Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#31   ^
Old Fri, Aug-28-09, 10:47
Registered Member

Plan: ~ CAD ~
Stats: 276.6/272.0/175 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 5%
Smile

Welcome Back ICAN4HIM computers drive us Nutts dont they? i was wondering where you dissappeared too...
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, Aug-29-09, 07:57
Registered Member

BF:
Unhappy

i just weighed in this morning {274.8} and my scale is UP 1.4 pounds from last Saturday {273.4} you think i should just weigh in Once a Week now? instead of every morning? the whole week... but went down more than up... then all of a sudden this morning............. but im not giving up, because i KNOW this WOE is wonderful for ME... i can just Feel It within myself... AND my waise is 1-1/2 inches smaller now THATS lovely! maybe i AM retaining water... OR it could be the Naproxen that i needed to take yesterday for a Migraine... i guess ill find out next Saturday how it goes this week... Wish Me Luck!
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Aug-29-09, 09:58

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lileee
i just weighed in this morning {274.8} and my scale is UP 1.4 pounds from last Saturday {273.4} you think i should just weigh in Once a Week now? instead of every morning? the whole week... but went down more than up... then all of a sudden this morning............. but im not giving up, because i KNOW this WOE is wonderful for ME... i can just Feel It within myself... AND my waise is 1-1/2 inches smaller now THATS lovely! maybe i AM retaining water... OR it could be the Naproxen that i needed to take yesterday for a Migraine... i guess ill find out next Saturday how it goes this week... Wish Me Luck!

Lileee, do what works best for you. If you have been weighing yourself everyday, average your weight and you will see a loss.

I do not care what the scale says because I do not like to play the fluctuation game. I follow my program to the best of my ability and will be forever thankful that it works so well for me. I am losing weight at a snails pace, but my body is getting smaller. I do not feel as if I am dieting and have accepted that following CALP is the only way I can control my hunger and stay satisfied.

I have found a program that I can follow for the rest of my life without feeling as if I am depriving myself. I eat what I want and feel like a normal person because I am in control and feel satisfied after finishing a meal.

I turned fifty a few months ago and actually feel better than I have in years. I have a spring in my step and feel so much better about myself. I still have a ways to go until I reach my goal, but I have no doubt I will get there eventually.
  #34   ^
Old Sat, Aug-29-09, 10:12

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ican4Him
I'm Back!!!

My computer has been down for 3 weeks now. How aggravating! I finally got the laptop working and now I am waiting for the desktop to get fixed.

In those three weeks I have basically stayed the same. I think without posting and holding myself accountable I probably ate more. I kept to the guidelines but didn't have the salad with my RM and ate more CADish style. I also haven't been drinking much water. I kept up my walking though. I think part of it was I lost the first 20 so quickly that it might have slowed my metabolism. I am going back to drinking and having a salad and I hope to get this ball rolling again.

I have missed everyone, and was surprised to see that a new thread had been started.

Teri - Happy anniversary! I am glad you were able to get away with your hubby. We had our 25th last winter and still haven't gotten away!

Eno - It's great that your daughter is LCing it with you. Best wishes to the happy couple. My son got married in March and I was very thankful that we got to do the groom's side of it and not the brides side. What a lot of stress!

Hello to everyone that has joined since I have been gone. Isn't this a great way of life!!

It's nice to be back!!

Welcome back!

Congratulations to you and your husband for celebrating your 25th wedding anniversary. My husband and I didn't do anything fancy for our 25th or 26th wedding anniversaries because we were dealing with family health issues.

Good luck getting the "ball rolling" again and I look forward to sharing your journey with you!
  #35   ^
Old Sat, Aug-29-09, 10:21

BF:

Cara,

I am really happy you decided to join us. It appears you follow CAD the way it is described in the book. My experience with CAD comes from reading about the experiences of others. I ended up reading the book because of my confusion with the way others were following it.

I introduced my sister to CAD but I forgot to take the book with me. I am sure she will do better once she has the book as a reference because she did really well the week she spent with me.

I would love to hear more about how you work your program and hope you will continue to share your journey with us.
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Aug-29-09, 10:21
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
I have a few minutes to myself. DH has taken future s-i-l out to run errands and have lunch. I thought it was great that he wanted it to be jus the two of them. The groom's family starts coming on next week, so this is the calm before the storm.
DD is doing well not having any sweets, and having my turkey bacon and eggs type breakfast. SHe did have a bagel with it this am- she and her fiance got them yesterday. I am very tempted to have a half for part of RM carb tonight.
Last night I tried a new product (at least new in our market)- a ButterBall boneless turkey breast in a baking bag- sold frozen. You don't have to thaw it out- just put it in the oven frozen and take it out 3 hours later. It was delicious- really moist and tender. I'll make it again- grat for dinner and leftovers too.

today
cm:usual 2 eggs, 2 turkey bacon, cheese, coffee
cm:leftover turkey breast, coleslaw, cucumbers, green tea
rm(planned) salad, burgers, corn, okra, beer, water and lots of leftovers from the fridge.

I think you are all doing great. Listen to Teri- it is not the speed or the amount of the weight, it is the health and the control that really makes a difference. SInce this is a WOL it doesn't matter how long it takes to lose the weight!
After I lost the first 25 pretty fast, I stayed at 150 for months and just thought that was it for me. Then I started to lose again and in the next 5 months or so I lost the other 25 lbs.

I did balance better then- remember I am maintaining !!

Later-

E
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Aug-29-09, 10:33

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lileee
Hi Everyone! Lileee again... ok, so im 49... going to be 50 in February... and im dealing with Peri Menopause right now... {and i DO take Naproxen Sodium and/or Vicodin at times due to Chronic Migraines from the Peri...} do you think it would probably be Normal for me to lose only 1 pound a week on CAD? my first week i lost about 3 1/2 pounds but my second week i think im gonna be stuck at 1 pound... WHICH IS FINE WITH ME... i just wanted to know... Is This The Norm? i AM an Extreme Carb Addict... so losing at all is a True Blessing to me! and i will take even a 1/2 pound a week if thats all i can get... of course i wish it could come off easier... but after being a Lifetime Yo Yo Dieter i think my body has finally Found a Home in CAD Land being 5'7" and starting off at 276... whew! i truly thank god that im learning How To Do It Now!

Lileee,

It is normal to lose weight faster in the beginning of any program you follow. You seem to be doing well so keep up with what you are doing and the weight will take care of itself.

I am also pre-menopausal and TOM is now a surprise visitor every once in awhile. There is nothing I can do about my age accept to make the right choices in getting myself into the best physical and mental shape that I possibly can.

We are here for you!
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Aug-29-09, 10:35

BF:

Eno,

I hope you are enjoying the time you are spending with your family!

Have fun!
  #39   ^
Old Sat, Aug-29-09, 11:05
Registered Member

BF:
Smile

HOPPINN... you have got to be The Sweetest Person Alive! I think its just sooooooo wonderful how you come in here and Touch Everyones Lives ONE BY ONE... you always have something Positive to say to Everyone everyday... i just wanted to jump in here and say Thank You! you deserve ALOT of Great Big Hugs!

Last edited by Lileee : Sat, Aug-29-09 at 14:04.
  #40   ^
Old Sat, Aug-29-09, 11:49

BF:

Hello everyone,

Eno, I just read your post and I hope you enjoy the "calm before the storm". I am very excited for you and your family and hope that this time is memorable to you all. The turkey breast sounds delicious and now that I have heard a positive description about it, I look forward to picking one up.

I have been working on my website and still have several months to catch up with. I am really happy that I have a record of my journey so I can look back and see exactly how I followed it.

Friday, 8.28.09

Menu
CM: 2 cups of black coffee
CM: St. Louis ribs and cucumber
RM: Salad of cabbage w/mayo, St. Louis ribs, green beans w/vinaigrette, and Hershey's w/almonds

Water
80 oz.

Option #1
GTF Chromium

Option #2
Leslie Sansone, Walk at Home, Walk Slim, Fast & Firm! 4 Really Big Miles w/toning band.
Mile 1: Get Started with a 15 minute mile
Mile 2: Faster pace - a 12 minute mile
Mile 3: BOOSTED walking - a 10 minute mile
Mile 4: Add the firm Band for a big muscle BOOST - 15 minute mile
I completed all 4 miles with the firm band!
  #41   ^
Old Sat, Aug-29-09, 12:10

BF:

Lileee,

Thank you for your kind words, you really made my day! I really want the best for everyone, and having a positive state of mind really helps.
  #42   ^
Old Sun, Aug-30-09, 02:53

Plan: Atkins now CAD
Stats: 224/195.8/160 Female 170
BF:
Progress: 44%

Morning guys

Week two results are in...... 2.3 pounds down on average weight. YAY!!!! I am actually down more in actual weight but I want to stick with averaging.

Have a great Sunday and LC day xx
  #43   ^
Old Sun, Aug-30-09, 09:17

Plan: Mine, all mine
Stats: 160/120/120 Female 5'6"
BF:still got some
Progress: 100%

hi everyone, just been lurking lately.
zarabelle, you're doing great!!

i am nursing a tummy ache so no rm for me. just chicken and broth, buttermilk (homemade) and we'll see how a burger feels for tonight, plain, of course.
have really only eaten sandwiches but maybe too much. i had corn tortillas once. tried some hummus but recognised that mistake right away.
my gut is just really carb sensitive.

also summer can be hard w all the great produce around. i could just eat huge salads if my body would permit....but would feel like crap...litterally!!
  #44   ^
Old Sun, Aug-30-09, 09:30
Registered Member

BF:
Smile

Good Morning Everyone ZARABELLE! Yippeee! Congrats! does anyone use a GRAPH to keep track of your weight everyday? or week? i have been using SKINNYR.COM and its pretty cool... and FREE... anyone else have a good site for a Graph?
  #45   ^
Old Sun, Aug-30-09, 10:39

Plan: Atkins now CAD
Stats: 224/195.8/160 Female 170
BF:
Progress: 44%

I hope you feel better soon Jem x

Lileee, I use fitday PC and it plots all my weights on a graph. It's pretty cool. I have set a weight goal so I have a red line showing me whether I am on target, above or below where I should be in order to reach my goal.
Closed Thread