Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-08, 09:28
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbUgh
It is fast and easy, Judy, Just mix powdered milk, water and a couple of tablespoons of plain yogurt and put it in the maker. I just plug that in and let it run all night then take the canister out and put it in the fridge.

I have one of these

Considering that Greek yogurt costs about $1.50 per cup, it was a very good investment.

Good idea!!

Too bad for me that I have zero space in my kitchen as its one of those teeny tiny NY kitchens with no counter space at all!! I can't even have a food processor which is what I'd get if I had space!!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-08, 11:42

Plan: hflc
Stats: 232/200/140 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Hello, So I am now in week eight. I still can't beleive its sticking. Fridays are my weigh day so I am happy to report another loss of 1.7 lb. I will post it on the board next week. So today I ate chili for lunch for the fifth day in a row. Somehow it still tastes good to me. Anyone have a recipe that I can make this weekend to last me through my next work week? I know there are a ton on the boards, but I'm wondering from personal experience if there are any suggestions?
  #63   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-08, 11:51
one day at a time

Plan: south beach
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 20%

Judy, I'm glad that the Dannon Carb Control is low fat because I refuse to give that up!!!!! It is the only yogurt that doesn't hurt my stomach (I'm not lactose intolerant--but yogurt just doesn't often sit well with me).
  #64   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-08, 13:20
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmr410
Hello, So I am now in week eight. I still can't beleive its sticking. Fridays are my weigh day so I am happy to report another loss of 1.7 lb. I will post it on the board next week. So today I ate chili for lunch for the fifth day in a row. Somehow it still tastes good to me. Anyone have a recipe that I can make this weekend to last me through my next work week? I know there are a ton on the boards, but I'm wondering from personal experience if there are any suggestions?

Way to go on your continued weight loss!!

I do the same with chilis too ....but it does get old after a few weeks of it.
this is my Italian version of a chili but no beansand no chilis.
I took 2 lbs of ground turkey and chicken and browned it all up then drained and set aside. While it was browning, I took:
1 large sweet onion sliced thin,
1 lb sliced white mushrooms and
3 smallish zucchinis sliced into thin 1/2 moon shaped.
I sauteed all of this in EVOO, 5-6 fresh grated garlic cloves and 1 tsp crushed red pepper.
As the veggies are cooking, I added in the following:
1 TBS oregano,
1 TBS basil
1 tsp hot paprika
3 bay leaves
When the veggies all cooked down into their own juices, I added in all the ground meats, 1 26 oz jar of a good tomato sauce, no sugar added....and a small can of tomato paste.

I allowed this to simmer over low heat for about 1 hour....yummmmer!!! I'll get about 4-6 meals from this one pot.

Yes, sass....they'll have to pry it from my fingers, I love it too.
  #65   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-08, 19:32
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 240/203.4/145 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 39%

No wheat today.

Breadfast: Turkey Bacon, eggs, and canteloupe.

Lunch: skipped it (again)

Dinner: Went out salad w/ Caesar dressing, imitation crab salad, small pc of steak, small pc of baked tilapia, pinto beans, 1 brussell sprout (they were tough) and water

I've got to drink some more water this evening, but all in all an ok day.

Let's see if I'm ransacking the kitchen at midnight
  #66   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-08, 21:19
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb1959
No wheat today.

Breadfast: Turkey Bacon, eggs, and canteloupe.

Lunch: skipped it (again)

Dinner: Went out salad w/ Caesar dressing, imitation crab salad, small pc of steak, small pc of baked tilapia, pinto beans, 1 brussell sprout (they were tough) and water

I've got to drink some more water this evening, but all in all an ok day.

Let's see if I'm ransacking the kitchen at midnight

Good job on the "no wheat".

Skipping meals, as you already know, not so good.
Also, keep in mind that there is nothig wrong with saving something for a late night snack!! I've always done this as I'm a late night girl. I saved my daily nut serving and or 2 nsa fudgsicles. 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with a cut up tomato is another good late night snack, as is a cheese stick.

Really, it could be just about anything!!
  #67   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-08, 07:03
Registered Member

Stats: 240/203.4/145 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 39%

Well, my kitchen was safe last night. I didn't attack at midnight.

I didn't eat wheat, and I didn't eat yougurt and strawberries, both of which I've been doing on a regular basis.

I did eat cantaloupe yesterday, and this was the first time I've had it since I started SB. I didn't see any negative effects from it.

I'm anxious to see how today goes.

Debi
  #68   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-08, 09:47
Attitude is a Choice

Whats wrong with yogurt and strawberries?
thats a very good combo!!!

You did great yesterday!!

Please try to keep eating your snacks as the meal plan suggests. They were not an option in phase I and they can sure be a help in the starts of phase II. I still eat my snacks as my days are filled with mini meals.
  #69   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-08, 13:55
Attitude is a Choice

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=378850

New weekly check in and weighin!!
  #70   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-08, 10:44

Stats: 299/267/170 Male 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 25%

I'll just quickly check in and out and make my entrance in the other thread.

I lost 4 lbs at the end of the week and I don't know how I did it except for sticking with the plan a majority of the week. Saturday we had two outdoor parties and I only had 1 light beer and one regular one during both parties. 2.5 brats and one burger with cheese. No buns, either.

That was week 3 of SB, now starting week 4.
  #71   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-08, 10:52
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'll just quickly check in and out and make my entrance in the other thread.

I lost 4 lbs at the end of the week and I don't know how I did it except for sticking with the plan a majority of the week. Saturday we had two outdoor parties and I only had 1 light beer and one regular one during both parties. 2.5 brats and one burger with cheese. No buns, either.

That was week 3 of SB, now starting week 4.

Welcome Roadman!!

Brats? care to share which kind and if there are ingredients in them that are not are on the allowed food lists? Lt beer is a for phase I and beyond. Sorry!!!
  #72   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-08, 11:04

Stats: 299/267/170 Male 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
Welcome Roadman!!

Brats? care to share which kind and if there are ingredients in them that are not are on the allowed food lists? Lt beer is a for phase I and beyond. Sorry!!!

Actually, according to the SB Diet Supercharged, in Phase II one light beer occasionally is ok, just occasionally. I'm on Phase II. I know in the first book only red wine was allowed.

Edit-- You are right about the brats, not a good choice on Phase II or any phase for that matter. I didn't have many choices between brats, hot dogs and cheeseburgers. If I had to do it all over again, I'd choose hamburgers. I had that option at the second party, but not the first one.

Live and learn, thanks for the advice.

Last edited by roadman : Mon, Jul-28-08 at 15:20.
  #73   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-08, 00:20

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Well hello all....my first day on South Beach was a bust... Breakfast went well and I felt good...but lunch welll I didn't feel like cooking so I had an ounce of cashews........an ounce turned into the whole can....knowing good and well I cannot eat an ounce of nuts I avoid them.... Oh well we live and learn and tomorrow will be a new day....new start with salad veggies to eat....

Thanks to everyone who has helped me to get started. Still waiting on my grill...but will definitely do things better tomorrow since the cashews are gone! Congrats to everyone else on their success !

TJ
  #74   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-08, 06:04

Plan: Weight Watchers/S Beach
Stats: 201/195.8/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Are these 2 different threads? They both keep coming up on my computer but the dates are different. Just checking to see which one I should be on.
  #75   ^
Old Tue, Jul-29-08, 07:19
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeweeaka
Well hello all....my first day on South Beach was a bust... Breakfast went well and I felt good...but lunch welll I didn't feel like cooking so I had an ounce of cashews........an ounce turned into the whole can....knowing good and well I cannot eat an ounce of nuts I avoid them.... Oh well we live and learn and tomorrow will be a new day....new start with salad veggies to eat....

Thanks to everyone who has helped me to get started. Still waiting on my grill...but will definitely do things better tomorrow since the cashews are gone! Congrats to everyone else on their success !

TJ

Hey TJ!
Post to us in this weeks thread....link a few posts up.^
I have the same issue with cashews...I can't have them in my home either. Once in a while, I'll buy a 1 oz bag when I'm out running around. When you plan your meals better, you won't run into this again.