Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 11:05

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Smile Challenge Week 7

WOW! Seven weeks of challenging myself to keep to a LC plan. I haven't always done it, but I've been on plan more than off. Welcome to everyone.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 13:40
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 191/186/170
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default check in

Wow, 7 weeks! That's great! How long did it take you to lose 20 pounds?

I feel like I'm going to have to struggle to lose the wieght now. Maybe I need to cut down on the sweets in my reward meal. Today I had a HUGE donut thing. Ah well...I also had a big salad, and yogurt and granola. It's just...I think I could have done without the donut.

We'll see what my weight is tomorrow.

Rain
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 13:54

BF:
Default The first 20 pounds

Rain, it didn't take anytime at all to lose the first 20 pounds. Maybe 3 months was all. But that was, 1999 - I think. Then ups and downs. This is the first time since then that I've stuck to actually trying to get the weight off. I haven't been faithful to CALP, or Atkins. I thought I was doing ok just today, then realized I ate some milk and flour, the breading on the chicken. So, I've got excema on my eyelid and massive itching!

Dh just got an email that he needs to fly to Fresno for a job interview! I'm so excited!! The job will start in June instead of October. BUT I'd almot bet it starts the first of May - office work first for familiarization. Who wants to come help pack?
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 16:39
Registered Member

BF:
Default hungry!

Today I had breakfast just fine, and then I had my usual reward meal lunch...and then at about 2:30 I was so hungry that I decided to eat some salami. And now, 3:30, I'm eating yogurt and pudding! This is 3 hours after my very filling reward meal! With the big donut! Maybe it's the donut that cause me to do this?

Any comments? Why am I so hungry today? For the first 3 weeks of this plan I had no problems! In fact, I thought - why would I ever go off this diet? It's too easy! Now this week is a struggle (but, hey, it's only Monday)!

Maybe someone would like to make a pact with me to stay on the plan for the rest of the week no matter what!?

Rain
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 20:44

BF:
Post Cravings

Rain,
Some people have found that they have to have their reward meal the last meal of the day. I can't do anything with sugar or flour in it. I can do vegetables for carbs or I don't lose weight. Keep close track of your food and how you react to it, you'll see the patterns.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 22:28

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default Hungry?

Lets see..... the only times I have been hungry were....

1. When I was actually thirsty. Drink some more water!

2. When I skipped a meal..... or two in a row. Shame on me. I know better. Don't do that.

3. TOM... well..... just try to drink some more water.

I haven't had yogurt, donuts, or granola since the 22nd of January. That is when I restarted CALP. I love all of those things and tell myself I can have them whenever I really want them.... but so far I haven't really craved them. Right now I am limiting fruit quite a bit. I love fruit. Sometimes I have a LITTLE bit in my Reward Meal. I don't miss it actually. hmmmm.... I don't think I miss anything any more.

I am finding that I have to be careful with how much cheese or cottage cheese I eat. It seems to slow my weigh loss down.

Today I tried the DIET V8 Splash. 3g Carbs. It was so sickening sweet that it made me screw up my face. eeewww. and once upon a time I loved that stuff. (There is a great discussion on the V8 Splash somewhere here in the website)

Keep your spirits up and your thoughts on your asparagus!! LOL

Libby
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 10:13
Registered Member

BF:
Default sweets and flour and TOM

Yes, Spider, I think maybe I will have to give up sugar and white flour...or at least I'll start with the sugar. Maybe I'll try just limiting it to once in a while, not every day. Special occasions!

I'll do that and see what happens.

Also, I think you are right Libby, this is the second half of my TOM cycle, and I haven't really tracked my reactions to that much, but maybe I'm just hungrier during this second half. Or maybe I react differently to the sugar this time of month! I had no problem with it at all during the past two weeks. I'll have to keep track and see.

Thanks for your comments everyone!

Rain
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 10:51
Registered Member

BF:
Default carbs in vegetables

Well, I'm confused. Did someone on this list say that the Comp Meals should contain no more that 4 carbs total?

I went to that fitday.com website, and apparently 1/2 c. of fresh spinach has 6 carbs! Can that be? It is an allowable vegi on the CALP diet, isn't it? Now I need to go back and look at that list. Oh yeah...and 2 eggs - 3 carbs! With Spinach and eggs for breakfast, I've eaten 9 Carbs!

Rain
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 11:03
Registered Member

BF:
Default oops

OK, My bad! I was looking at creamed spinach. Still - 3 grams - nearly 4(!) for 1/2 c of raw spinach.

Rain
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 11:23

Plan: Zone
Stats: 165/163/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Smile I think....

I think it's that FOODS at your CM can only have 4g/carbs or less, not the total number of carbs. That's how I always interpreted it before, but of course I don't have my book with me.......

Today is not shaping up to be good. TOM is tomorrow (seems like a bunch of us are on the same cycle?) and I was up all night last night with a c-section dog (4/5 pups were alive-yay!). Those combinations make me weak about food.

Oh well, I had a veggie sub for lunch (like a salad with bread). Guess I'll have to try and be good for dinner. I keep telling myself that each meal is an opportunity to get back on track....

-animaldoc
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 14:50

BF:
Thumbs up Craving Reducing Meals

CALP page 117.....

"At all meals and snacks, other than at your Reward Meal, eat Craving-Reducing foods only . You will find a complete list on pages 120-21. In General, Craving- Reducing foods include high-fiber vegetables and protein-rich foods. Craving-Reducing Meals and Snacks should be well balanced and should include both high-fiber and protein-rich choices. The amount you eat is not critical as long as you include both protein and high-fiber vegetables at any Craving-Reducing Meal or Snack."

CALP page 120.....
This page shows the Craving-Reducing Foods List. At the bottom of the page the Heller's do make note of acceptable "vegetarian meat alternatives that contain 4grams of carbs or less per average serving".

For me cottage cheese is one of those borderline foods. It is even highlighted in the Craving-Reducing Foods List as one to be careful of. Usually the cottage cheese I buy has 5 grams of carbs per serving..... so I have to watch when I eat that one.

Doc..... what kind of c-cection pups? I am so lucky that in my breed we do not usually have that problem.... whew!

have a great day!!
Libby
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 16:43

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Check in

OK I'm doing well.

BR: 1 coffee (was too busy to go get my strawberries)

L: Home made cabbage soup

D: Cabbage roll, mashed potatoes and a treat tonight... Ice cream cone.

Yesterdays meals (I think I forgot to put them in)

Br: 7-8 strawberries
L: Home made cabbage soup
D: Home made poutine, 1 piece of bread with chicken salad on top and 2 pices of greek bread with tatziki.

I think my cabbage soup is helping me "GO" if y'all know what I mean. It feels so great to be regular.

Anyhoo, doing great, clothes getting looser by the day and I'm UNDER 180 BABY!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 19:44

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 181/173.5/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 16%

Hey everybody!! Glad to see everyone still doing great. I glad to report that I finally broke 155. The scale reads 154. I haven't been exercising like I usually do, so that's probably why the weight is coming off so slowly.

I plan to hop back on the exercise bandwagon on Thursday. I'll be back to give you a report.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 22:09

BF:
Default Check in

So, tom is due for us all. Mine is due any minute, but I suggested to dh that perhaps I should postpone it for our flight to Fresno. Why does it happen this way?
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 09:25

BF:
Talking Good Morning

It is so beautiful this morning...... an overcast 72 degrees.....and my garden is looking good.

I am still sitting at 159. Oh well, good things come to those who wait.

Ya'll are doing such a good job. What's in the Cabbage soup? Is it a good low carb thang? Last night I made onion burgers. They were so good and SO very easy......and low carb.
One can of Campbells French Onion Soup mix.....and follow the directions on back. LOL.

Must run....
have a great day!
Libby