Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Mon, Aug-03-09, 19:10

Plan: ZC Warrior | +40K Paleo
Stats: 200/180/180 Male 180cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

My wife has had 2 paleo pregnancies. I think she would suggest paleo is much better than eating 'whatever'.

If you can't keep anything down, that is a different issue
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Wed, Aug-05-09, 00:15

Plan: Seven Deadly Sins (Paleo)
Stats: 155/110/110 Female 166cm
BF:

With the second pregnancy I was more strict than with the first. I had a lot less morning sickness, but that could just be attributed to 'all pregnancies are different'.

In any case I still think Paleo is best, even though it sometimes it gets hard with cravings... As I had been more strict before and during my 2nd pregnancy, it was a lot better to deal with.

I think my body did thank me for it after though, as I was much better with recovery (i.e. getting back to pre-pregnancy weight) being a lot quicker 2nd time 'round, with the exception of the c-section scar (as I had a breech baby 2nd time that refused to progress in labour).
  #93   ^
Old Wed, Aug-05-09, 00:27

Plan: Seven Deadly Sins (Paleo)
Stats: 155/110/110 Female 166cm
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmikee
After my wife had Hyperemisis with all three pregnancies, I suggest you eat whatever you can, and don't worry about it!

If you have Hyperemesis gravidarum, then I'd suggest that too. If you have a pregnancy where you can keep some stuff down, I'd suggest sticking to paleo as best you can.

Most of all, I suggest not stressing out about it and listen to your body and then try and be sensible about it. Stress is one of the worst things you can do while pregnant.
  #94   ^
Old Wed, Aug-05-09, 17:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/127/120 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 87%

It's pretty hillarious because I'm having the same lack of "morning" sickness & have no idea what to chalk it up to I'd like to think it's my diet, but seriously - last preggo was miserable!
  #95   ^
Old Thu, Aug-06-09, 08:46
Registered Member

Plan: LC Paleo-ish
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 68
BF:UGH
Progress:

Tarlach & Lovely Wife - I'd love if you could post more menu examples...you guys seem really "true" to the lifestyle. I can only hope at some point I can be that dedicated. (If I can give up the damn butter!!! LOL)
  #96   ^
Old Thu, Aug-06-09, 19:46

Plan: ZC Warrior | +40K Paleo
Stats: 200/180/180 Male 180cm
BF:

Just throw the butter out and use lard

I'm in the office all day. I get a 'packed lunch' - a small bag of mixed nuts and maybe a small tin of tuna or some dried meat, which I eat sometime between 10am and 3pm.
I might have snacks when I get home, but mostly it's just dinner.

Some pretty average dinners are

• BBQ pork belly (nothing else)
• T-bone steaks (nothing else)
• Seafood - ie. prawns, garlic, fish (fried in lard with almond meal), octopus, spring onion, squid, pepper.
• Roast pork, broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, pumpkin (= dinner with the parents)
• Salmon and 100% beef sausages.
  #97   ^
Old Fri, Aug-07-09, 09:21
Registered Member

Plan: LC Paleo-ish
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 68
BF:UGH
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlach
Just throw the butter out and use lard

I'm trying to get my head around the lard thing....I think this weekend I'm going to try and make my own . I made my own mayo last weekend and it was amazingly good.

((Baby steps, baby steps))
  #98   ^
Old Sat, Aug-08-09, 01:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/127/120 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 87%

Make it easy on yourself & just fry up some bacon! Mmmm... bacon fat... rawrrrr!
  #99   ^
Old Sat, Aug-08-09, 02:48

Plan: hunter-gatherer
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 5'6"
BF:breast feeding! ;)
Progress: 0%

I had mussels for the first time yesterday, with shallots and garlic--- they were so good! I used to be pretty squeamish about seafood and shellfish, but since eating this way I have felt more adventurous about eating the animal kingdom
  #100   ^
Old Thu, Aug-20-09, 02:00

Plan: IF
Stats: 350/235/150 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:generous
Progress: 57%

Snack: A handful of macadamia nuts. I am probably going to have to give these up because they aren't really paleo, but for now, I am keeping them.
Dinner: slow cooked Silverside (no brine), asparagus tips dressed in goosefat. I did have some horseradish with the beef, and while I am just trying to use up the stuff we have, I wonder if I could get it fresh or with the right ingredients if it would be paleo. What about mustard? Pepper? I shall start a new thread.
Snack 2: A handful of cherries.

All this was consumed within 4 hours meaning I made the first day of IFing ok. I always have problems the first few days IFing.
  #101   ^
Old Thu, Aug-20-09, 08:00

Plan: Paleoish
Stats: 166/163/138 Female 5 feet 7.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 11%

Can you tell me where to find the IF thread? I've forgotten where it is and I'm growing more curious about this method again.
thanks!!!!
  #102   ^
Old Fri, Aug-21-09, 09:43

Plan: Weston A. Price, GFCF
Stats: 165/133/132 Male 5' 5"
BF:?/12.7%/?
Progress: 97%

#103   ^
Old Fri, Aug-21-09, 11:41

Plan: VLC
Stats: 295/220/160 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestrange
I had mussels for the first time yesterday, with shallots and garlic--- they were so good! I used to be pretty squeamish about seafood and shellfish, but since eating this way I have felt more adventurous about eating the animal kingdom

Mussels are great, but they're certainly the most "alien" looking of the regular shellfish choices; if you enjoyed them, you should be ready for any of the rest. I've never tried many of the UK shellfish specialties like cockles, whelks and winkles (though we do have the latter here as periwinkles - I think they're the same, or close.) Have you tried raw oysters yet? I suppose they're probably a notch above cooked mussels on the psychometer, given they're raw - but they're my hands down favourite.
  #104   ^
Old Fri, Aug-21-09, 11:52

Plan: VLC
Stats: 295/220/160 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmikee

Speaking of which - Whatever happened to the fellow who used to post here, and said he was converting to Islam as he felt that it was the most consistent with a "paleo" diet? Nancy may remember him, I'll have to dig around to see if I can find the post where he explained his reasoning. It's a big move, given your'e obliged to be put to death if you change your mind afterwards, I wonder if he stuck with it.

Post: It was Hunterman This was the thread; and to be fair I misquoted him somewhat, he claimed that he was converting because: "I've decided to embrace Islam for I feel that is genuine message is the best way for human to live by and to achieve the highest levels of moral perfection. So with that I must continue my learning elsewhere, I bid you all a found farewell and leave you in peace, salam."

Last edited by frankly : Fri, Aug-21-09 at 11:57.
  #105   ^
Old Fri, Aug-21-09, 12:14
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Speaking of which - Whatever happened to the fellow who used to post here, and said he was converting to Islam as he felt that it was the most consistent with a "paleo" diet? Nancy may remember him, I'll have to dig around to see if I can find the post where he explained his reasoning. It's a big move, given your'e obliged to be put to death if you change your mind afterwards, I wonder if he stuck with it.
I doubt anyone in Western countries gets put to death for converting even from Islam.

I tend to tune out the really fringy people that make really strange claims and jumping onto really bizarre things. Like we had this Hudda Clark fan for awhile...

I don't have any memory of Hunterman and my response to his posting is a mystery to me now.

The crazy ones always post novellas.

Last edited by Nancy LC : Fri, Aug-21-09 at 12:21.