Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-08, 15:21

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 385/285/235 Male 72 Inches
BF:
Progress: 67%

Worked out again today -

45 minutes or so on weights

Did assisted dips which were really tough!

Z-Squat

Sitting Calf Raises

Weighted Ab Crunches

Pectoral Machine

Seated Row

and 1 or 2 others I'm sure

Then 25 Minutes on the Elliptical - 300 Calories

2 minutes on a true stair step machine - This was weird and I was already whoooped haha

Before working out I did a BP test and a few other things

BP measured out to be

121 / 70

BMI - 36 - What does this mean?

Body Fat % - 23.3

61 Heart Rate at Rest

also signed up for my first of 3 Free Personal Training Sessions

Gonna let a pro draw me up a circuit to do regularly
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-08, 14:55

BF:

Worked out today - About an hour on weights

Then I did 30 minutes of that weird machine again. I kind of like it.. Its like your running but your not.. maybe an assisted run.

415 Calories burned in 30 minutes on this machine. Was proud of doing 30 minutes.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-08, 09:27

Plan: LC with CO
Stats: 479.6/475/299 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 3%

Should we just call you the Energizer Bunny now? I walked for 35 minutes last night...kept telling myself to walk faster because if Andy was here...he'd be telling me to. LOL

<3
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-08, 12:41

BF:

Hey its my Big Sis!!

Worked Out Today - Light Weights -

Bicep Curls - Tricep Extensions - Calf Raises

Then I did an ab workout where you hang from the machine and pull your legs up perpendicular to the ground. Wow that hurts - specially after doing abs the last two days. Only did like 5 of those. Gonna give my abs a rest tomorrow.

Now I'm going back to my first personal training session - I got 3 free ones with my gym sign-up.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-08, 14:37

BF:

So my personal trainer didn't like my nutrition " We are going to need to address that a lot "

And he was trying to talk me into a cheat day - But I doubt I will - Possibly a higher low carb day or couple days .. but not a cheat day.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-08, 22:18

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%
Cool it's a DRIVE-BY.. (wave)

Hi, Big SIS to Jess

So, its "ANDY" is it?

Its funny your trainer doesn't like the LC diet.. lots of bodybuilders etc do it. At least thru training. Hmm. good for you for sticking to your guns though.
I walked a trail today, out at the lake that I haven't done since my kids were little. OMg, thought I was gonna die. lol
Just thought I'd pop in and say Hello. check up on your progress. See, my progress is almost no existant so I live vicariously through you! KUTGW
This is my walking companion.
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-08, 13:54

Plan: LC with CO
Stats: 479.6/475/299 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default Yep, it's Andy

Hi Jody ...yep, I'm Andy's Big Sis, Jess.

I said the same thing about the trainer but even bodybuilders will usually have a cheat day - I read that somewhere (don't ask where). But I do LC for health and I don't want my cravings and blood sugar to get out of whack, so I'll just do my own thing. I recommend that to any LC Lifer...it's not called a WOL for nothing.

BTW, your walking buddy is cute! I need to see which of my neighbors has one I can borrow...I wouldn't mind being pulled by a furry friend on a leash from time to time.

Last edited by IndyJess : Fri, Sep-12-08 at 15:14.
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-08, 15:07

BF:

So I had my Second Session Today

Did 29 Pushups! Holy Cow

15 - pretty good ones - Then got 30 seconds to rest.. then the attempt of 15 more. I did pretty good.. then they started getting sloppy and i wasnt going down all the way. Stopped after 10 .. then was able to get back up pretty quick and do some more.. 4 exactly.

Then did 15x2 medicine ball squats

Then did 15x2 chest press while laying on the fitness ball - 20lb dumbbells in each hand.

Then 2 Lengths of Lungs probably about 120-150 feet with 20lb dumbbells in each hand

Then Cone Hops - Double Foot Jump over a cone forward - 15 of these.. Then the same jump sideways - 15 of those

Then 25x2 Crunches on the fitness ball

So I was pretty beat up after this

So I went did 31 minutes on my new favorite machine "Simulated Running Machine" burned 400 calories

who knows how many calories from the workout..

He wants me to start taking pyruvate - doing research now.

and a good thing.. He backed off my nutrition! He said if its working.. keep it up. Somehow I think he got the idea that I plateau'd but I have not.. showed him my graph.

Final Session on Monday

Doing Cardio this weekend .. if I have time.
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-08, 09:44

BF:

Nothing on Saturday - Going to try to get some cardio in today somehow someway
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-08, 18:40

BF:

28.10 Minutes on my New Machine - Had the resistance turned up pretty high this time.. in 4 minute intervals.

400 Calories - Quickest Time to 400 Calories

Geeze my thighs are soar though!

Last Personal Training Session tomorrow at 1130
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-08, 09:26

Plan: Optimal Ketogenic Living
Stats: 214.8/167.4/170 Female 5ft 6in
BF:restart 4/14-215
Progress: 106%

I have been so impressed with your weightloss this year. I was thinking there needed to be a special color for you after you went past 100lb lost, then you seemed to zoom right past the 125lb mark. Great job!

Thank you for noticing that I snuck in to Onederland today. I'm not as excited as I thought I would be. Maybe scared that I can't stay, I don't know.

When you started working out, did your weightloss slow down at all? The reason I ask is that I just started working out at home and the scale has been stuck at 200.0 to 200.6 for 2 weeks.
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-08, 10:24

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittenann
. I was thinking there needed to be a special color for you after you went past 100lb lost,

I thought that same thing Kittenann!
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-08, 11:38

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittenann
I have been so impressed with your weightloss this year. I was thinking there needed to be a special color for you after you went past 100lb lost, then you seemed to zoom right past the 125lb mark. Great job!

Thank you for noticing that I snuck in to Onederland today. I'm not as excited as I thought I would be. Maybe scared that I can't stay, I don't know.

When you started working out, did your weightloss slow down at all? The reason I ask is that I just started working out at home and the scale has been stuck at 200.0 to 200.6 for 2 weeks.

Yeah the 100 - 125 Zone was easy for me. Weird Thing - I was actually out of town the whole time. Luckily the friend I was staying with helped me out.. going to the gym 4 times a week ( most of the time ) and making me eat low/no carb at night. I had a protein shake and 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast.. then tried my best to be low carb during lunch. Typically was 10-15 chicken wings.. or a Salad or Beef Brisket/Misc Barbecue and Green Beans. I was pretty surprised at the results.. but I'd probably say it was from me being so active throughout the day. Now I'm not nearly as active and weightloss has slowed but I'm eating better and focusing more on intake calories. And burning more Calories.

Onederland is awesome. I'll probably never experience so I was happy to point out your milestone.. and even if it bounces back tomorrow.. You know you've been there and you will be back very soon.

We'll I've been doing some sort of fitness activity since probably 330lbs or so. I used to walk around a lake a couple miles from my house. Normally at least 4 miles a day - 4/5 times a week. Sometime 6 or once even 8 times. Each Time is a Mile. Then as I got smaller I started adding in some jogging. Maybe a minute or so during each mile. But Jogging at 300+ is hard to do, so I didnt always do that. But yes when I started lifting weights around 275 or so weight-loss did slow, but I think its more important to look at how your clothes fit and how you feel and carry yourself. I know when I've lost inches.. I just have an extra spring in my step and dont really realize it.

I'd say keep it up for another two weeks and just pay attention to you clothes. Do you have an outfit that is too tight or doesnt fit. Try it on once a week to track progress. If you dont.. go buy a shirt or a pair of pants that your are working on getting into.

As far as the new color for me.. Red is fine for now. Maybe a new color for 150! That's my ultimate goal this year.
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-08, 11:40

BF:

Last Personal Training Session Today -

Wasnt as high intensity as last time.

Reverse Crunches are Hard - Ouch

Did my running machine again - 30 minutes but with shorter strides to mimic a stair climber, that is what is cool about this machine.. I can stretch the strides out and it feels like jogging. or shorten them up and its like a stair stepper. Or you can alternate!

400 Calories
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-08, 13:20

BF:

Cardio Day

Did some stretching and 55-60 Crunches on the Exercise Ball.

Then 20minutes on the Arc Machine - 250 Calories

Then 20minutes on the Treadmill Climbed a hill in intervals .. incase you didnt know 3.5mph at 10% incline is tough!! luckily the interval would go down to 5.5 incline haha. Then at the end I ran on flat ground for about 2.5 minutes. I was sort of impressed with that considering.. it was towards the end of my session and I was pretty beat. I didnt let the machine calculate my calories this time for some reason. I'd say about 300 or so

Then 20 minutes on the Elliptical - 250 Calories

- 800 Calories