Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-08, 15:47
Registered Member

Plan: SB
Stats: 172/159.8/149 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Name.............8/25.........9/1.........9/8.........9/15.........9/22.........9/29
curlygirly........217.5
deb1959.........213.2.......210.0.....207.6
donnaliz67.....................268........265...........260
hk-lowcarb.....175..........174.5.....175 (tom)
jmr410...........200.6.......201.2.....197.9..........195.0
Judy..............152.6.......152........153.2.........152.6
Linda H..........162.2.......161.4......161.8.........160.4
Rebecca130...............................186.6
Renee............143 .8......144.4......................146
sassafras........240..........239
skippie...........................225.......221
slimmama........159.2.......158.2.....155.4.........155.
surfnmom........139.2
sissy..............189...........189........................188.5
yana..............184 .4

I think I'll follow Judy's lead - since I play the same weigh-in "game" with myself. Today's number is so much better than yesterday's, and I'm just going to go with it! Think I might switch weigh-in to Tuesdays as they almost always are better. Hmmmm. . . .
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-08, 16:02
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Good for you Linda!!

Weekend eating can be very tough to deal with and if I do any damage on the weekends, it takes a few days for me to see the scale cooperate.

Do what works best for you and makes you happy!!!
  #93   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-08, 17:41
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 224.8/243.4/140 Female 5*5"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Good evening everyone--I did well today. I stayed on plan as far as I could tell and that was hard since I took 40 mg of predinose for my asthma. I am so lucky to be on this forum with people who truly know how the plan works and gives advice freely. I am trying to learn the abbreviations that are used so please forgive me if I ask about them. I started my own business today but can't give lots of details yet still working out the kinks. Have a good evening.
  #94   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-08, 07:45

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

I threw my back out yesterday! Bummer! I have such a busy week too, but I guess now I have a date with my couch!

WTG on a new lower number Linda!

Oldasamule- Congrats on starting your own business. I hope it's a big success! Congrats also on having a good eating day!
  #95   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-08, 08:51
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldasamule
Good evening everyone--I did well today. I stayed on plan as far as I could tell and that was hard since I took 40 mg of predinose for my asthma. I am so lucky to be on this forum with people who truly know how the plan works and gives advice freely. I am trying to learn the abbreviations that are used so please forgive me if I ask about them. I started my own business today but can't give lots of details yet still working out the kinks. Have a good evening.

Congrats on your new businness! Very exciting!

Sorry that you have to take drugs for your asthma. Has your doctor ever suggested that you refrain from eating dairy as it causes mucous production which can contribute to asthma?

It would be worth a 2 week trial if you do eat it or drink it.

Char! Sorry your back went out....timing is everyting....not a good time for you!! take good care!
  #96   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-08, 11:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/155/150 Female 5'8.5"
BF:
Progress: 72%

I need some help, please. I ate a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese-nf sweetened with sweetfrez and cinnamon- for breakfast with 8 oz. tomato juice about 9:00 am. By 10:45 my blood sugar went crazy and I got the low blood shakes which I hate. i was working in my yard and had to come in and eat 2 slices-2 oz- boiled ham. I was really hungry again by 12:00. Is there an adjustment to this. I was seldom hungry lcing usually when the meal was 5-6 hours later. Is that not enough for breakfast or should I go back to eggs? Any insight will be taken and appreciated. I want to eat this way.
Anne
  #97   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-08, 11:44
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1annewil
I need some help, please. I ate a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese-nf sweetened with sweetfrez and cinnamon- for breakfast with 8 oz. tomato juice about 9:00 am. By 10:45 my blood sugar went crazy and I got the low blood shakes which I hate. i was working in my yard and had to come in and eat 2 slices-2 oz- boiled ham. I was really hungry again by 12:00. Is there an adjustment to this. I was seldom hungry lcing usually when the meal was 5-6 hours later. Is that not enough for breakfast or should I go back to eggs? Any insight will be taken and appreciated. I want to eat this way.
Anne

Yes, I'dd add more protein to your breakfast....eggs if you like in addition to the 1/2 cup cottage cheese.

1/2 cup cottage cheese alone, would leave me hungry too. I add a cut up tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, a little chopped onion and even a bit of russian dressing...a mini meal for sure!
  #98   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-08, 15:56
Registered Member

BF:

Day 2 and still on plan.

"Like what you do. If you don't like it, do something else."--Paul Harvey

Char--I am hoping for you to have a speedy recovery. May you take the time to reflect on the good and positive things in your life.

Judy--thank you for your advice. I will try not to have dairy products.

Well I will go now much to do and little time left to do it in for today is 3/4 over for me.
  #99   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-08, 04:31
For Real This Time

Plan: SB (Sorta Beachy)
Stats: 272/260/165 Female 68 inches (5'8")
BF:
Progress: 11%

Good morning everyone!

Just letting you know I will probably be a little scarce the next couple of days. I'm throwing a big birthday party on Saturday, for my 10-yr-old daughter, my 8-yr-old son, and my 2-yr-old nephew. Expecting about 40-45 people. So I have a lot to do to get ready!!

I'm proud of myself that I haven't slipped off my plan the last few days. Usually when I'm busy running around, I get into the mode of skipping meals and just grabbing a snack here and there. Doesn't sound so bad - sounds like I should lose weight easily if I'm not eating meals, right? EXCEPT that the "here and there" is more like here, there and everywhere! And it's usually all carbs! But this time I'm not letting that happen. I have the house well-stocked with low-carb foods, so being busy is no excuse for eating the wrong stuff.

I haven't lost any more this week, but I haven't gained either, so I'm not getting discouraged. I'm still down 8 lbs from where I started. I was hoping to be down a few more by the weekend, because I am a little worried about messing up at the party.

I'm sure the actual day of the party will be a little challenging. I'm serving some low-carb foods, but not all. (It is a kids' party after all) Technically I will still be in Phase 1 on Saturday - I'm not supposed to start Phase 2 for 2 more days after that. That's what worries me. I will have no problem having a good "Phase 2" day at a party, but I don't know if I can pull off a "Phase 1" day. I'm sure I'm not going to stay 100% on-plan that day, but I'm planning ahead of time how to minimize the damage. Certain foods might be worth the "3-bite rule", and others are not worth it at all and I'll just avoid them. And if I do go off plan at the party, then the next day, I'm right back on.

Anyway, just didn't want you all to think I disappeared. I may get a chance to check in here in the next few days, or I may not.
  #100   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-08, 07:36

BF:

Today I'm going for my training for my new job! Last time I was there, there were muffins and doughnuts galore! Has no one ever heard of a fresh fruit and cheese tray? Or maybe that's too much work!

Donna-Wow...what a party you've undertaken! I hope it all goes great and that everyone has a fantastic time! Good for you for thinking and planning ahead! You'll be fine. You sound very determined!

Anne- I'm much bigger than you are, so maybe you can get away with much less food, but I'd certainly be starving on what you ate. Like Judy said, add some veggies to bulk it up and maybe that would help next time!

Oldasamule- WTG sticking to plan. I hope you have a successful day 3!

Judy- Thanks! It's abit better today!
  #101   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-08, 08:38
Registered Member

BF:

Good morning all--It's Thursday with another wonderful bright sunny skies and 70"s day. I am so far still on target though starting to crave something sweet. Does it get better? I am only on day 3 of phase 1 so I still have a way to go but I have to remember I am doing this for me to get healthier and enjoy life with my husband and son doing things together more.

Donna--sounds like you have your hands full but you are prepared for the occasion for you and you have thought of the other people so congrat on that part.

Char--Good luck on your training. I know that you will do good.

I am having second doubts about the business and I am thinking of backing out. I think I just jumped in way to fast without thinking and now the more I think about it I do not believe it's for me. I am still searching for things to do at home to help with income. If any of you have any suggestions I would be happy to hear them.

I have been posting what I am eating and journaling for the first time in a long time. It is amazing at how much sometimes I eat and what type of day I was having when it's written down it does make a difference.

Have a wonderful day.
  #102   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-08, 09:39

BF:

Oldasamule-
Quote:
Does it get better?
Yes, it does get better with time, but there are still times when the sweet bug hits me or those times when you just feel like you want to eat everything in sight. The best thing is to be prepared for those times and to have something to combat them. I find that fruit hits the spot on sweetness for me ( of course, you're still on Phase 1, so that doesn't help you much). I also find that upping protein really helps. I'm not sure why, but it just does!

Sorry that the business you were thinking about isn't working out for you, but it's true that you have to really think about it before plunging in, especially if you have to put in some money to start off with. It can end up being a very expensive trial! I don't really have any suggestions for you, but hope you do find something that suits your personality and lifestyle!

Tracking is a great idea and it really does help! Good for you for doing that!
  #103   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-08, 21:53

Plan: Weight Watchers/S Beach
Stats: 201/195.8/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hey guys, I'm back. We got hit with Ike WIND and we lost power on Sunday, just got it back at 3:00 today. We lost EVERYTHING in the freezer/frige so i'm going to clean it out (got the food out tonight to go to the trash in the morning) tomorrow and then go buy SB foods to restock it. The daycare that I work at has been closed all week and will be tomorrow too. Wow, we're going to have some ticked off parents but you can't run a daycare without power or running water (had the water but no way to heat it) so I don't know what they'll want, but sure as shooting, we'll have someone complain. And probably lots of someone's.

Going to check a few more threads and then go to bed. Didn't even try to watch my diet, well, not really, I was aware of it, before I wouldn't even have been aware of not eating on program, but I was at DD's and didn't want to complain since they don't have much and were good about feeding us. Just tried to limit my portions and drink my water. I'm dreading getting back on the scale but tomorrow I can SB my kitchen.
  #104   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-08, 01:46
Registered Member

BF:

Thank you Char for the words of wisdom.

It's Friday and weigh in day for me. I am not sure if I am really up to seeing what the scale says for I have been so lazy lately that it's not funny.

I do hope that everyone has a wonderful day today.
chat with you all later.
  #105   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-08, 07:02

BF:

Yesterday's training session was great ( except for the cookie and muffin platter ) I'm very excited to start my new job! It sounded even better than before, so we'll see. I have another meeting next week and should know by then where I'll be and how many student teachers I'll have.

We're off to the lake for the weekend! I have all the meals planned but it still worries me somewhat. It's just not the same as being at home! See you all on Monday!

Rebecca- Wow! So sorry to read about your losses! I do hope things get back to normal soon for you over there. Don't worry about anything right now. You did the best you could for the situation. You'll be back on track again soon! Hang in there!

Oldasamule- It probably won't be as bad as you think and if it is, then you know what you have to do to make it better for next week! One day at a time is all it takes!