Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-08, 07:33

Plan: 90% classic Schwarzbein
Stats: 342/257/165 Female 5'7"
BF:>55%/51%/<30%
Progress: 48%

I average about 60-65 total carbs per day (including fiber). That's the level recommended by Dr. Schwarzbein, whose original plan is what I based mine upon, and I find it extremely easy to stick to. Oh, and I've lost 28 lbs this year.

Generally, I don't eat added sugars, I keep refined carbs to a minimum, and I limit fruit and bread to 1 serving each per day (at most). Breakfast, for example, had about 8 carbs: 2 from 2 cups of spinach, 2 from 3 large eggs, 1 from a sprinkling of crumbled feta cheese, 2 from a couple mugs of coffee, and 1 from cream.

If I eat something sugary or starchy, I limit myself to a serving that contains about 15 grams of carbohydrate, and I'm careful to combine it with other foods. For example, my husband laughed at me last night when I suggested splitting some buttery popcorn... and I made myself some bacon first, so that the fat and protein would lower the glycemic impact of the 15 grams of carbohydrate -- incl 3 grams fiber -- in a serving of popcorn. (I'm down 1/2 lb today, so it doesn't seem to have done me any harm, but I wouldn't recommend eating popcorn often!)
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Mar-27-08, 17:40
Registered Member

Plan: My Own LC 20-30 gms
Stats: 211.6/195.6/150 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%

I eat 20-30 carbs a day...mostly I stay at 20
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-08, 19:20

Plan: Eating healthier
Stats: 185/178/150 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

I do my own thing and have managed to lose over 45 lbs. so far. The important thing is I feel so much better about myself.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-08, 10:32

Plan: Zero Low CArb
Stats: 170/147/137 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

I went from LC 30-40 to 10 max and lost 5 lbs in 3 weeks. I am going to stay at 10 for the next 3 months. Oh and I have tons of energy!!
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-08, 12:38
Registered Member

BF:

WTG Sherell...

Can I ask what you are eating?
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-08, 06:47

Plan: Zero Low CArb
Stats: 170/147/137 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

My meals are very basic and repetitive. But I am fine with that. I eat a high fat diet, mostly fatty protein with a cup of vegetables. Like broccoli or greens. I use only 1 tablespoon of Splenda a day in my 1 cup of coffee and heavy whipping cream. I eat real foods, no sodas, bars, or shakes. I will have a cup of berries on occasion, instead of the greens. And I have 28 grams of Macadamias Nuts as a snack.
Sample Menu:
Breakfast :Coffee+cream and 4 strips of center cut bacon or 4 oz of proterhouse steak
Lunch: Chicken thigh cooked in coconut oil & curry
Snack 14-28 grams of Macadamia Nuts
Dinner : Porterhouse Steak (8oz) or curry chicken with 42 gams of broocoli florets

I can go 5-6 hours without getting hungry and have tons of energy. My body is fat adapted running on ketones.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-08, 12:21
Registered Member

BF:

Sounds like you're doing great!
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-08, 16:53
Registered Member

Plan: carb cycling/no fake food
Stats: 250/238/118 Female 5 foot 5 inches
BF:38%
Progress: 9%

Does everyone count the green veges for carbs??? I was thinking green veges are freebie foods but to count the carbs from say things like cheese or fruit.
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Apr-09-08, 21:56

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

There are carbs in green veggies....for example I think there is 4 carbs in a 1/2 cup of green beans.... That is where most of the carbs are supposed to be coming from the veggies....
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Apr-14-08, 07:57

Plan: LC
Stats: 248.4/245.4/170 Female 5' 6 "
BF:
Progress: 4%

My meals are pretty repetive also and I too am okay with that. I basically just eat protein and veggies. After a month I have not started to add back in grains, or fruit. I am diabetic and doing w/o fruit isn't such a bad thing, plus I absolutely don't miss them. Maybe in a month or so I'l start back eating 1/2 grapefruit in the a.m. I do count my veggies as carbs.
I don't drink coffee, or soda only water. I've lost 12 lbs in about a month. My hunger has diminished greatly and I only eat when I'm hungry now - adjusted from trying to eat 5 to 6 small meals a day. Although I like to snack and most days I do - usually sunflower seeds or nuts.
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-08, 16:07
Registered Member

BF:

I stick to 20-30 carbs a day...lately it's been 40 thus my 5 pound weight gain..
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-08, 15:05

Plan: Zone-ish
Stats: 176/167/130 Female 161 cm
BF:41%/39.2%/22%

New on forum - and I'm doing my own thing too:

Calorie deficit of roughly 750 per day - the one thing I'm strict about is weighing and recording everything.
Calories from carbs around 40% of total - so I allow myself half-fat milk for tea & coffee, lowish-sugar fruit (apples, berries, some watermelon), small amounts of brown rice occasionally. Loads of vegetables. I don't obsess, just try to keep things in balance over the week.
Calories from fat under 25% of total - and added fats are mostly olive oil.
A certain amount of GIN - for the sake of sanity....
Supplements are multi-vit, extra B complex, Omega-3 fish oil, aspirin. Caffeine from tea/coffee.
No soft drinks except water and tonic for the gin. No sweets. No sugar. A smidgen of aspartame because it's very hard to get other sweeteners here (Spain).

3 weeks in and 9 pounds gone of which according to fat monitor (not sure I'm that convinced about its readings) 7.5 lbs are fat.
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-08, 06:08

Plan: Eating healthier
Stats: 185/178/150 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:

Sounds like you found what works for you, Denaria and that's what's important.

Keep up the good work..... !!

Patty
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-08, 13:55
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 174/166.0/135 Female 67
BF:32/30/20
Progress: 21%

Am I the only one who finds this all very overwhelming at times?
Sometimes I'll have an epiphany and think I've figured it out and it's all very simple, and 10 minutes later I realize I'm overwhelmed again.
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Sep-18-08, 14:19

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by litkay
Am I the only one who finds this all very overwhelming at times?
Sometimes I'll have an epiphany and think I've figured it out and it's all very simple, and 10 minutes later I realize I'm overwhelmed again.

Sometimes for me it is overwhelming as well, mostly for me because I am having a difficult time losing.... Now I am trying to increase my fats to see if the weight loss speeds up somewhat... I've lost 15 pounds since March...but it has been extremely difficult!

The key is finding out what works for you so some people really have to try different things and see how it works...if they lose... Someone said something today about the problem with Atkins is that most people confuse it with being a high protein diet, but it is really a high fat diet and so I have moved in that direction.... At the same time though, fat calories add up fast so I am trying to keep track of my calories as well...

TJ