Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Apr-15-08, 21:23
Registered Member

Plan: modified kk
Stats: 340/340/180 Female 5ft 4 in
BF:
Progress:

I tried this this past weekend and it was good. My crust wasn't crispy though. My mom even like it (better than I did) and wants me to make it again-like soon. She's even low carbing with me for 2 weeks......so far it's been 2 days
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-08, 19:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/176/155 Female 5ft 7in
BF:33%
Progress: 66%

Cleochatra, you are only an hour South of me, and I think you need to open a LC Cafe'/Store!!!! Puhleeze!!!! Pretty please? I am so excited to have LC options that don't include weird gluey flours!
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-08, 20:12
Great seller! A+++++

Plan: mine
Stats: 123/456/789 Female 2'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

You are very sweet!!!

I would love to do that. It would be totally fun!
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-08, 20:42

Yeah, I actually have always wanted to open a bakery or at least a cupcake bakery, and now I'm thinking it would be so cool to open a cupcake bakery that specializes in the special... like tons of flavors of regular cupcakes, cheesecake cupcakes, low fat cupcakes, low carb cupcakes, specific allergy free cupcakes and doggie cupcakes. Wouldn't that be great? All the people out there deprived of cupcakes could unite in one beautiful cupcake heaven! LOL!
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-08, 21:31
Great seller! A+++++

BF:

Here are some crepes I made today (can't help with the cupcakes yet, but tomorrow I have something special)!

The recipe is on my blog. I almost posted it, but this is a pizza thread!

As an aside, wait until you see some of the new things you can do with the cauliflower crust! I'll have those soon.
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-08, 21:38

Sheesh Cleochatra! How much time and money do you spend perfecting recipes? Those crepes look incredible... if I EVER get done with induction, I am SOOO there!
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-08, 22:08
Great seller! A+++++

BF:

OMG. You should hear about the ones that DON'T turn out. I almost set my oven on fire a month ago trying to make oopsie croutons. They tasted like BUTT.

Moneywise, I don't spend much. We eat this stuff. Even if it takes me a week! Well, save for the stuff that tastes like butt.

You can totally have the crepes if you nix the berries. The cream, you're allowed 3 ounces a day on induction. everything else (save for the berries) are legal.
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-08, 22:50

Thumbs up

Okay, I think it's definitely a good idea to nix anything that tastes like butt. And I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt as to how you determined what it tastes like, LOL!

I did make your cauliflower breadsticks and I loved them! Yay! Even more than the oopsies, which I have yet to perfect but adored as the bread-like substance surrounding my tuna fish sandwich But anyway, despite the fact that my husband watched me making and eating my cauliflower breadsticks and nearly puked on me at the thought, I enjoyed these little buggers in a very unholy way. So thanks for slaving away in the kitchen to create them. My tummy salutes you.
  #39   ^
Old Tue, May-06-08, 21:20

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 196/165/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashaskye
despite the fact that my husband watched me making and eating my cauliflower breadsticks and nearly puked on me at the thought

my DF is the same way, then I leave some floating around and he tries - then he's hooked
  #40   ^
Old Sat, May-10-08, 07:22

Stats: 198/182.0/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 42%

Cleo, I can't even thank you enough for posting all of your recipes!

TG I found this site. I was getting bored with the same old low carb stuff. I was just about ready to quit. Now I can eat my fav's and stay on my program!!! YAY!!!
  #41   ^
Old Sat, May-10-08, 09:07
Great seller! A+++++

BF:

Sierra! I am so glad you've found some recipes that are helping you! I have a lot more at the blog that I haven't posted here yet. I need to make more nacho chips.
  #42   ^
Old Sat, May-10-08, 18:15
Registered Member

Plan: Neocarnivore
Stats: 375/345/250 Male 74 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

I thought I should report the mistakes I made while trying to make Cauli-pizza.

I shredded some cauli, intending to cook it, but instead I put in the egg. Don't ask me why. So I went ahead and put in the cheese, and since it was already in a pan, I thought, why don't I cook it in the pan and then it will be round.

This worked fairly well, but since it was a pan instead of a skillet, it was difficult to turn, but I finally got it. So now I had a nice, golden brown pizza crust with partly cooked cauli in it.

Then I had some unshredded cauli left over, so I made a second batch, this time cooking the cauli first, then mixing the cheese and egg into the pan and browning it.

Browning it in a pan seems like a good idea.

Then I went to put on toppings and found that my jar of sauce had long since turned into a science experiment. Plus I was out of onions, no sweet peppers, just some pepperoni and a block of white cheddar. I had used the other half of my shredded mozzarella on the second pizza, so I tried to grate the cheese in my new fancy food processor.

This caused about $4 worth of Cabots "Seriously Sharp" cheddar to form a thin greasy layer on the inside of my new food processor. I scraped off chunks and distributed them around the pizzas.

Finally I browned up some sausage and put that on, and it turned out pretty good. Tasted good, held up about 50% as good as pizza. I think with a little practice browning it in a pan it will work really good.

Then some day I can get crazy and actually follow directions.
  #43   ^
Old Sat, May-10-08, 20:32
Great seller! A+++++

BF:

LOL! You are cool, man.
  #44   ^
Old Sun, May-11-08, 10:39

Plan: paleoish
Stats: 215/180/155 Female 5' 11"
BF:too much
Progress: 58%

Tried this yesterday. Turned out surprisingly better than I expected. Smelled like cauliflower, but didn't taste like it. Hubby even liked it and he's hard to please. Thanks for sharing it! Next time I'm going to try the zucchini version.
  #45   ^
Old Sun, May-11-08, 11:21

Plan: I'm a Barry Girl
Stats: 250/208/190 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 70%

The cauli-pizza recipe inspired me to splurge on a new non-stick pizza pan and a couple of silicon baking mats. My first attempt at cauli-crust resulted in a molecular bonding of the crust to my old pizza pan. The new 16" non-stick pizza pan is fantastic. I will have to try the mats out on a batch of cauli-bread sticks.

Cleo, I will be stopping by your blog to nab that crepe recipe. Hopefully I wont have to buy a new pan for that too! (It is getting expensive buying new equipment!!!)