Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Fri, Mar-06-09, 21:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163/129.4/133 Female 160cm
BF:28%
Progress: 112%

Bella, do they weigh you everytime you visit the doctor?

We only get weighed at the first appt and that's it.

Glad to hear everything is going well. Have you had a baby shower yet?

I had a doctor's appt yesterday. She felt the baby, measured my fundus and told me he was already the size of a full term baby. It didn't seem to concern her so I guess that just means he will be a big boy. I'm getting very excited and like you, can't wait to meet him.

How are all you other ladies?
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Sat, Mar-07-09, 10:39

Plan: Primal-ish
Stats: 212/181/150 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I have always gotten weighed every time. When is your due date mermaiden?
  #93   ^
Old Sat, Mar-07-09, 11:12

Plan: Atkins/Meat & Egg
Stats: 218/159.2/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 71%

Ya we get weighed everytime. I have gained 4 lbs. so close to 200, it's scary I didn't want to be there, but it looks like I will.
Baby is measuring 1 week ahead, but that's okay.
Found out the dr. will be gone when I'm due & for a month afterwards! A**hole
  #94   ^
Old Sat, Mar-07-09, 14:58

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella_meow
Ya we get weighed everytime. I have gained 4 lbs. so close to 200, it's scary I didn't want to be there, but it looks like I will.
Baby is measuring 1 week ahead, but that's okay.
Found out the dr. will be gone when I'm due & for a month afterwards! A**hole
My first doctor was gone for 2 out of 3 deliveries, and I ended up with a really nice one when she was gone. I hope you get a good one, too. It's nice to know what to expect.
  #95   ^
Old Mon, Mar-16-09, 04:01

Algts, I'm having my baby on the 8th of April. I have a c-section. The choice is no longer mine having had 2 emergencies and the last one was scheduled and almost a rupture. That means I will have my baby in 22 days - yay.

Interesting that they weigh you each time. They stopped doing that here years ago.

My baby has been measuring 9 days ahead since my first scan at 18 weeks.

I don't know how you are all feeling but I'm seriously over being pregnant. Bring on the baby so I can start feeling normal - well normal aside from the sleep deprivation and huge milk filled breasts. I am so uncomfortable now, sleep is something I do in between going to the toilet. It's crazy how many times a night I end up going to the loo.

I love feeling him move, it's very reassuring but sometimes it can be quite painful and uncomfortable. I have moments I feel I've been stretched to capacity. Ahh, the joys of pregnancy. I can't wait for my prize at the end of it all... my beautiful baby!
  #96   ^
Old Mon, Mar-30-09, 14:46

BF:

It's weird, because until this 9 month mark of 36 weeks, i've been totally in love with being pregnant, but I can't help but dream about losing the weight & looking good again!

I feel lately like i always do lc for 2 months, lose 20 lbs *which is amazing*, but then lose motivation and get the weight back on. I pray I can stick to it this time & really lose the weight.

I also need to be more motivated about working out, that's usually a 2 week thing for me. Hard for me to stay motivated longer than that. BOO!
  #97   ^
Old Tue, Mar-31-09, 17:11

Plan: Pregnant-Moderation
Stats: 157/195/000 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: -24%

Hi Ladies! Long time no speak! I haven'T been on forum much the last month - only a few times in my journal. Good to catch up here.

BellaMeow, congrats about passing the glucose test! THat is great. I had mine almost 2 weeks ago and didn'T hear about results; i assume the dr will tell me at next appointment next week. We also get weighed every visit and i am amazed that they haven'T said anything yet about my gain - this week hit 28 pounds gained since testing at 4 weeks (after the sudden 7 pound gain on honey moon).

I'm still in love with being pregnant - loving the movements (quite light, probably bc placenta in front or maybe she is just dainty ) and the belly and it all. It'S going too fast for me! I want to meet baby, but right now, i just want to be connected to her like this. Now, i know, i am jsut entering the 3rd trimester today (gone so fast!) so that may all change as i get bigger and maybe pains etc. I actually stopped having sleep problems for the last month but may be starting again.

Still doing mostly daily sugary desserts, after eating the good stuff - not great for health. At least last week i finally made an effort and made it through 4 nights without big sugary desserts (still had things like muffins with jam, granola with sugar added)' but not the 'real' desserts. WOuld like to be strong enough to only have on weekends. WHo knows.

Good luck to you all. Wow, Mermaiden, only a little over a week to go and Bella, a month! Good luck in the final stretch!

Latté
  #98   ^
Old Sat, Apr-04-09, 00:47

Hi all

I am now the proud mother of a beautiful baby boy. He was born on the 31st March at 7.4lbs. I was rescheduled to an earlier date because of concern about my previous scar rupturing.

The surgery went well but as suspected my uterine wall was very thin and only covered by a thin membrane.

I probably wont be on here much for a little while as I am still recovering and getting used to life with 3 littlies.

I intend to go back to low carb in a few more weeks but right now I just want to regain my strength and get through the sleepless nights. I don't know if it's the breastfeeding, the pain or the lack of sleep but I am certainly hungry and eating all the time.

I hope all is going well for you lovely ladies. Enjoy your pregnancies!
  #99   ^
Old Sat, Apr-04-09, 12:42

Plan: Pregnant-Moderation
Stats: 157/195/000 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: -24%

CONGRATULATIONS, Mermaiden9!!!!! THat i so wonderful. Enjoy the new little treasure and rest when you can. Everyone i know says that the breastfeeding makes them super-hungry!

Take care of you and little one.

Latté
  #100   ^
Old Sat, Apr-04-09, 17:39

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaiden9
Hi all

I am now the proud mother of a beautiful baby boy. He was born on the 31st March at 7.4lbs. I was rescheduled to an earlier date because of concern about my previous scar rupturing.

The surgery went well but as suspected my uterine wall was very thin and only covered by a thin membrane.

I probably wont be on here much for a little while as I am still recovering and getting used to life with 3 littlies.

I intend to go back to low carb in a few more weeks but right now I just want to regain my strength and get through the sleepless nights. I don't know if it's the breastfeeding, the pain or the lack of sleep but I am certainly hungry and eating all the time.

I hope all is going well for you lovely ladies. Enjoy your pregnancies!

Congratulations! Try to get rest as much as you can. I remember being so hungry also. I hope you have some help from caring adult(s) for a little while. I only have dh and usually for only a week--so hard!

#101   ^
Old Sat, Apr-25-09, 09:59

BF:

Hey everyone! I gave birth to our daughter 4-16!! she's so cute! I've already lost 29lbs in the 9 days so far. I started my pilates two days ago & starting walking yesterday, i feel great!

How is everyone else doing?
  #102   ^
Old Wed, May-13-09, 08:48

Stats: 170/168/140 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

Congrats Bella and Mermaiden!!! How exciting!!!

I too have a new addition -- a little girl born on 4/13, she is a sweetie pie!! Red hair and blue eyes so far (just like her dad).

She is four weeks old and I had a good day one yesterday in terms of getting back on track with controlling my carbs. I gained 40 with the pregnancy and lost 20 very quickly. This next 20 will take a lot of work to lose, and then want to lose even more.

I am also nursing exclusively at this point.

I loved being big and pregnant, now I am just BIG!!! Ugh!
  #103   ^
Old Wed, May-13-09, 10:07

BF:

lol, i know what you mean about being big. No one's even noticed i've lost 35lbs! lol. It's pretty funny though. I've been working out religiously since day 9 after delivery ( i felt incredible) and have been losing the last little bit slower than normal, but I eat carbs like grains (healthy ones) every morning & some dairy. So it's nice to be losing ~ all while eating some carbs. Last night I ate two peices of pizza & lost 2 ounces, not much, but a loss. Normally that'd be a 1lb gain!

Congrats on your little one. We should post pics.
  #104   ^
Old Wed, May-13-09, 18:43

Stats: 170/168/140 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

That's amazing how quickly you were able to start working out Bella. I was "told" that I should rest for 6 weeks before starting to exercise, so I made to 4 weeks, now I feel like I should start working hard to lose the baby weight or I will be in trouble.

I've gotten on the exercycle the past two days and feel pretty good -- I think I'm ready to get back into exercising.

Each chlld I've had (this is #3) I seem to gain 10 pounds with...... never got back to the starting weight.

I'm trying to stick close to induction with the exception of fruit and low carb products.

I don't want to feel bad about being in a bathing suit this summer, but worried I won't meet any of my goals.

Pregnancy does take it's toll on the body!!!
  #105   ^
Old Wed, May-13-09, 19:31

BF:

My dr said as long as I felt good, he's all for exercising. He's an exercise advocate. But, NO sex until the 6 weeks. I tore really bad, so ya. Hey, little girl is yelling ~ me, better go.