Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-08, 08:39

Plan: Lowcarb
Stats: 283/279/190 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 4%

congratulations to all that are getting so close
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-08, 06:27

Plan: '72 Atkins
Stats: 260/198/145 Female 65
BF:I do
Progress: 54%

How is everyone doing on their goal?? I noticed we've been awfully quiet on this one! LOL

I haven't lost anymore... actually, just weighed in and my weight is at 204.5, which puts me a pound up from where my stats are... but that's pretty normal for me (TOM) and such, I am expecting that in the next few days it will start it's trend back down.

And this is why I joined this board, not really having too much to lose to hit onderland yet... I'm such a turtle. I guess it has to do with the glass of wine/vodka I have almost every night. Or the too many almonds I've been munching on lately. Because I've had no obvious cheats, so I think it's the (carb) creeps! LOL

So how is everyone else doing? Still on plan? Losing anything?

Lets motivate each other to at least lose a few by the end of this month!!

Good luck ladies!
  #93   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-08, 10:10

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

I was thinking the same thing Pammieanne! It's awfully quiet over here. I do hope everyone is doing well.

I now have 8.2 pounds to lose to get to 200, 8.4 would get me to Onederland. I think it's very do-able. I just have to concentrate. I've started tracking what I eat in my journal and exercising 4-5 days a week. It's been helping so far.

I'd really love to help cheer everyone on, so come on everyone!

Go ladies Go
  #94   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-08, 19:34

BF:

you two are so close!! congratulations.

whats everyones plans for thanksgiving? ive toyed with the idea of doing an off plan day.. but i dont think i want to... i now have 17 lbs to go and only a little over a month.. EEK... so i think i better stick with it.. and if im at goal by christmas then we will see...
  #95   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-08, 20:25

BF:

I'm Canadian, so Thanksgiving is past me already! I concentrated on lots of turkey, veggies, and salad. It wasn't really that hard for me as I'm not a potato, gravy and stuffing girl anyways. I know it can be hard though for those who do love those foods.
  #96   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-08, 20:30

BF:

i hate mashed potatos.. and not really a fan of stuffing too much...but i LOVE green bean casserole... i need to find a low carb version... and im a desserts person..... on holidays at least
i might take a stab at making a pumpkin cheesecake.. we will see..
  #97   ^
Old Tue, Nov-11-08, 20:30
For Real This Time

Plan: SB (Sorta Beachy)
Stats: 272/260/165 Female 68 inches (5'8")
BF:
Progress: 11%

Go, girls, go!!!
  #98   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-08, 06:18

I'm not exactly sure how I'll handle Thanksgiving either... I know I'll concentrate on the turkey and some veggies... but I absolutely adore dressing! LOL

I'm not losing ths month like I usually do during my TOM... I think I'm just snacking on too many nuts. I don't know. But whatever it is, I really need to get a handle on it because I SO SO want to see 197! That will make me 2 pounds lighter than I have been since my daughter was born. Last time I hit 199 and then stopped. This time I really want to continue downward!

So I'm stopping all SF drinks, getting back on the water, and making extra chicken to snack on instead of the almonds!

Kit, you're pretty close too! Come on girl, you can do this too!

Must.Break.Stall.Now!! LOL
  #99   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-08, 08:13

BF:

Nuts can be a killer for me. They're SOOOO good and I can eat SOOOOOO many. I basically had to stop buying them for a long time because I couldn't control myself around them. I've gone back to buying them again and seem to be able to have some control now. I just portion out how many I can have and then that's it for the day.

Well, I had abit of a decrease in weight overnight, so now only 7.8 pounds to get to Onederland!

I'd like to permanently implant myself into Onederland. Last time I didn't stay there very long. I could still kick myself, but that really wouldn't do any good.
  #100   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-08, 08:32

BF:

i think thats what im most scared of.. i read a LOT of people say they got to onederland and lost it.
i immediately set a second goal to work on when i get to onderland.. so maybe i wont slip backwards.... its 199 by christmas and 164 (100lbs lost) by my 10 year high school reunion this summer.. or july 4th (my 1 yr on atkins).. whichever comes first since they havent set a date yet..
  #101   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-08, 08:41

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyKit
i think thats what im most scared of.. i read a LOT of people say they got to onederland and lost it.
i immediately set a second goal to work on when i get to onderland.. so maybe i wont slip backwards.... its 199 by christmas and 164 (100lbs lost) by my 10 year high school reunion this summer.. or july 4th (my 1 yr on atkins).. whichever comes first since they havent set a date yet..

I've heard this too and it did happen to me. I wish I could explain why, but I really don't know. I've looked at it several times and the only thing I could come up with is that I hit Onederland right before summer and summer is NOT a good time for me. I gained over the summer and then just haven't lost it again. But I will this time. I'm hoping that I'll lose even more by summer and that heading over the 200 mark won't even be a problem.
  #102   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-08, 06:22

Still no more losses for me... that makes it several weeks now, and I'm plain frustrated!!

I need to re evaluate what I'm doing. I know I've really cut back on the eggs... they just don't sound good right now. I think I need to bring them back in... and I had to cut out most beef for now because we can't afford it... time to find some deals on that!

I hate being stuck like this! Time to cut out all SF drinks (they've crept back in), drink my water again, eat eggs and salads (my teeth are still quite sensitive, and will be for a while as they are being moved with a retainer, so I might as well get used to it! LOL)

I've got to do something to get my body into loss mode again! Ugh.

Hope everyone else is having better success than me though! And I'm certainly not giving up!
  #103   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-08, 08:32

BF:

It's very frustrating when that scale just refuses to budge! I know, I've been there! Right now, it seems to be co-operating with me and I'm losing steadily, not much each week, but steady and that's OK with me! Hope you can figure out soon what is going on!
  #104   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-08, 09:26

BF:

im at 213 now.. a lot closer.. but still feels like way far away...
  #105   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-08, 07:36

Plan: SBD
Stats: 250/250/175 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi everyone! I am here, just lurking most days because both of my daughters got casted in the local theater's Christmas youth production and we have been practically living there for practices. I do check in though and log my weight in my plan.

I am down to 228, not sure if I will make it to onederland by Christmas but I am excited to see the scale go down and see how close I do get by that time! I love the chart in the my plan section, it is such a visual of the ups and downs but also the continuous downward trend even though I zig zag. I also LOVE seeing the percentage change up in the corner every day, also a good reinforcement for me! Where I used to think "I only lost 28 pounds in 3 months" now I think " I lost 37% of my goal so far!!!!!!"

I don't know about the rest of you but for me this has been also about healing my mind. I have made so much progress in not using food as a crutch or a comfort for hurt feelings. It is a long story but my relationship with my mother is a pretty toxic one, and I finally told her I was done letting her hurt me (over labor day weekend), broke off communication with her, and it has been amazing how healing that was, and how the weight started coming off better. I am reading a book called "getting unstuck" by Dr. Linda Mintle, it is biblically based (just FYI) and is a self-help for women who have gotten "stuck" in depression, anxiety, and eating disorders (or combinations of the three.) It has been instrumental in helping me look at things with a new perspective.

Have a great week everyone!!!