Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 19:54

Plan: Medi Weight Loss Pgm
Stats: 296.0/179.7/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 70%
Thumbs down Here's one....

OK...so at 250+ pounds you know I am BIG! But for some people they just don't see you, hear your and don't care to know you...

Yet the sleeze ball that you are sitting with (hasn't brushed their hair or teeth for days) has lot of people coming up to talk to them.

That I hate!

Dee

Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, May-28-02, 09:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile 250lbs...

Oh, to weigh only 250 pounds...

Dee, maybe it was easier for those folks to approach the dirty toothed person sitting next to you because she wasn't exuding the pride and confidence that you are now!

Donald
Attached Images
File Type: gif smileface12revolving.gif (11.0 KB, 122 views)
  #78   ^
Old Tue, May-28-02, 10:57

Plan: Low carb & some Keto
Stats: 276/251/140 Female 5 feet 1 inches
BF:43.5%/34%/23%
Progress: 18%

There are so many reasons that I hate being fat but right now the biggest reason that I hate being fat is that every time my nieces or nephews (they temporarily live with me) get mad at me, they say I'm a fat this or a fat that. I think it's emotionally harder when your family verbally attacts you, and it really cuts me to the bone.
  #79   ^
Old Tue, May-28-02, 15:49
Contributing Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/239/234 Female 5' 5" and a half!
BF:
Progress: 76%

Frodo2001, I don't know your entire situation, but it sure sounds very kind of you to have your neices and nephews living with you! I'm sorry they do not recognize your generosity.

However you can be sure that they see the success you've had with this WOL and certainly that is having a great impact on teaching them preserverance and goal setting.

Perhaps you are even helping to shape their young lives to become more tolerant and compassionate of others weaknesses...whatever they may be. You are playing a big role in their lives right now and you should be commended.

I know its tough, but keep up the great job and hang in there!
  #80   ^
Old Tue, May-28-02, 17:39

Plan: Medi Weight Loss Pgm
Stats: 296.0/179.7/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 70%
Smile This and that

Thanks Donald for the kind words. I really appreciate them. I hope I don't grow blinders as I grow thinner.

Frodo, It is the people who are close to us that can hurt us the most. I feel for you. Keep in mind that no one likes change...especially when someone start improving themself while others around them stay at the status quo. I am dealing with this with someone at work. I tell myself that the other person is being petty and is jealous. Keep on track sooner or later (hopefully sooner) your weight loss will become status quo and the family will quiet.

Dee

#81   ^
Old Tue, May-28-02, 22:46

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 269/176/165 Male 68"
BF:55+%/23%/15%
Progress: 89%
Talking ooops!

Today I made a big mistake. I took my bike the eight miles to work (third time in three days) and forgot my belt with my packed clothing. All day long I was pulling up my pants and people were making comments about needing a smaller pair of pants...they are the smallest I have! Actually, even though there were some crude and rude comments made about me, it was kind of encouraging that some people noticed how much thinner I'm becoming. But, you should see me in my old (18 years old!) triathalon biking clothes! I look like an overstuffed bratwurst that's been cooked on the grill and is ready to explode...some people even laughed at me from the confines of their cars...HA! At least I was out there doing it!
  #82   ^
Old Thu, May-30-02, 06:41

Stats: 473/332/190 Male 75.6
BF:

Good for you cap!

I am jealous that your clothes are loose!

Mine are soo tight at the moment
  #83   ^
Old Thu, May-30-02, 06:45

BF:
Default What I hate about obesity!

I am very heavy, and one thing that I have noticed is how I feel.

I never 'feel' good. I'm not talking emotional highs, I'm talking physical high.

Now that I have gained all this weight, my body has less feeling in it.

I am 26, and shouldn't be experiencing forms of impotence, but my sex drive is rock bottom.

I gotta get out of my body!

LC_Dave
  #84   ^
Old Thu, May-30-02, 07:13
Contributing Member

Stats: 255/239/234 Female 5' 5" and a half!
BF:
Progress: 76%

Hang in there Dave! I felt soooo bad just 9 1/2 weeks ago. I mean, my body was yelling at me. Everything hurt. I wobbled! I mean I had a hard time walking, especially in the morning. And I didn't feel like doing anything.

Read DRWolf's posts about how good he feels! And he looks amazing. He's such an inspiration to all of us. You look adorable in your post pic. --- so just imagine, in a few weeks you'll be feeling GREAT again.

It's incredible that in such a short time I feel so good. And you are so young. A big bonus for you. I know after 2 - 3 weeks on Atkins I felt a complete difference. You will too.

Good luck.
  #85   ^
Old Thu, May-30-02, 08:10

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Post LCDave...it's time...

OK, LCDave...now I have to do my bit as a Mentor....

The decision to make a full on commitment to LCing can only be made by you, for you. I know this all too well. And judging from your recent posts regarding "frame of mind", I know that you know this too.

I also know that you attempted Atkins several months ago and that you did not run a full and successful Induction...which led to more problems with the WOE and then you disappeared from the forum.

Lately, you've dropped in on us again here and there and clearly things are not getting better for you in this regard. Your stats are up, you're not feeling well, you have no energy and even your sex drive has bottomed out. I'm speaking to all of these things because I have dealt with all of these isues myself. And I have about 16 years on you, so my aches and pains were even worse! Still I chose to deny.

When you finally hit bottom, we're here to help you. If you'll just get organized, pick up some suppliments and plan for a clean 2 week Induction, you WILL feel better and be on the road to better health! Those pants that are uncomfortable (you know they are) will become so loose that you'll need something smaller. You'll have more energy, confidence and your sex drive will reappear.

Will this all happen over night? No. But I'm willing to bet that if you make a commitment to yourself and give this WOE even just 2 months, you'll find yourself feeling SO much better.

But understand, I'm talking about TOTAL commitment. I don't care if you have an office party to go to where food will be served. Or any other social engagements that might trip you up. If so, plan for them. Educate yourself, Prepare. Start shopping wisely and planning in advance....let nothing get in your way.

I hope you don't mind that I posted this in a public forum. But we need to get you back to posting in your journal so we can all offer encouragement and more personalized support.

Think it over. I suspect you're worth the effort.

Donald

P.S. And BTW, there are many other men in this forum who have lost as much or more weight than I have. Look at szar, zoom, ketosis kid, captxray, dankar just to name a few...
Attached Images
File Type: gif computerguy.gif (4.5 KB, 99 views)

Last edited by DWRolfe : Thu, May-30-02 at 10:33.
  #86   ^
Old Thu, May-30-02, 08:30

Plan: Rich's New Diet
Stats: 532/395/300 Male 6"6"
BF:
Progress: 59%

Hi Dave I hope you come to this Forum.

First off we have missed you, but are glad to see you Posting again.

Like Donald said it takes a Major comitment in our lives to change. I have a lot of Issues I'm dealing with right now, so I have to get back on track.

The reason I hate being over weight is when I get up in the Morning I Feel Like Crap. When I go to bed at night. I Feel Like Crap. Being over 500 pounds and with a Bad Back really Limits me to a lot of things I would Love to do with my Family that I just can't do.

I've Dropped around 40 pounds so far and i realize I have a Long way to go, but I know I can do it. When I go to a Family event and I know there will be a lot of Carbs at the meal were going to have "Such as a Birthday Party" I will eat before I go. That really seems to help get through it.

Just Remember Dave you have a Ton of Friends here that want to be there for you at anytime. Take Care and God Bless
  #87   ^
Old Thu, May-30-02, 09:35

Talking Ditto!

LC Dave! I second what has been said by DWRolfe and qcchevyman. It's taken me almost nine months to lose this fifty or so pounds. I feel so much better, I can't begin to tell you how good it feels. I'm fifty five. When I was thirty-seven I went on Weight Watchers, even became a lecturer, and lost 117 pounds in a little over a year. I've learned that this WOE is better for me than the low fat way, so I've done my body a favor by going back to the basics of human nutrition. My body metabolism has slowed tremendously since then. I got into triathalons and was a true athelete for about three years. Then, I quit being vigilant and it slowly crept back up to where it was nine months ago. I still have about fifty-five more pounds to go. It isn't hard, anymore, but I still must remain vigilant and committed. When you feel tempted to take "just that one bite" of a forbidden food, remember how much better you will feel about yourself when the wieght is down and your pants are falling off (like mine!)...when the reason you need a belt is to actually hold your pants up! I am not here to tell you what WOE to go on. That is strictly up to you...Atkins is a major improvement to the lives of millions of people, worldwide. Now the big "however." However, the reason I went on Neanderthin (or a paleo diet) is because there is no counting, no measuring, only eating leafy green veggies, nuts, seeds, meat, fish, berries, fruit, and extra virgin olive oil...a few other things are allowed to make your diet interesting, but that's about it. It is so simple...not much thinking is involved. Because of its simplicity (not necessarily easy, just simple), there are much fewer tempations and the cravings leave in about five to seven days...no cravings!...for anything except a good salad or a piece of fruit. NO KIDDING!

The main thing about this, though, is to stick to whatever plan you chose and the weight will begin to come off. Nine months seems like a long time to me to lose fifty pounds. However, I've lost fifty pounds! That's about, what (?), 5 1/2 pounds a month...about a pound a week...not much in the short run, but looking back...a lot, now! I figure I have at least a year to lose the rest of the 107 pounds total (57 pounds, now). But, what difference does the time actually make? This is a Way of Eating, not a "Diet." It is a Way of Life. I will never go back to my old WOE...NEVER! It's a mindset! When you are truly committed, you will just "feel" it. You will "know." Remember, once the weight is gone, you will want to keep it off. That's the "Way of Life" part. Otherwise, you will be like I was and it will come back and you will be even more unhealthy than you are now...I talk from experience...For about 45 of my 55 years, I have been a perpetual dieter, rarely losing weight, but being miserable about my weight. NO MORE!
  #88   ^
Old Thu, May-30-02, 09:57

Talking And something else...

I just thought of a couple more things...think of the fat loss as if it were butter...or margarine...each pound of fat is equivalent to four cubes of butter, or two tubs of margarine! That means I could have four hundred cubes of butter up against the wall, stacked up, for my fifty pounds! Or how about 100 tubs of margarine against the same wall?! That's a LOT OF FAT!

Another thing...my brother gave this advise to me when I told him I had "tried" to do Atkins 3 times before and it never really worked. He said, "Ray, you will need to make a commitment to stay on the diet for at least 90 days...if no weight loss in the 90 days, then maybe it isn't for you and you should see your doctor." I decided to take his advise and challenge. In the the 90 days I had lost about 20 pounds! Not spectacular, but 20 pounds less than I weighed when I started. I've been on very long plateaus...the last one has been over twelve weeks..actually, during that time, I lost only two pounds...but, it's still coming off...very , very slowly. So what? I'm never going back to my OWOE, so it will come off eventually. Commitment...if you look at it like a "diet" you will probably fail. You will probably succeed if you change your mindset to this being a WOE and a WOL. This "advice" does me good, too. It puts my WOL back into perspective to ME. I get discouraged, too. Thanks for being there to ask the questions and participate. Even DWRolfe needs our inspiration. Otherwise, he wouldn't be posting on this site. Right, everybody?
  #89   ^
Old Thu, May-30-02, 12:56
Registered Member

Stats: 278/255/150
BF:
Progress: 18%

My reasons for why I hate being fat....

1. I go to a convention every yr and every yr I cannot sit in those darn lil chairs. I am so very uncomfortable. So this yr, I will not only fit in those lil chairs but will be comfortable...

2. The feeling of not being good enough to have nice clothes.
3. The worry of weight limits when i enter and elevator or go on a ride. I always find myself mentally adding up everyones weight, just to be on the safe side.
3. wearing a bathing suite..omg. need i say more.
  #90   ^
Old Fri, May-31-02, 08:25

BF:
Default Thanks everyone!

Thanks everyone, for your kind and encouraging words!

Yes, I ahve been struggling mentally with all this for the last 6 months.

I'll keep you all in touch with my attempt at Atkins.

And I'll come back to the board for more inspiration!

Dave