Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Mon, Apr-20-09, 17:38

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deirdra
Did you actually add the nutmeg? How'd it taste? I'm thinking mace or caraway would be more breadlike.

I actually added mace. Tastes good to me.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Mon, Apr-20-09, 17:44

BF:

My blood sugar numbers continue to be exceptionally low. I was telling a girlfriend about it last night, and she absolutely *insisted* that it was probably only because I have lost weight in general, and nothing to do with the diet.

Of course she just glossed over the fact that I had lost 60 pounds on half-hearted LC and seen a bit of a drop, but not a whole lot. So then I got stringent on LC and dropped 20 more pounds, and saw quite a bit more of a drop, but still not normal numbers.

And then I started this plan, have only lost *3* pounds on it (compared to the previous 80) and yet my blood sugar has PLUMMETED, I mean dropped like a rock. I have to keep an eye on this as it seems too good to be true. I'll have to try to check my blood pressure better too, but have lost the home BP machine that I really liked.
  #78   ^
Old Mon, Apr-20-09, 17:49
Registered Member

Plan: Kwasniewski Ratios
Stats: 225/158/145 Female 65
BF:53%/24%/20%
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellistile
pickled herrings

Oh, Lord - pickled haaring. I love that stuff - could eat an entire (small) jar. When I was a Fellow at the Institute for Social Studies in the Netherlands, I practically consumed the whole national output. And I was there for two years. But seriously, they are good eats. And now that I'm thinking of it, I can get them in cream sauce, to which of course I will add a little bit of additional cream.

Thanks for the great reminder and memory!

Lisa
  #79   ^
Old Mon, Apr-20-09, 17:51

Plan: life without bread
Stats: 150/130/130 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Great news Debbie!
  #80   ^
Old Tue, Apr-21-09, 14:02

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
The only issue I had was the the muffins and bread *did* stick to the pans and I had trouble getting them out. I did butter the pans copiously but did *not* shake bread crumbs into them. Maybe if I made it again I could try something else to shake into the pans, a gluten-free flour of some sort.
Or maybe use a silicon mould?
  #81   ^
Old Wed, Apr-22-09, 06:25

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizellen
Or maybe use a silicon mould?

Yes that's a good option too. I just don't happen to have one in a bread-pan shape, but may need to shop if I want to make this bread again (and I think I do).

Anyway, down another pound today! <Happy Dance>. That's 3 last week and 2 so-far this week, total of 5 since I started this plan. YAY.
  #82   ^
Old Wed, Apr-22-09, 06:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 285/185/150 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
Yes that's a good option too. I just don't happen to have one in a bread-pan shape, but may need to shop if I want to make this bread again (and I think I do).

Anyway, down another pound today! <Happy Dance>. That's 3 last week and 2 so-far this week, total of 5 since I started this plan. YAY.

That's great!!
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Apr-22-09, 08:06
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Well, still gaining weight and TOM just finished. It's gotta be the dairy. I'm going to try to work through eating the dairy I have and then weaning myself off it but staying with the OD Ratios.
  #84   ^
Old Thu, Apr-23-09, 05:45

BF:

No loss today (hey, we can't see the scale go down every day can we?) but no gain either. Still at 2 down for the week. Yesterday I came in on the low side for my carb and protein numbers but went over on the fat.

I wonder if the creator of the Calculus Victus realized that, being human, we would probably find it difficult to impossible to hit the proper Dr. K ratios right on the money, so gave people a *range* so they would not obsess about hitting the exact mark?
  #85   ^
Old Thu, Apr-23-09, 08:06

BF:

Ok, I've now been doing this for 4 days (today is day 5) and I have noticed a thing or two.

the good:
I'm losing weight. My stats say 130, but I've actually been hovering in the 133-134 for quite some time (probably since the winter holidays). Well today I was back down to 130.6.

the bad:
I feel queasy a lot, especially after lunch.
I seem to be breaking out a little bit, but it could just be coincidence.

the incidental:
I'm eating a lot more calories than I used to. I used to be around 1500 putting stuff into fitday and I have gone to up 1900.
My basal body temperature seems to have increased (I take my temp every morning for fertility charting). It's gone up about half a degree! Guess that's where those extra 400 calories are going.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed I will experience the need for less sleep that some of you guys have gotten. I sleep way too much. Any less than 10 hours a night for more than a day or two and I start falling asleep at inappropriate times whether I want to or not - like driving. Been like that since I was a kid.
  #86   ^
Old Thu, Apr-23-09, 08:59
Experimenter

BF:

Quote:

Are you eating dairy? I am normally zit free but any time I eat dairy I get little ones here and there.
  #87   ^
Old Thu, Apr-23-09, 09:10

BF:

Yeah I think I went a little nuts with the dairy. Well, nuts for me anyway. TOM is due soon though, so it could just be hormones.
  #88   ^
Old Thu, Apr-23-09, 09:27
Registered Member

Plan: atkins '72
Stats: 180/166.8/120 Female 5'3"
BF:?
Progress: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallyn
the bad:

I am as well and I usually have good skin, but it seems to affect me that way on LC in general. Clay masks help a bit.
  #89   ^
Old Thu, Apr-23-09, 09:30
95% Sugar Free!

Plan: Very high fat LC/HCG
Stats: 310/155.4/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

Quote:
my blood sugar has PLUMMETED, I mean dropped like a rock.

Mine seems to be doing the opposite, creeping up. Had a FBG of 141 this morning, haven't seen an number that high in a year and a half. It makes no sense since I really haven't increased my carbs. I've pretty much just switched fat for protein. So it might not be related, I need to do a lot more testing and see what's going on.
  #90   ^
Old Thu, Apr-23-09, 09:35
Experimenter

BF:

I've heard that calorie restriction drops FBG. Ralph in the diabetic forum has had his drop a lot on his special medically supervised fast. So perhaps you were calorie restricted before and that is what dropped it?

Mine went up too but I think it is because I stopped exercising. Gotta get that restarted!