Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, May-13-08, 07:48

Plan: Atkins/ME
Stats: 145/140/130 Female 5'6"
BF:?
Progress: 33%

OK, I am losing the carbs once again.................going to high fat it and see what happens..............this might be a tough withdrawal after all the crap I have eaten...........Here we go
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, May-13-08, 07:49

Plan: Atkins/ME
Stats: 145/140/130 Female 5'6"
BF:?
Progress: 33%

I just read back a few posts and it is a little scary that some are gaining. In the past I have had luck with high fat, but each time I re-start, it wigs me out to be eating so much fat .

Does anyone have any ideas why some gain??? I keep going back to dairy, but I do not want to give it up.

I read a bit earlier about some adding a little more veggie carbs??? I might try that.........I always tend to go as close to zero as possible (which with my wine and cream, I DO generate extra carbs , just not the healthy ones) so, I am gonna play with this and try to find something that works.

I just LOVE MY DAIRY. It really makes this easier (and more fun), but I just need to figure out if it is a staller for me.

Well, good luck everyone!!!! WE can do this!!
  #48   ^
Old Tue, May-13-08, 08:07

Plan: M&E
Stats: 199/147.5/120 Female 61in
BF:
Progress: 65%

hi cw..i just went back on hf last week. i;ve lost 5 lbs in 7 days..i have 2 cups of coffee with my 2tbs heavy cream and 2 slenda ever morning...i eat 1 cup of salad or veg ever night...maybe we work on this togeather......i did just have my gain green appendex removed 4 weeks ago..since then i've realy had to force my self to eat..but i do..port
  #49   ^
Old Tue, May-13-08, 08:09

Plan: LC
Stats: 248.4/245.4/170 Female 5' 6 "
BF:
Progress: 4%

Well, I have been trying to up my protein and the highest I've gotten so far is 64% (should be between 96% and 120%. Also had to up my carbs. I've been very tired and listless and read somewhere that I probably need to up my carbs. Still don't feel all that much better, but I'm diabetic so it just could be that, who knows.

My biggest problem is still the same, not getting enough of anything - Calories, protein, carbs - I just get full too fast. I know my body probably thinks it's starving - although I eat until I'm full and stop and you'd think this would be okay. I've been eating good stuff - chicken thighs, 2 egg omelets fried in butter heavy cream, tuna salad, egg salad, bacon, frozen mixed vegetables stir fried in olive oil, cucumbers slices w/full fat ranch dressing. I make this hamburger casserole with cheese and bacon bits and top it w/sour cream and salsa. So I think the things I'm eating are okay, just can't get those calories up. I have been forgetting to eat coconut oil, though, which ups my fat and calories.
  #50   ^
Old Tue, May-13-08, 08:28

Plan: keto ancestral/IF
Stats: 330/189/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I do know that for me, dairy is a huge issue. Doesn't mean it will be for you - but for me it is.

When I was having trouble not losing (not gaining, just not losing), it was a calories issue. As soon as I started weighing my portions on a kitchen scale, that issue went away and I started losing again. I also find that for me, the slightly higher carbs, higher protein on PPLP does seem to work better with my body - but they are veggie carbs (I am eating essentially only paleo foods) and some berries. I am not eating dairy or franken foods - and at the end of the day, my net carbs still wind up somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 grams net a day. I would strongly suggest reading PPLP before you make this jump so you understand why you are doing this if you do it - but one of the main reasons I chose to do it had to do with the antioxidants allowed with the more veggies.

In PPLP, Eades does allow any and all carbs as long as they are around 7-10 grams net per meal - however, it is a case of know yourself (and also a case of how much nutrition you want to give yourself with the carbs you choose) - and I just can't see choosing carbs from sources I know will make myself sick (gluten/dairy) or make my insulin spike (sugar/honey/fructose/starch), which is why I've been choosing just veggies and berries.

Oh - since I switched to PPLP, I also feel really good, too - my energy is way up. Elimination is regular. I was feeling well on Atkins, but now I am feeling really great (except for super soreness from my new workout).

In the end, I think it is optimizing whatever works for you - we all have different chemistry and different things work for each of us. This is working for me now - if things change, I'll change it up again.
  #51   ^
Old Tue, May-13-08, 12:22

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamlynn
Well, I have been trying to up my protein and the highest I've gotten so far is 64% (should be between 96% and 120%. Also had to up my carbs. I've been very tired and listless and read somewhere that I probably need to up my carbs. Still don't feel all that much better, but I'm diabetic so it just could be that, who knows.

You're trying to up your PROTEIN to 64%? Do you mean 64 GRAMS?

Cwgirl, not everyone is gaining. Many people lose ONLY when they RAISE their fat intake. I dropped 5 pounds my first week. I suspect I gained back a tad because of some higher carb "indulgences" (that's another word for STUPIDITY!). Not much, but over the weekend I had a large bowl of potato chips (don't even like potato chips), 1 chocolate chip cookie, and probably 10 water crackers. So, not a huge blow-out, but the carbs definitely add water weight.
  #52   ^
Old Tue, May-13-08, 12:49

Plan: Atkins -- high fat
Stats: 172/154/136 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Anne and Bawdy, don't feel bad. My goodness. I am Queen of falling off the wagon. If we were perfect, we'd have halos. (Well, I have one, but it's a little askew. )
  #53   ^
Old Tue, May-13-08, 13:07

BF:

I think my halo slipped WAY down. It's now acting as a spare tire around my middle.

Sheesh.
  #54   ^
Old Tue, May-13-08, 13:15

BF:

Bawdy you are so funny!

As long as we're being honest, yesterday someone brought in chocolate chip cookies. My favorite! So I had one. The bad thing was, they weren't home made, they were store bought, so that made it worse.

On top of that, last night I was visiting with friends, and someone brought chicolate covered cashews. Milk chocolate, not even dark. I kept scarfing them down, and finally just had to get up and leave.

So I hear you.
  #55   ^
Old Tue, May-13-08, 13:45

BF:

Hey, if we can't be honest here, where CAN we be honest?

Case in point: DH has no clue what I weigh. Never has, never will. Unless I ever get down to 118!
  #56   ^
Old Tue, May-13-08, 15:00

Plan: LC
Stats: 248.4/245.4/170 Female 5' 6 "
BF:
Progress: 4%

Oops, yep I meant grams to between 96 gr. and 120 gr. and only managed on my highest day to make it to 64 grams.
  #57   ^
Old Tue, May-13-08, 15:05

BF:

I've always believed in a little mystery between husband and wife! It keeps romance alive!

I remember reading a book by the actress Angela Lansbury, and she said, your husband should never see you on the toilet or struggling into a pair of pantyhose. He doesn't need to see everything. Keep some mystery!
  #58   ^
Old Tue, May-13-08, 15:18

Plan: keto ancestral/IF
Stats: 330/189/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 74%

My scale has a "memory" on it - so the last measured weight is out there for everyone to see. No darn mystery about weight in our house. Stupid thing.
  #59   ^
Old Tue, May-13-08, 15:22

Plan: Gluten free wholefoods
Stats: 173/145/147 Female 5"4.5 inches
BF:37/?/25
Progress: 108%

Opops I was stuck on the wrong thread there!

Hello all.
  #60   ^
Old Tue, May-13-08, 15:23

BF:

Glad you found us Scarlet!