Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-02, 11:45

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Wink Challenge Week 6

Ok, here it is week 6 - already.

I've noticed I'm weighing less at night - consistently. I was weighing at least 140 at night and now am only 132. Mornings are nearly the same 130. I find that interesting.

My DH loves my body, so changing from what it is to what it used to be, is scary. This is the first time in my life that my body has been loved. He's being just fine and the weight loss is visible. Sure wish we could clone him.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-02, 15:42

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 181/173.5/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 16%

Hope everybody had a lovely Easter. Back to the health thing. My weight is holding steady. None lost none gained. I haven't really been watching my carbs, but I hope to report a loss by next Saturday. I'm on point and ready to go!~!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-02, 18:01

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Hi all

Same here... no loss no gain from when I last spoke to you.

Have cheated a bit of course, but I also started TOM
Lets hope it doesn't last 3 weeks this time.

DH left today Will not see him for another 2 weeks. How hard this is on me. I couldn't stop crying today. He just layed down beside me and held me. I'm sure it's not easy on him either. I sure wish I could control myself, but I miss him before he even leaves. The first 24 hours are always the worst. Plus I'm sure good old TOM doesn't help my emotional state.

OK enough complaining. Can't remember everything I ate this weekend, but most of it was bad. Tomorrow I go back to work, and with it the WOE.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 09:25

BF:
Default check in

I made some of my power bars last night, then I ate 4 of them.

I've been majorly stressing the last couple of days. Hyperventilating type of near rage/anxiery - for no reason.

DH did his second phone interview for a new job yesterday afternoon. Means double in wages, a company vehicle and move to a different state. Not till September or October, though. I really hope he gets it. It would help him further his career.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 10:34

BF:
Default Good Luck

Tell him Good Luck for me. It's not easy moving to another place (trust me I'm in the middle of making that decision) but it's sometimes neccessary!

DH & I sort of just went through this very thing. He found this position in January. At the same time that I was pleased that he found a great position, I was also stressing about him being away from home. I am trying to be as supportive as I can but it's hard sometimes when I miss him so much. But oh well... this too shall pass.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 10:41

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default Good Morning

Spider... what state would it take you to? I love Oregon. I have family in Astoria and I think it is the most beautiful place on earth. Of course, my family comes down here to the desert a few times a year to dry out their feet. LOL

Josee..... One time when my husband was out of town for a few weeks I used his absence as an incentive for me to stick to my diet and I worked really hard staying on track hoping that he would notice a few extra pounds gone. He noticed. It was wonderful.

Just think of it.... two whole weeks apart for you to work on YOU.
Buy some Avon Skin So Soft ( I love that stuff), or do your hair..... or treat yourself to something wonderful because you deserve it. When your DH gets back, He will notice how fantastic you are doing.

Thank you all for being here for me. I look forward to checking in with you. Today I got to change my stats... FINALLY.. whew.... it's only a half a pound..... but every little half a pound adds up! I am almost out of the 60's and into the 50's. Haven't seen that in two years.

Catch ya' later......
Libby
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 15:28

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 181/173.5/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 16%
Question

I've been mostly LC, but when major cravings hit I'll do a reward meal. Does this sound okay? Am I just switching things to accomodate my weakness. Mind you that before I have this reward meal, I'll have a drink of water, maybe some crystal light to see if the cravings go away. If they don't I'll have a HC at a reward meal. For example, TOM is near so I had major cravings all day today. At lunch I had a large caesar salad with grilled chicken and a Reese Pnut Butter cup.

I don't do straight CAD because the reward meal everyday just makes me want more HCs.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 16:11

BF:
Default HI

I am SO off the diet!!! GIVE me chocolate! Arnie I so understand that.

Josee, Moving is stressful. I told DH to just visualize it as his job. We know it is anyway. He just needs USDA approval. Such great comic material there!!! LOL

Libby, DH has relatives in Astoria, too. This takes us to Merced, California.

Anyone know anything about the "8 minute weight loss"? I'm thinking strongly about doing the strength training. Used to be, when I had a HUGE garden, the weight came right off. I guess I could dig up the yard out front and get a wheel barrow full of cow manure to wheel back and forth. Think the homeowner's association would have a fit? Bet it would work!

Anyhow, I'm wondering if strength training with the diet might work better. I know that I need the strength training to rebuild the bones to full density. Take your calcium!

Should we all start strength training together? Anyone game?
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 16:41
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 191/186/170
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Strength training

I do strength training and cardio workouts every day, and I love the strenth training. I can really see results.

Spider, where are you moving from? Have you ever been to Merced?

Rain
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 16:51

BF:
Default Rain

I'm in Medford, OR rather right by it. I've only been as far south as Chico, once on a day trip with dh.

What's Merced like, can you tell me? Dh and I are from farm communities and from what I understand that's farming area. Sweet potatoes YUMMM!!!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 17:08
Registered Member

BF:
Default Merced

It's very hot and humid in the summer and it can get so foggy that you can't see the yellow lines on the road in the winter. It doesn't snow in the winter, but it rains. It can get up to like 107, but I think that would be unusual - however, 102 wouldn't be that unusual. You get used to it though.

The fog is worse if you live in the country than if you live in town. Also, the University of California is supposed to be putting a campus there - I don't know if it's going or not yet. That should give it a little bit of culture, but...over all, Merced is lacking in culture.

Rain
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 17:29

BF:
Default Merced

Being very close to Ashland - Shakespeare theaters, art communities, rule by concensus. Culture is over-rated! I'm not cultured much either.

It gets to 107 here, too and very humid. Very little snow in the winter, but freezing temps at times. Last frost is April 30, first can be as late as November sometime. I'm from blizzard country, (dh wasn't impressed trying to drive in it ) dh is from deep wet snow (I wasn't impressed when the ceiling started creaking.)

I think I saw something online about the college going in, still in the process of being built, if its even started. I saw so much in my research, that I can't remember all of it.

Now, for your strength training. Can you tell me what it consists of?

Thanks for the info, too.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 17:41
Registered Member

BF:
Default strength training

Well, I go to the gym 5 days a week. I alternate between upper body with stomach, and lower body with back. I like the free weights the best for upper body. It really makes you concentrate. I do bench press in three different positions, and then some tricep work, and then on the other days I concentrate on butt and leg strength.

I don't do any calf work because I have very muscular calves and don't want to build on that. I don't want my breasts and arms to sag as I lose weight, so I concentrate on that during my upper body.

There's a great book called "woman's book of Strenth" I got most of my information from that. I think the author is Karen Smith (?) but not sure.

Then I do 30 minutes of stair master after the weights. She suggests that, because the weights will burn off the glycolic fuel (or whatever it's called) that is usually burned of in the first 20 minutes of cardio - that way when you get to the cardio part, it burns fat immediately.

Rain
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 17:59

BF:
Default Thanks Rain

Thanks for the info. I know that there is a lot of info out there and most of it is contradictory.

I'll keep what you said, and see what I can design for myself. Not going to join a gym. I have some weights (5 & 10 lb) and some bands and my exercise ball/office chair.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 18:03

BF:
Default Check in

OK pat me on the back somebody because I did so well today!!!

BR: 2 coffees, 1 western omlet without onions, 2 pieces of bacon, 2 sausages.

L: 1 small cabbage soup

D: 1 chicken kiev, fries & grilled zucchini

Drank some water but not as much as I wanted. Will keep drinking some tonight. Bought myself a huge bottle of water today and will try to drink 2 of those a day (I believe it's one litre)

Doing a bit better today. Still miss hubby. Will see him in 3 weeks again.