Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#16   ^
Old Tue, Aug-25-09, 08:50

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hey everyone. Dropping in to post to the new thread. will be finishing up week three and down 6 pounds, but its water from my trip down fat free lane for that first week in august. My clothes are fitting much better. Also the biggest factor is I am finally not starving. I eat my cm at 11:30am and then have my RM around 7:30pm I like eating late as the full tummy helps me sleep. My Rms are still rather large, and I think this is do to the fact that I am scared of getting hungry and want to do the mid night raid thing, but I am slowly cutting back and trying not to go back for seconds. Also eating much slower instead of the poor starving child trying to get it all in before the hour is up. So it is a work in progress, and of course the main thing is I have stuck with it.

My goal for weight loss has really settled down and instead of wanting it yesterday will be happy with a 1/2 to a 1lb loss a week. This will put me back to or close to were my weight is listed at the top and back into my clothes comfortably.

Lileee I do cad (always have) I eat what I want at my rm without worrying about balancing. Maybe have a bowl for your desert. I have been reading this cad/calp forum way before I signed up and one thing that I have learned is everyone finds what works for them. some balance some don't.

Eno congrats on your dd wedding. I send best wishes to her and your family on this wonderful occasion.

jem51 I eat reg bacon maybe 4 days a week and don't have any side affects. but with that said I am getting ready to switch to the turkey bacon to cut down on the calories. I have really been going big on the fat to cut the cravings, and to stay full until my system balanced out or normalized.

Have a great day everyone. Need to get some work done.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Aug-25-09, 10:45

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

Hello everyone,

I just returned from a weekend at the coast. My husband and I just celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary on Friday by going to Fort Bragg. We didn't get home until last night and we had a wonderful time.

My food choices were right on plan and I continue to be thankful that I found CALP. My program is so easy that I never have any questions about what I am going to eat. I know that I must choose a protein and veggie for my CM and salads w/meat on them seem to work out really well as long as there is enough protein on them. Dinner or RM always seem to be easy for me because I know what I must eat in order to keep my meals balanced.

I really love the feeling of complete control I have while following CALP. I was a carb junkie with sweets causing me to want more. I now realize that it was the carbs causing me to want more but I refer to them as sweets because that was what was always on my mind. It is amazing how controlling myself and following the program allows me to feel so powerful!

I will not post my whole weekend of food choices here but I have posted them on my website.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Aug-25-09, 11:45

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:

Teri congrats on your wedding anniversary, and of course staying on plan.

What I like most about it is I can eat out. There was nothing worse then going out to dinner and cant have this or that, such a bummer. Now I only need to make sure that I get my dessert with my meal. and yes getting that dessert is a big deal for me, always have and always will be one. And the fact that I can cook a real meal for dinner and not have to cook seperatly for me.

I dont need to explain my eating habits to anyone, because I am eating what everyone else is having (nice).

I think one of the reasons I always strayed of plan is the (if its to good to be true then it cant work) syndrome and of course the one slip up and then the (I blew it and chuck it out the window) syndrome. Well Im older, wiser and way to tired of tying every new diet that comes out. So will continue to do what am doing.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Aug-25-09, 11:59
Registered Member

Plan: ~ CAD ~
Stats: 276.6/272.0/175 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 5%
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnmom
Lileee I do cad (always have) I eat what I want at my rm without worrying about balancing. Maybe have a bowl for your desert. I have been reading this cad/calp forum way before I signed up and one thing that I have learned is everyone finds what works for them. some balance some don't.

Thanks For The Advice! i never thought of it that way... Cereal for Dessert?
i really COULD have a bowl for Dessert... yummmmm... Good Idea!
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Aug-25-09, 12:02

Plan: Mine, all mine
Stats: 160/120/120 Female 5'6"
BF:still got some
Progress: 100%

teri, congratulations. so glad you had a nice time. sounds wonderful.
yes, it's a great plan.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Aug-25-09, 17:00
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
Lilee, I go through spurts where my RM carb is a bowl of cereal! My 4 favs are grapenuts, oatmeal,bran or shredded wheat. I make the steel cut oatmeal- I love it. I have it with h&h and dried cherries. We have so much great fruit right now I'm happy with that. I have found that if I am in a hungry phase the cereal for RM carb really fills me up. I do CALP so that means I have salad/protein/veggie and then the cereal!

Happy Anniversary Teri!

Today
cm:2 eggs, 2 turkey bacon, cheese, coffee
cm:chicken, celery, water
rm:salad, seaweed salad, chicken, 4 pita chips, 1 peach, green tea. (DH added on LOTS of rice and a glass of wine.)

I'd love DD to do this WOL- but she will have to figure it out. I am going to pick them up at the airport and go to the market so we can get anything they want.

E
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Aug-26-09, 09:19

BF:

Hello everyone,

Thank you!

Eno, I bet it is an exciting time for you and your family. Best wishes to you all!

Cheryl, it is really nice to be able to follow the program and allow the weight to take care of itself instead of focusing on every single pound.

My kids are lucky because they did not inherit my carbohydrate addiction. I feel very lucky that I am aware of my addiction and now have it under control.

Tuesday, 8.25.09

Menu
CM: 2 cups of black coffee
CM: Rib steak and green beans w/bacon & onions
RM: Salad of romaine w/vinaigrette, cashew chicken over rice, and cucumber

Water
80 oz.

Option #1
GTF Chromium

Option #2
Bowflex, 20 Minute Better Body Workout, 2 sets
120# Bench Press
120# Seated Lat Rows
120# Crossover Rear Deltoid Rows
120# Biceps Curl
120# Triceps Pushdown
120# Leg Extension
120# Standing Low Back Extension
150# Seated Abdominal Crunch
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Aug-27-09, 04:10
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
the 'kids' came in yesterday and I didn't have time to post. They requested Mexican- so I made salad, guacamole, small quesadillas, taco meat, black beans and rice, cherries and margaritas. I had everything but the rice.

Today the RM plan is salad, talapia, spinach, and grilled peaches.

E
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Aug-27-09, 08:56

Plan: Atkins now CAD
Stats: 224/195.8/160 Female 170
BF:
Progress: 44%

Hi Guys

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello.

All going well on CAD. I am totally in control of what I eat and rarely have a craving. What I like is that if I do crave something, I can have it at my RM which is never far away.

It's been great eating with the family instead of cooking something separate for me like I used to on Atkins.

Hubby is no longer on CAD although he is following the basic principals. He is too impatient and expects super fast results. He has never dieted before so is unsure about what to expect.

I lost four pounds in my first week so am very happy with that.

Have a great day xx
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Aug-27-09, 12:09

Plan: CAD & LC
Stats: 203/182/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 49%

Zarabelle,
I promise you that if you don't already, you're really going to not only love this WOE but you'll see how easy it is to lose the weight. When I first started the diet back in '96, I couldn't wait for my RM just to eat the goodies but now I can really take them or leave them. There just isn't that craving for them and I do think it's because I know I can have them. I feel kind of like a smart alec sitting here at work eating my lunch the past few days. I went to our local Jimmy Johns. I just love their sandwiches but instead of having it on their bun, they wrapped it in lettuce. So, here I am just filling my face with this awesome "sandwich" for the past 4 days and losing weight too. Then, of course, theres the RM and it does make it especially nice to be able to eat just like everyone else for that
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Aug-27-09, 14:01
Registered Member

BF:
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarabelle
All going well on CAD. I am totally in control of what I eat and rarely have a craving. What I like is that if I do crave something, I can have it at my RM which is never far away.

It's been great eating with the family instead of cooking something separate for me like I used to on Atkins.

I lost four pounds in my first week so am very happy with that.

Hi Zarabelle! dontcha just Love It! i feel the same way! i cant wait for my RM... its so much fun to be able to Eat With My Family! AND i can have Dessert too if i want it! this really has been the easiest thing i have EVER done in my Whole Entire Life! im totally amazed! i went thru 20 - 25 years of trying every diet and gym and all i needed was to find out Im a Carbohydrate Addict and start eating the CAD way... Oooooooh My Gosh! im totally amazed! - - - - and CAD4life - - - that Sandwich sounds like such a Good Idea! next time we go to Claim Jumpers im gonna ask if they can make my Favorite Cobb Sandwich on Lettuce! that was the only thing i EVER ordered from there... it just became a favorite... then i just stopped eating out because i couldnt lose... but NOW... i CAN go out to eat again AND stay Legal on CAD... im now Living The Good Life!
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Aug-27-09, 16:53

BF:

Hello everyone,

It is so nice to read the enthusiasm of others regarding this program. I am still enthusiastic and can not believe how much better I feel now that I know how to deal with my carbohydrate addiction. I sincerely hope you all continue to share your journeys with us because it is easier when we have others to do it with.

Tuesday, 8.25.09

Menu
CM: 2 cups of black coffee
CM: Rib steak and cucumber
RM: (Restaurant) Salad w/cheese, & thousand, chile verde chimichanga w/lettuce, guacamole, & sour cream on a fried flour tortilla

Water
80 oz.

Option #1
GTF Chromium

Option #2
Leslie Sansone Walk at Home, Walk Away Your Waistline!
3 Mile Walk with 1, 2 & 3 Mile Markers Featuring the Walk Belt!
Mile 1: 15 minutes
Mile 2: 15 minutes
Mile 3: 15 minutes
I completed all 3 miles w/the walk belt!
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Aug-28-09, 04:33
Registered Member

BF:
Smile

Hi Everyone! Lileee again... ok, so im 49... going to be 50 in February... and im dealing with Peri Menopause right now... {and i DO take Naproxen Sodium and/or Vicodin at times due to Chronic Migraines from the Peri...} do you think it would probably be Normal for me to lose only 1 pound a week on CAD? my first week i lost about 3 1/2 pounds but my second week i think im gonna be stuck at 1 pound... WHICH IS FINE WITH ME... i just wanted to know... Is This The Norm? i AM an Extreme Carb Addict... so losing at all is a True Blessing to me! and i will take even a 1/2 pound a week if thats all i can get... of course i wish it could come off easier... but after being a Lifetime Yo Yo Dieter i think my body has finally Found a Home in CAD Land being 5'7" and starting off at 276... whew! i truly thank god that im learning How To Do It Now!
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Aug-28-09, 07:22

Plan: CAD & LC
Stats: 203/182/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 49%

Lileee,
You usually lose the most weight on any diet during the first week. Refer back to your CAD book where it says if you're following plan A, B, C, or D and you've lost 1/2 to 2 lbs. and you want to lose more, then follow plan D. I'm just going off the top of my head so I'm not sure what it really says but that should help you. Each week you can decide if you want to lose more, lose less or maintain. Just remember I personally believe in weighing myself daily but the scale isn't the only gauge to use. Sometimes you're not losing weight but you're losing inches. When I first started this WOE this time I not only ate breakfast and lunch but I forgot I shouldn't snack in between. Now I've cut out breakfast and just do lunch and my RM. I still have one more day to weigh myself before I can do my averages but it looks like I'll only be down a pound too so for the next week I'm going to add the salad with my RM. I did do better when I was eating a salad for lunch
Cara
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Aug-28-09, 09:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 289/274/150 Female 5'2"
BF:It sure is!!

I'm Back!!!

My computer has been down for 3 weeks now. How aggravating! I finally got the laptop working and now I am waiting for the desktop to get fixed.

In those three weeks I have basically stayed the same. I think without posting and holding myself accountable I probably ate more. I kept to the guidelines but didn't have the salad with my RM and ate more CADish style. I also haven't been drinking much water. I kept up my walking though. I think part of it was I lost the first 20 so quickly that it might have slowed my metabolism. I am going back to drinking and having a salad and I hope to get this ball rolling again.

I have missed everyone, and was surprised to see that a new thread had been started.

Teri - Happy anniversary! I am glad you were able to get away with your hubby. We had our 25th last winter and still haven't gotten away!

Eno - It's great that your daughter is LCing it with you. Best wishes to the happy couple. My son got married in March and I was very thankful that we got to do the groom's side of it and not the brides side. What a lot of stress!

Hello to everyone that has joined since I have been gone. Isn't this a great way of life!!

It's nice to be back!!
Closed Thread