Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-20-09, 14:23
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%
Default Hour Power #3: CAD/CALP Hangout

Hi!!!
This is for people on CAD, CALP, OR CAHHP plans. It is a place for us to talk about ANYTHING!!!!
E
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-20-09, 14:32
Registered Member

Plan: ~ CAD ~
Stats: 276.6/272.0/175 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 5%
Smile

Just Marking My Spot
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-20-09, 17:05

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

Hello everyone,

I have to redo a load of laundry so I am not a happy camper. My daughter uses a grease pencil at work and her scrub top had a small piece of pencil in it and ruined the whole load of permanent press. The good news is that my Oxyclean is working wonders and I should be able to get it all out.

I had some items that I needed to drop off at the thrift store so I headed to town. I ended up going into three thrift stores but I was unable to find a CAD or CALP book. I am looking for a CAD book for my sister and either a CAD or CALP book for a friend of mine. The funny thing is that the friend that I want to give the book to was at one of the thrift stores.

I stopped at the store on my way home because I was out of pork chops and chocolate. I have no idea what I am having for dinner tonight but I do know that my carb will be chocolate.

Wednesday, 8.19.09

Menu
CM: 2 cups of black coffee
CM: Rib steak and green beans w/vinaigrette
RM: Salad of romaine w/bacon, cheddar cheese, sauteed shrimp, & ranch, and a bagel w/cream cheese

Water
80 oz.

Option #1
GTF Chromium

Option #2
Leslie Sansone Walk at Home, Walk Away Your Waistline!
3 Mile Walk with 1, 2 & 3 Mile Markers Featuring the Walk Belt!
Mile 1: 15 minutes
Mile 2: 15 minutes
Mile 3: 15 minutes
I completed all 3 miles w/the walk belt!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-20-09, 18:11

Plan: Mine, all mine
Stats: 160/120/120 Female 5'6"
BF:still got some
Progress: 100%

did we lose some posts in the transition?

anyway...this morning i made the 80 mile schlep to costco and trader joes. mainly needed pet products but got some wine and cheese. then decided to buy some eggplant hummus since it fits right into rm.
i really didn't eat much throughout the day so when i got home, it seemed a little late for just a snack do went straight for the rm...i was starving;
wine
a carrot and some hummus
salad
bbq thigh and wing.

8 min remaining and i am full. i'm getting good, i tell ya!

probably will need a little cm snack tonight.

i learn so much by just seeing your menues.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-21-09, 10:08
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
I love that this is our 3rd thread! I LOVE this WOL!

Yesterday I had my usual breakfast cm, and went out for Indian- the people I was with picked an Indian buffet. I checked it all out and was thrilled to get okra and tandori chicken- one plate. No naan, no rice.
Dinner was beef brisket, salad, slaw, water, peach.

today
cm:2 eggs, 2 turkey bacon, coffee
cm:leftover steak and salad, green tea
rm (planned) salad, leftover steak, chili, slaw, water

My DS is coming tonight after dinner. We arae going to cook in tomorrow- she wants to make shrimp. My carb will be a mojito!

It is HOT. I walked at 7am- I am headed to the gym in a few minutes.
keep cool!
E
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Aug-22-09, 07:15
Registered Member

BF:
Smile

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!! im down 3.2 pounds in One Week??? can this really be true? i came from Atkins and i had done their 2 week Induction and gone thru the Induction Flu AND the Water Loss... so could THIS just really be Weight i just lost?
{{{ im on CAD }}} i mean this Truly IS the Easiest thing i have EVER done in my Whole Entire Life!!!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Aug-22-09, 09:32

question for you bacon/ham eaters; i notice that the food list says watch out for sugar in these items. well, really, there're very few brands that don't have some. so, do you just not worry about it if you eat only a small amt? or do you just save it for rm?
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Aug-22-09, 11:19
Registered Member

BF:
Smile

Hi JEM as for ME... im really NEW... but i have been eating either Regular Bacon or Turkey Ham with my Eggs in the mornings... and i lost 3.2 this week... i hope some veterans jump in here...
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Aug-22-09, 15:37
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
Lilee!!!!!! WTG!!!!!

I eat turkey bacon every morning as part of my cm- it is the brand they sell at costco with the 'SOUTH BEACH DIET' sticker on the package. It has not affected me with either the salt/sugar/chemicals.
That said, I don't eat honey turkey products or sausage products with a honey/maple/apple/blueberry word in the label. I go through periods where I eat hot dogs, or chicken sausage for cm and just try and pick ones that have much less or no sugar. If I buy deli meats it is roast beef or turkey breast- just plain. I don't eat pork so I skip the ham. I also look at mayo and tuna and such. FOr mayo I use regular Dukes- no sugar or HFCS. I now buy tuna in olive oil only- no stuff in the water or broth. HTH---

today
cm: 2 eggs, 2 turkey bacon, cheese, coffee
cm: leftover steak, salad, green tea
rm: [planned]:shrimp, cilantro salad, rice, margarita, radishes, fruit?
I will skip the rice- just not interested. I am going to have a margarita!

Tomorrow I am having 4 people for dinner. I will make salad, chicken, rice, spinach and someone will bring wine and dessert.

hope you are having a great day.
Lilee- there are some very interesting threads in the LC War Zone and the research area about carb cycling and upping carbs to lose. You might look at those. I never did atkins so I can't comment. I did gain weight and feel awful on low fat/high carb- plus it was less calories. I eat MUCH more now!

Later-
E
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Aug-22-09, 18:34
Registered Member

BF:
Question

Carb Cycling??? where would i find that??? im looking.........
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Aug-23-09, 18:49

i went overtime today.
i came home so hungry and had a hunk of cheese. then drove to the dump w a big load of rotten lumber.
decided to go ahead and eat when i got home so had a glass of wine, then ate a ceasar while the meat for my zucch noodles was cooking.
so by the time all was consumed, i was over by 15 min.

not such a big deal. and really my rm was lc since the marinara was made w red bell peppers instead of tomatoes. and i just love zucchini noodles...no need for the regular variety.

i guess that's why my CAD/CALP is combined w lc; sometimes there is just no carb i want. i mean there's no need for me to eat rice/potatoes/pasta. it's just not something i miss; the alternatives are so much better.

hope you're all enjoying the week end.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Aug-24-09, 09:21
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
dinner last night went well. The dessert was icecream with strawberries and chocolate syrup- and I sent it all home with my friends. I don't need it here right now.
I am at 128 the last few days- so I am not changing my stats yet. Maybe my body is getting adjusted to the new medication dosage.

okay- my DD is getting married in 13 days!!!!!!!!!! The reception is here at my house- so it is a bit crazy. I am so excited. SHe just called and wants LC food from when she comes home on Wednesday until the wedding- YAY!!! I think she has been watching me! Her dress is very form fitting and she does not want to gain. ANyway- just wanted you all to know.

today
cm:2 eggs, 2 turkey bacon, cheese, coffee
cm(planned) leftover chicken, salad, green tea
rm(planned) salad, leftover chili, steak, spinach, water, peach

yes- leftover city!

E
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Aug-24-09, 13:06
Registered Member

BF:
Smile

awwwwwww... thats the sweetest thing Ever! DD wanting to eat LC till her Wedding Day...! your a super good role model ENO! maybe she will become attached to our way of eating and keep her figure just like it is Today wouldnt that be great!
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Aug-24-09, 14:15
Registered Member

BF:
Question

can anyone who does CAD tell me if it would be a bad thing if i was to have Cold Cereal & Whole Milk for my RM? i reeeeeeeally miss cold cereal and i thought Why Not something like a Bowl of Fruit Loops or Lucky Charms... since we can have whatever we want for our RM... do you thin i would be ok with a Bowl Of Cereal? not a Giant Salad Bowl size bowl or anything just a regular ol bowl of cereal...

Last edited by Lileee : Mon, Aug-24-09 at 15:55.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Aug-24-09, 19:22

the question is; are you having salad w it? i only ask because i wonder if a bowl of cereal would be enough to satisfy you.
also w/o any protein to slow down the speed of the glucose reaching your blood stream there may be a problem....surge, crash, crave!!
i think w CAD it is up to you. if it works for you then why not?
i also wonder if there might be a better variety than the ones you listed. they really have an overdose of sugar.
Closed Thread