Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, May-19-08, 13:40

Plan: Atkins/Southbeach
Stats: 315/225/200 Male 73
BF:17.6%
Progress: 78%
Default 239!

I posted this in another thread I started about the scale, but since this has kind of become my unofficial journal I gotta mention it here.

I weighed in at 239 this morning at the gym after my upper body workout! THAT'S 76LBS! Next goal 229 and those 36 jeans!

I had a good victory yesterday. I took the family to Dollywood for the day and I found some good low-carb options. I always carry a backpack with some bottled water....and for a snack, there's a home made pork rind stand in the park that makes the best freshest pork rinds ever. I also found some great smoked chicken at a BBQ stand just across from the Eagle Habitat and the bird show for a great low-carb lunch.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, May-20-08, 05:46

Plan: Mod Atkins
Stats: 170/162/110 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 13%

Cleave,

Congrats on the weight loss.

Good for you, you were able to find lots of low carb options. And for bringing your own just in case.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, May-28-08, 09:12

Default Feeling Slim

It's been kind of a weird week since hitting 239. I've gotten on the scale a couple of times and I've been hovering around 240, so I don't know if I'm going to lose this week or not. I'm about due for a brief stabilization anyway.

Food wise....All has been good, except over the holiday weekend beer consumption went up along with salty snacks like nuts and pork rinds. My workouts are going well but I haven't found any extra time for the bicycle and my cardio has been limited to one 35min session on the treadmill at the gym on Sunday. I'm blaming it on the end of school, dance recitals, end of soccer.....just been busy with a lot of the kids activities lately and our after work evenings and weekends have been really busy.

All that being said.......I feel really good today. The slacks I'm wearing are 38's and they are really loose! I did wear a pair of 36 slacks last week but they were still pretty tight. But I just feel good and slim today. You ever have those days when your clothes just fit so right? I'm having one of those days.

The weekend was good too. I saw a lot of people at the opening of our pool that I hadn't seen since last fall and I got a lot of compliments which is good for the ego.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, May-29-08, 06:52

BF:

Cleave,

I'm feeling thinner too not quite slim yet, but least I'm getting there. I just love that feeling.

I normally go through where I'll drop a few pounds & stop for a few weeks then drop a couple more pounds & stop again. It seems like I never drop a pound or maybe I just don't notice.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, May-30-08, 10:46

BF:

Hi Cleave
I just posted a reply to you in my journal. You should start a journal or ask the moderator if she can move this thread to the Journal threads.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Jun-14-08, 13:56

Default 36 Pants!!!

ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!

Just got back from the mall. The wifey took me shopping for Fathers Day. She said all my pants were too big and I had to get some that fit. I'm now wearing size 36 pants and they FIT. Not tight but just right! WooHoo!!

Oh, and I weighed 234 this morning!

Freak'n Awesome!
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Jun-14-08, 18:50

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 165/129/130 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 103%

Congrats! What a great fathers day gift
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Jun-14-08, 20:29

Plan: Meat and Veggies
Stats: 277/259.9/190 Male 185
BF:
Progress: 20%

That's inspirational Cleave. I hope to make down to that size in the near future. I'm working on it.
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-08, 07:22

Plan: LC
Stats: 248.4/245.4/170 Female 5' 6 "
BF:
Progress: 4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleave
ALRIGHT!!!!!!!!

Just got back from the mall. The wifey took me shopping for Fathers Day. She said all my pants were too big and I had to get some that fit. I'm now wearing size 36 pants and they FIT. Not tight but just right! WooHoo!!

Oh, and I weighed 234 this morning!

Freak'n Awesome!

That is Awesome. Your weight loss journey is great to watch. I can't wait to have to go shopping. Right now my clothes are getting looser, but not to the point where I have to buy new ones.

Keep up the good work, you inspire us all.
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-08, 08:01

BF:

Cleave,

Congrats on losing 5 pounds. I love cloth shopping after losing weight.
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-08, 09:18

Default 230 and updating my life

I haven't updated in a while but finally got around to putting some progress/comparison shots together.

So....here I am on vacation in 2005 - over 300lbs in St Martin.

Like most fat people I stayed away from the camera for most of 2007 while at my heaviest but I've got another vacation pic from Dec 2006 in Hawaii. About 315lbs.

And here we are July 20 2008 after 10 moonths and twenty days of low-carbing and working out...230lbs and getting ready to go to the pool!

I've really been focused on weight lifting lately. My diet continues to go well. I've added in a few carbs to aid with my lifting. Not much, but I'm eating oatmeal for breakfast 3 days a week and some yogurt.
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-08, 10:23

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Hey Cleave,

I just noticed thius thread and read through it. You've really achieved so much! I was noticing all the fun things you've been doing (swim, treadmill, bike) - is there a triathlon in the future?

Janine
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-08, 06:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschwab
Hey Cleave,

I just noticed thius thread and read through it. You've really achieved so much! I was noticing all the fun things you've been doing (swim, treadmill, bike) - is there a triathlon in the future?

Janine

Thanks Janine,

I don't know about a triathalon but I'm kind of thinking about some kind of organized sport this fall. Maybe Rugby or Hockey. We'll see.
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-08, 09:05

BF:

Hey Cleave,

Wow, you look amazing you don't even look like the same person well maybe the younger brother. So that explains why we haven't heard from you in a while.
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Jul-22-08, 08:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiemk
Hey Cleave,

Wow, you look amazing you don't even look like the same person well maybe the younger brother. So that explains why we haven't heard from you in a while.

I had a physical last week and my numbers were great. My Dr was very happy with my results. I've been fortunate to have a great support system and a wife that has helped to build a low-carb household so I'm not doing it alone.

Emotionally I'm doing great. Thanks for the compliments. You can't measure the value of a compliment to your ego and how it helps with the momentum of your diet. Like I said back on the first page. It's so hard when someone in the "really big" range is getting started because it takes so long to get that momentum. If your 300lbs or more it might take 50lbs for others as well as yourself to really notice and feel better.

I'm at a point where I'm struggling to lose. But I'm lifting heavy weight 3 days a week and riding my bike two days a week. I won the "Biggest Loser" contest that we had at work and when it ended I vowed to stay off the scale for a while. I got to where I was weighing every day or two and that's just not healthy for me. My goals have changed slightly. I still want to lose, but I want to be strong and fit. My goal is to be the fittest of all my friends, the fittest of all the other dads, the strongest and fittest 42 year old of my peers.

One of my best friends called me last night during my Pilates class. I called him back when I got in the car. He said "what are you doing?" I said, "just leaving the gym, I did the Pilates class tonight." he said "damn, I'm at Hooters drinking a beer."

Nuff Said.