmesan cheese, & caesar, ribeye steak, green beans, bread & butter, and raspberry cheesecake

Water
100 oz.

Option #1
GTF Chromium

Option #2
Bowflex, 20 Minute Better Body Workout, 2 sets
120# Bench Press
120# Seated Lat Rows
120# Crossover Rear Deltoid Rows
120# Biceps Curl
120# Triceps Pushdown
120# Leg Extension
120# Standing Low Back Extension
150# Seated Abdominal Crunch
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Sep-09-09, 19:31

BF:

Hoppinn, my weight was before my two RM. I didn't weigh in today, I was in a hurry this morning and I knew it would be bad so I skipped it.

Today, however, went perfectly as far as meals, so I'm happy

CM: 2 eggs, 2 slices ham, tea with half n half
CM: salad, chicken, hot "cocoa" made with 2 tbs heavy cream + water + 1/4 tsp dark cocoa + stevia.
RM: Chicken, salad, oatmeal with blueberries.

+ took GTF Cromium.

I need to come up with some other veggies to eat - but right now my salad is pretty big and full of veggies so I think I'm okay.

Also did 10 minutes on my eliptical machine and 10 minutes on total gym. I would have liked to do more, but I didn't have time. I however, convinced myself I had 10 minutes. I think I'm going to promise myself that I will do 10 minutes of exercise 5 days a week no matter what. If I can do more, great, but I think if I set a small goal of 10 minutes I can't fail.

It's been a shaky re-start but I aim to keep at it!
  #84   ^
Old Thu, Sep-10-09, 09:51

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTN
Also did 10 minutes on my eliptical machine and 10 minutes on total gym. I would have liked to do more, but I didn't have time. I however, convinced myself I had 10 minutes. I think I'm going to promise myself that I will do 10 minutes of exercise 5 days a week no matter what. If I can do more, great, but I think if I set a small goal of 10 minutes I can't fail.

It's been a shaky re-start but I aim to keep at it!

I think your exercise goal is definitely doable. Good luck!
  #85   ^
Old Thu, Sep-10-09, 09:55

BF:

Hello everyone,

I believe I have mentioned this before but I love this way of eating. My burger was so big last night that anyone that would have been watching me eat would not have believed it was part of a weight loss program.

Wednesday, 9.09.09

Menu
CM: Pork chops and cucumber
RM: Salad of romaine w/vinaigrete, cheeseburger on bun w/mustard, mayo, lettuce, tomato, pickles, & grilled onions, green beans w/vinaigrette, and Hershey's

Water
100 oz.

Option #1
GTF Chromium

Option #2
Leslie Sansone Walk at Home, Walk Away Your Waistline!
3 Mile Walk with 1, 2 & 3 Mile Markers Featuring the Walk Belt!
Mile 1: 15 minutes
Mile 2: 15 minutes
Mile 3: 15 minutes
I completed all 3 miles w/the walk belt!
  #86   ^
Old Thu, Sep-10-09, 21:23

BF:

Teri, lol. I love when I'm on a good LC type eating plan and I can happily eat out in front of others. I just have to be careful not to allow it to knock me off plan. That's why I'm back to CAD/CALP.

Today went pretty good.

CM: 2 eggs, 2 sl ham, tea w half and half.
RM Chicken breast, salad, green peppers and onions stir fried in butter, 1/4 cup dry oatmeal with 1/4 cup blueberries, snickers bar.
Cm: ?? I actually wasn't hungry at all until the last 1/2 hour. Going to see what I can dig up that is LC and not too heavy.

Didn't exercise today, but will tomorrow.

Took 1 GTF Chromium and am drinking plenty of water.
  #87   ^
Old Fri, Sep-11-09, 10:35

BF:

165.5 again today. YES! lol. Will update later.

Ok back to update.

CM: 2 eggs, 2 sl ham, tea w/half and half
RM: (ate out) roast beef, Bourbon street chicken, whole wheat roll, brussel sprouts, small chunk of chocolate cake. This was a "take out" at the Golden Corral so I really didn't have room for a salad. That's ok.
CM: Chicken & salad. cocoa and creamer with stevia

Option: GTF Chromium

Exercise: walked for 3 hours through an amusement park today (didn't eat anything though - just lots of water) Not sure how far I walked but boy are my legs sore.

Where did everyone go?

Last edited by RachelTN : Fri, Sep-11-09 at 22:15.
  #88   ^
Old Sat, Sep-12-09, 11:16

BF:

Hello everyone,

My oldest daughter and I went out of town yesterday. The plan was to visit with my folks and then load the sheep that are located at my ranch that is only ten minutes away from their house.

My dad had a couple of his friends help me load them and then we unloaded the three lambs so they could continue eating the grass until they are grown up and ready to be sold.

My daughter and I took the sheep to the auction and will be returning today to purchase some more lambs to add to the irrigated pasture.

Thursday, 9.10.09

Menu
CM: Salad of romaine w/avocado, bacon, cheddar cheese, sauteed shrimp, & ranch
RM: Salad of romaine w/vinaigrete, rib steak, cucumber, and Death by Chocolate ice cream

Note: Avocado is not listed as a CM food!

Water
100 oz.

Option #1
GTF Chromium

Option #2
Bowflex, 20 Minute Better Body Workout, 2 sets
120# Bench Press
120# Seated Lat Rows
120# Crossover Rear Deltoid Rows
120# Biceps Curl
120# Triceps Pushdown
120# Leg Extension
120# Standing Low Back Extension
150# Seated Abdominal Crunch

Friday, 9.11.09

Menu
CM: Rib steak and green beans w/vinaigrette
RM: Salad of romaine, lemon chicken w/mushrooms over rice, and broccoli

Water
100 oz.

Option #1
GTF Chromium

Option #2
Leslie Sansone, Walk at Home, Walk Slim, Fast & Firm! 4 Really Big Miles w/toning band.
Mile 1: Get Started with a 15 minute mile
Mile 2: Faster pace - a 12 minute mile
Mile 3: BOOSTED walking - a 10 minute mile
Mile 4: Add the firm Band for a big muscle BOOST - 15 minute mile
I completed all 4 miles with the firm band!
  #89   ^
Old Sun, Sep-13-09, 08:44
Registered Member

Plan: low to moderate
Stats: 000/000/149 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi all, I'm new to this thread, I've been tinkering with low carbin again since September, I find I do very well during the day, but when I come home and fix dinner for the kiddies, I tend to have lots of those oops moments....I have two of the Eades books, Cad and Calp....took the test years ago, and was Severe CAd, and took again yesterday, moderate....I feel this is the plan for me, being able to have a sensible dinner with the kids, relieves the guilt feelings of having messed up on my woe....I hope you guys don't mind a new poster, I've read all the previous post, and I feel really motivated, I know this is something I can do for life....I have a long way to go to reach my goal of 140, so I'm going to hunker down for the long haul. My official start is Monday 9/14/09...but I plan on eating on plan starting today. I will post my complete day.....later on tonight.

Carla
  #90   ^
Old Sun, Sep-13-09, 10:03

Plan: Mine, all mine
Stats: 160/120/120 Female 5'6"
BF:still got some
Progress: 100%

teri, you have a ranch? so do those rib eyes come from your ranch? i don't see lamb on your menu....do you not like it?

i would love to raise my own red meat. i am trying to figure out how i can buy grass fed beef this fall. it's been 7 years since i purchased grocery store beef and i am whining about the possibility. the price is great but the big outlay is tough....i am afraid if i order even 1/4 that i will be short on my property taxes..

hopefully, i will be gainfully employed soon.
Closed Thread