Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-08, 10:04
Operation Ann 2013

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/297.0/150 Female 5ft 1 in
BF:Of course!! :)
Progress: 8%
Default Anyone With A Killer Meatloaf Recipe You Want To Share?

Hello all, I am dying for a killer meatloaf. Anyone out there want to hook me up with your winning recipe please?????

I make mine, but I swear I have never had a meatloaf recipe that I could repeat! Ridiculous as it sounds, for the most part mine sux!!!!!

come on peeps, hook a girl drooling for a "good recipe" up!!!!

Thanks,
Annie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-08, 10:50
Rock'in Arizona!!!

Stats: 470/400/300 Male 6'7"
BF:
Progress: 41%

Meatza, meatloaf pizza;

About 1to11/2 pound ground beef, mixed with finely chopped onion, celery, olives. A little garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste, 1 large egg, I like to add jalopeno's also. Mix every thing up and put in to a baking dish, I like it about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick, cook at 375 until done about 20 min. Drain off the liquid. Use either LC pizza sauce or ranch dressing (white pizza),top with cheese, then top with whatever you like, sliced pepperoni, ham, bacon, mushrooms, ect.. Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes and switch to broil, until cheese is melted and bubbling. The whole family likes it better then regular pizza. Thanks to Marcia Mae for sharing her recipe with me....Bru
PS Enjoy!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-08, 10:56

Plan: Atkins/lowering cals
Stats: 187/143.6/135 Female 64
BF:35.2/ 20%/20%
Progress: 83%

Well, hello there Annie.
Meatloaf, hmmmm!
hamburger
porkrinds
egg
green pepper
salsa
lc ketchup
onion
horseradish
garlic
lc bbq sauce

I just throw it all together mix up and bake. How much of each, sorry, I dunno. I just sorta pour some in.
Barb
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-08, 11:05
Operation Ann 2013

Ooooh, thank you both, they both sound completely different and yummy, I will eventually try both for sure!!!!

I knew some one out there had to have something that is more palatable than mine......

Thanks again!!!! I am eating pumpkin sausage soup right now.....and I made a huge bowl of salad for lunches at the office, I am good to go. I will prepare a meatloaf or maybe try both and freeze one? I certainly corned the market on ground chuck at the market!

BTW barb, I have never been a measuring person either!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-08, 11:34
Rock'in Arizona!!!

BF:

Annie I know what you mean about cornering the market. Last time I bought so much ground beef at Costco the girl ask if I had a restaurant. They have the best ground beef, and they are 60 miles one way, so I stock up...Bru
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-08, 11:44
Never Give Up!!

Stats: 200/139/140 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bru88
Meatza, meatloaf pizza;

About 1to11/2 pound ground beef, mixed with finely chopped onion, celery, olives. A little garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste, 1 large egg, I like to add jalopeno's also. Mix every thing up and put in to a baking dish, I like it about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick, cook at 375 until done about 20 min. Drain off the liquid. Use either LC pizza sauce or ranch dressing (white pizza),top with cheese, then top with whatever you like, sliced pepperoni, ham, bacon, mushrooms, ect.. Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes and switch to broil, until cheese is melted and bubbling. The whole family likes it better then regular pizza. Thanks to Marcia Mae for sharing her recipe with me....Bru
PS Enjoy!

Bru - Your meatloaf pizza sounds a WHOLE LOT yummier than what I make. I'm gonna have to try it with the seasonings in the meat and add the jalopenos for sure. I usually just plop some ground beef in a pan and bake, I always thought it was missing something. Thanks for sharing.

~Marcia
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-08, 11:44
Operation Ann 2013

Quote:
Annie I know what you mean about cornering the market. Last time I bought so much ground beef at Costco the girl ask if I had a restaurant. They have the best ground beef, and they are 60 miles one way, so I stock up...Bru
Bruce? or Bru, the funny thing is I got 2 of about everything today, they had a killer buy one get one free, so I have protein galore!!!!!! I felt like Noah, building the ark, two of everything only mine weren't alive! (yeah, I know) I need help....
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-08, 12:00
Rock'in Arizona!!!

BF:

Marcia Mae it just a thing I've always done. I can't follow a recipe with out changing it some how. To many years in the restaurant business. Thanks again your recipe really filled a craving for me.

Annie I had to laugh about the alive joke, we just took one of my granddaughters steer to the slaughter house up at the Univ. of Arizona. They really know how to cut meat there. Its hanging now to tenderize a little. Should be cut this next week.
I love their bacon up there, some times they have extra that they sell, people donate it or don't pick it up.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-08, 12:03
Operation Ann 2013

Quote:
Annie I had to laugh about the alive joke, we just took one of my granddaughters steer to the slaughter house up at the Univ. of Arizona. They really know how to cut meat there. Its hanging now to tenderize a little. Should be cut this next week.
I love their bacon up there, some times they have extra that they sell, people donate it or don't pick it up.
OMG< you are REALLY the lucky one, and I thought I had it down......YUMMY, a whole cow!!!!! I hear steaks, roasts, everything...in your future!!!! Beam me up Bru!
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-08, 12:59
Rock'in Arizona!!!

BF:

Thanks to my granddaughter, she raises 4-5 a year, through 4H. This is the first one in 3 years we have to slaughter. She has been champion or reserve champion at all her shows lately. So they sell them, anything below 2nd place doesn't sell at the shows. They raise and feed them so we know how well he has been taken care of. I learned not to let my son in law do the cut list, he's a ranch boy but doesn't know cuts very well. So my daughter and I do it now. Can't wait, probably pick him up Friday! Probably have to do a big batch of jerky right away, I love mine hot and crispy! Now I'm getting hungry...Bru
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-08, 13:06
Operation Ann 2013

Quote:
Thanks to my granddaughter, she raises 4-5 a year, through 4H. This is the first one in 3 years we have to slaughter. She has been champion or reserve champion at all her shows lately. So they sell them, anything below 2nd place doesn't sell at the shows. They raise and feed them so we know how well he has been taken care of. I learned not to let my son in law do the cut list, he's a ranch boy but doesn't know cuts very well. So my daughter and I do it now. Can't wait, probably pick him up Friday! Probably have to do a big batch of jerky right away, I love mine hot and crispy! Now I'm getting hungry...Bru
Well, isn't she the hero, in this story, you must be so proud. That is amazing, thank you for sharing that story with us!

Jerky, homemade jerky, yummy!!!!!! I have always wanted to try my luck at that, but been afraid.....if you are scared say so.....I am scared!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-08, 13:49
Rock'in Arizona!!!

BF:

Jerky is easy. If you can have a butcher slice roasts thin for you. If you do it, stick it in the freezer for a while to firm it up, makes it much easier to slice. I use franks redhot and smoked jalopeno salt, any hot pepper flakes, cajun seasoning, make sure its no sugar added. I leave it in a zip lock bag in the frig. and turn it a few times for a day, then put it in a food dehydrator, until done. You can use any seasoning you like, salt and black pepper, soy sauce, there's tons of ways to make it...Bru
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-08, 13:58

Plan: High protein, lower fat
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 66
BF:276, 255 hi wts
Progress: 0%

Here are a few I have collected but not tried yet:

Bab's Meatloaf Status: Approved
Name Bab's Meatloaf
Category Beef
Source bhouston
Difficulty Easy
Ingredients
2 lbs ground beef
1 lb ground pork
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 cup green/red/yellow pepper (I mix them)
1/2 carrot shredded
1 egg
1 tblsp garlic pepper
1/2 tblsp season salt
1/2 tblsp (approx) worcestershire sauce
2 tblsp tomato puree or sauce
Directions
Step: 1 Mix all ingredients in a large bowl; bake at 350 for approx 1hour; add tomato puree or the last 15" of baking. The ground pork gives it a great flavor.

Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
Show: Paula's Home Cooking
Episode: Country Comfort

1 pound ground chuck
10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 (8-ounce) package sharp Cheddar, grated
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup bread crumbs, toasted
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/3 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
1 (3-ounce) can French fried onions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine the ground chuck and next 8 ingredients, mixing well.

In a small bowl, combine the ketchup and mustard. Stir 1/4 cup ketchup mixture into meat mixture, reserving remaining ketchup mixture.

Press meat mixture into a 9 by 5 by 3-inch loaf pan, or shape into a loaf and place on a rack in a broiler pan. Spread remaining ketchup mixture over loaf. Bake 40 minutes. Top with French fried onions; bake another 10 to 15 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.

Meat Loaf

½ cup TIANA coconut flour
3 eggs
1 cup finely chopped onion
½ cup chopped bell pepper
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
? teaspoon thyme
? teaspoon marjoram
1 pound ground beef
1 16-ounce can tomato sauce

Method

Combine coconut flour, eggs, chopped onion, bell pepper, salt, black pepper, thyme and marjoram in a bowl. Add ground beef and 1 cup (8 ounces) of tomato sauce and mix well. Shape mixture into a loaf and place in a baking dish. Pour the remaining 1 cup of tomato sauce over the top of the loaf. Bake at 175 Degree C (350F) for 1¼ hours. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

Coconut Flour Meatloaf

1 egg
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon basil
½ teaspoon oregano
8 oz organic tomato sauce
1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar or coconut water vinegar
1 tablespoon agave nectar
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ of a large onion, or to taste - diced
5 baby carrots, or to taste - chopped
1 celery stalk, or to taste - chopped
1 pound grass-fed ground beef
In large bowl, slightly beat egg. Then add everything else except for the ground beef. Stir everything together until well mixed. Next incorporate ground beef. Form into loaf in the middle of a 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for about 35
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-08, 14:07
Operation Ann 2013

Hey now.....thank you........JLx, and Bru....my mouth is watering thinking of trying jerky. I have a roast in the freezer. I always have Franks red hot sauce.

I make a killer sauce for chicken with

butter melted,
Frank's hot sauce
one carb ketsup
and vinegar (I use cider) and just mix it up until it is thin or thick as you like dip roasted chix breast in it.....

My dad's recipe. I think he was out of BBQ sauce and whipped it up one day, and I was hooked. He didn't use the Frank's hot sauce, that was my idea, and it is fab! Would be killer on wings! I usually whip this sauce up a couple of times a month, I made it in a 2 cup measuring cup, quick and easy with the nuker~
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-08, 14:34
Registered Member

Stats: 283/265/150 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Here's my recipe. Sometimes I use 1/2 ground beef, 1/2 ground pork.

3 pounds of hamburger
1 small red or yellow onion - chopped fine
1 small jalapeno pepper chopped fine
1 egg
1 cup crushed pork rinds
3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 tbsp onion powder
2 "splashes" liquid hickory smoke
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp hot mustard powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayanne pepper