Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-08, 09:06

Plan: Whole Foods, Mod Carbs
Stats: 292.4/190.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

lol, I'm so glad everyone is enjoying this dish!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Oct-05-09, 15:14

BF:

Oooooh, I haven't made this dish in awhile, and I'm in the mood for chinese food. I think I'll make it this week - with butter this time though

............and maybe some chili flakes!

Last edited by shopjunkie : Mon, Oct-05-09 at 15:22.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Oct-08-09, 13:35

Plan: My own
Stats: 100/100/100 Male approx 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress:

What if I use plain butter? I don't have normal cream, do you think coconut cream would ruin it?
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Oct-08-09, 15:26

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatepig
What if I use plain butter? I don't have normal cream, do you think coconut cream would ruin it?

For sure, you could substitute plain butter for Becel Oilve Oil Margarine. (When I first posted this recipe two years ago, I was using Becel, but now I definitely use butter).

In terms of coconut cream instead of regular cream... I've never tried it, but I definitely encourage you to experiment and see how it comes out. This whole recipe was actually an experiment, one day, when I had some free time - and the result was awesome!

If you decide to give it a whirl, please let us know
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Oct-08-09, 15:49

BF:
Progress:

Okay, you guys obviously did something different than I did. I followed the recipe, and came up with a very bland dish indeed.
Edit: All, right, i didn't follow it perfectly. I used plain butter, and heavy cream, which I made light by mixing with a tiny bit of purified water. As the sauce was simmering, I decided to play it safe, and let it boil down to it's original consistency, that way it would not be watery.

Last edited by karatepig : Thu, Oct-08-09 at 16:04.
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Oct-09-09, 08:22

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatepig
Okay, you guys obviously did something different than I did. I followed the recipe, and came up with a very bland dish indeed.
Edit: All, right, i didn't follow it perfectly. I used plain butter, and heavy cream, which I made light by mixing with a tiny bit of purified water. As the sauce was simmering, I decided to play it safe, and let it boil down to it's original consistency, that way it would not be watery.

Did you salt and pepper the chicken and sauce? Did you add enough peanut butter? Did you add peanuts?

Like I mentioned in the original post, the salt and pepper is to your taste, so use it to your liking

Good luck if you decide to try it again
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Oct-09-09, 08:32

BF:
Progress:

Oww, I'll try again. I did pepper it (in the end, it was the only way to get any flavor at all into my lunch, and even then, it was just the taste of black pepper), and added peanuts, but for some reason, I got no flavor.
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Oct-28-09, 19:41

Plan: General
Stats: 272/265/240 Female 5'4"
BF:alot of it!
Progress: 22%
Default variation

I make something similar for my family but I make this as a sauce. They eat it over brown rice.

For the sauce, I use 1 can chicken broth, 2 T peanut butter, 2 large breasts - cubed, 1 T minced garlic, 1 or 2 T ground ginger, 1 or 2 T low sodium soy sauce, chili pepper flakes, 1 or 2 T heavy whipping cream, a handful of fresh cilantro, and a handful of green onions. Usually thicken the sauce with a little cornstarch but if you used less chicken broth it may not be necessary....

I'm not a sweet kind of girl...lol... but you could add Splenda as the original recipe did call for sugar....
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Dec-04-09, 19:29

Plan: Atkins, mostly
Stats: 229/176/140 Female 5'5"
BF:no idea
Progress: 60%

Hi, I only have Sweet n Low (well, the generic low cost stuff). Can I substitute? How many packets? How much cream? There's no measurements in the recipe except the PB and 5 chicken breasts. I'm going to use frozen boneless skinless tenderloins. Thanks.
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Dec-06-09, 13:12

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Susie
Hi, I only have Sweet n Low (well, the generic low cost stuff). Can I substitute? How many packets? How much cream? There's no measurements in the recipe except the PB and 5 chicken breasts. I'm going to use frozen boneless skinless tenderloins. Thanks.

All the measurements are in the recipe posted (first post).