Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-07, 02:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206.5/198.0/160 Male 5'9
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default Pleeease Reply..please

I first started atkins like a year ago and it worked so fast I wanted to cry. Some days I lost two pound and normally I would lose a pound a day with working out. I went from 195 to 178 at one point. Now I've stopped and went back to eating regular foods and gained the weight right back. I am depressed. I started the atkins diet again and I don't feel like anything is happening right. I'm going to wait the weekend and stick to it. If I don't lose anything by sunday I'm giving up. Its very fustrating.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-07, 02:21
Registered Member

BF:
Default food

Breakfast I had an Egg white omlet with american cheese, chedder cheese and 3 turkey sausages.....

Snack I had 2 turkey sausages and 1 pork sausage

Lunch I had turkey lunch meat with american cheese and a lil bit of seafood salad.

Throughout the day I had 2 lipton diet iced teas...sweetned with splenda, over 5 bottles of 20 ounce waters

Dinner I had 3 eggs no cheese, diet 7 up with aspartme sweetner, no caffeine,

late night movie snack, a bag of skins, 2 diet rootbeers can sodas, aspartme sweetner and no caffeine
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-07, 02:56
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 157/151/133 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 25%

hi there phillyguy as you have said you followed atkins before and succeeded then you know it really works,but it is mentioned a lot on this forum that second time around the weighloss can be a bit slower.Dont give up , if you stick with it you will succeed again, looking at your menu you eat a lot of processed food which could slow you down but i am no expert . fresh is best whenever you can but i know its not always easy. keep going and im sure others will give you some good advice , iam new to this woe and have found the support here fantastic
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-07, 02:57
Registered Member

Stats: 194/162/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 54%

Mabey there is to much salt in your choices it can hide wieght loss.I know it can mess with my scales .I generally pick one day a week to weigh and rely on my clothes to let me know how I am doing.Also remember if you are working out muscle weighs more than fat .
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-07, 05:25

Plan: atkins
Stats: 273/249.4/170 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 23%

I would cut back on the cheese.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-07, 05:29

Plan: Paleo-FFP-IF
Stats: 233/168.5/130 Female 160 centimetres
BF:53%,34.5%,23%
Progress: 63%

Hi Phillyguy and welcome!
I agree with Old Lady. Too much salt, artificial foods, aspartame, so much cheese and sausages!
Why don't you try to eat more real food (eggs, meat, poultry fish,vegetables)? It's not only the weight loss that matters, I think healthy eating and new habbits are more important in the long term!
Please, make a google search on possible side effects of aspartame and sweeteners!
Good luck!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-07, 06:17
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Welcome to the forums!

Did you really just start back on Atkins yesterday, as your Profile indicates? Relax and give your body a few days, at least, before you decide to quit. You haven't even had a chance to get into lipolysis yet, where your body burns fat for energy.

You'll do fine if you follow the plan. Reread your Atkins book to refresh your memory of the details, so you don't accidentally eat the wrong things.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-07, 08:34
Creating my reality

Stats: 350/259/190 Male 5'11"
BF:"TILT"
Progress: 57%

Hey there Phillyguy... I hear ya.. Sometimes when we restart it is very slow moving..

Sounds like you are already setting yourself up for failure though affirming that you will give up by Sunday if no weight is gone. I would suggest giving it a little more time..

You really haven't given us much to go by in order to see what's not working. Sometimes it's the little things that can make us not lose... Like how much water are you drinking? What about exercise? What exactly are you eating.

If you want real help then you are going to have to give us a bit of time and yourself as well..

I do recognize how frustrating this can be.. but stick with it and you CAN and WILL create your success.

T-man
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-07, 08:41
Registered Member

BF:

Wooow! Thank you all so much. That was a quick response. It feels like a family in here lol. And to answer a few questions, I will cut back on the cheese, salty foods and aspartme. I really did start the diet again on friday. Its saturday morning 10:37am and I just had to get on the scale and I feel a lil better....it says 192.5. Even if it was water weight I lost 4 pounds over night so I'm going to stick to the diet now. THANK YALL SO MUCH.
I'm about to get up and cook some macrol...I think that's how you spell it...its fish in a can and its soooo good with NO CARBS!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-07, 08:46
Registered Member

BF:

I have one question....Is it ok to eat meatballs? Some people said meatballs are breaded but I asked my mom were the meatballs in the fridge breaded and she said NOOO sarcasticly as if I should know that its no bread in meatballs. She wasn't being smart but she thought it was a silly question. Do any of you eat meatballs?
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-07, 08:58
Creating my reality

Stats: 350/259/190 Male 5'11"
BF:"TILT"
Progress: 57%

Philly...

For me.. the only way to stay on plan is to cook myself... when I buy these processed foods I don't know what i'm getting. Read the ingredients... most meatballs are made with a filler like bread or crackers and that's what gives them some fluff otherwise it would be a hunk of hamburger... Some people even put katsup in the meatballs (this adds sugar)...

For me, I just avoid them altogether. It's been a pain becuase I've read the ingredients on many packages of the darn things and can't find any that were of my liking. I have made my own and they have turned out really good.

I would suggest if you really want to be successful start cooking your own food and keep a supply in the fridge.. then you know what you are grabbing is whole food without any of the additional carbage.

Just my two cents worth.

T-man
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-07, 09:03

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

Breakfast I had an Egg white omlet with american cheese, chedder cheese and 3 turkey sausages..... First, why egg white? the fat is in the yolk along with most of the nutrients. Sausages are loaded with carbs and sodium.

Snack I had 2 turkey sausages and 1 pork sausage WAYYYYYY too many sausages! sodium! carbs!!!

Lunch I had turkey lunch meat with american cheese and a lil bit of seafood salad. lunch meat... baaaddddd.... sodium, often hidden carbs, and cheese slices? nope. dump them.

Throughout the day I had 2 lipton diet iced teas...sweetned with splenda, over 5 bottles of 20 ounce waters some people have problem with sweetners.

Dinner I had 3 eggs no cheese, diet 7 up with aspartme sweetner, no caffeine, ok, but where are the veggies?

late night movie snack, a bag of skins, 2 diet rootbeers can sodas, aspartme sweetner and no caffeine OMG, a bag of pork rinds!!!!!! SALT like you won't believe! As a guy you might not have to watch calories, but this is really high for nothing.

You need some veggies. You have no fibre sources here. Cook up some roasts, wings, steaks, asparagus, all kinds of salads. You're filling up with junk and that's why it's not working for you.

Good luck, and take a look at the allowed food lists again and try to be more balanced.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-07, 09:05

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyguy
I have one question....Is it ok to eat meatballs? Some people said meatballs are breaded but I asked my mom were the meatballs in the fridge breaded and she said NOOO sarcasticly as if I should know that its no bread in meatballs. She wasn't being smart but she thought it was a silly question. Do any of you eat meatballs?

I eat meatballs I made. All store bought ones, and most made by carb eaters, have fillers.

Sounds like you got the message. Mackerel is a good choice!!! But cook it in fat!
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-07, 09:23
Kerry

Plan: WW/Atkins
Stats: 368/266.5/199 Female 5'1
BF:M.O./O/chunky
Progress: 60%

I agree with Tim, by giving yourself a set date to quit ALREADY, your setting yourself up for no good. And only 2 days....wow

Attitude is a lot of this...you need an adjustment, tell yourself you are going to change the weight, your going to lose it, your going to follow your plan and MAKE it work!

Low carb does work the second time around, just as fast for some, slower for others, but we are abusing our plan and ourselves by doing it this way(going on and off plan) It was intended to be a way of life, so never lose focus of that.

Tweaking helps a lot, some of us cant adapt to the high sodium, high calories so tweak your things

Just don't give in or up! You can do this, right along with the rest of us, it's a journey, it's what YOU make it.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Oct-27-07, 09:35
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennink
Breakfast I had an Egg white omlet with american cheese, chedder cheese and 3 turkey sausages..... First, why egg white? the fat is in the yolk along with most of the nutrients. Sausages are loaded with carbs and sodium.

Snack I had 2 turkey sausages and 1 pork sausage WAYYYYYY too many sausages! sodium! carbs!!!

Lunch I had turkey lunch meat with american cheese and a lil bit of seafood salad. lunch meat... baaaddddd.... sodium, often hidden carbs, and cheese slices? nope. dump them.

Throughout the day I had 2 lipton diet iced teas...sweetned with splenda, over 5 bottles of 20 ounce waters some people have problem with sweetners.

Dinner I had 3 eggs no cheese, diet 7 up with aspartme sweetner, no caffeine, ok, but where are the veggies?

late night movie snack, a bag of skins, 2 diet rootbeers can sodas, aspartme sweetner and no caffeine OMG, a bag of pork rinds!!!!!! SALT like you won't believe! As a guy you might not have to watch calories, but this is really high for nothing.

You need some veggies. You have no fibre sources here. Cook up some roasts, wings, steaks, asparagus, all kinds of salads. You're filling up with junk and that's why it's not working for you.

Good luck, and take a look at the allowed food lists again and try to be more balanced.

Thanks But I have the atkins diet manual in front of me and it states that all meats and cheese are allowed more than any other product. Turkey sausages aren't high in carbs at all. The boxed sausages and hotdogs I don't eat because they have added sugars. I used egg white because I was trying to stay way from the cholesterol in my diet as much as possible. I thought the diet was to be a low carb dieter? Sliced cheese may have a carb per slice but if I don't go over my 20 grams a day why should it matter? And the thing with veggies, I'm afraid to eat them because out of all things it has the most Carbs in them and I don't want to go over 20 grams a day at alllll. Brocoli is heavy in carbs...Lettuce is a bit heavy....any ideas on low carb veggies? The book is hard to determine the right veggie to eat

Last edited by Phillyguy : Sat, Oct-27-07 at 09:40.