Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#61   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-07, 01:07

Plan: General LC, Paleo
Stats: 156/156/137 Female 5'8.5''
BF:37%/30.0%/20%
Progress: 0%

Good morning everybody! It's wednesday, so half of the week is over at noon! How are you today?

I am still under 150 today (149.7 ), although yesterday evening I forgot that I'm on induction and had a beer, which alone has 25 carbs. I had an exam yesterday which went well and that's why I just had one like I normally do, and when I remembered it was too late already. I expected not to be in ketosis anymore, but the stix showed traces, so if I don't screw up today I should be fine (and hopefully stay under 150).

I fear I also can't help with the wedding plans, but I also know it is not so nice if you want to plan an event and you want it to be great but you need to cut back because you can't afford it. But Brie had some great ideas, I am sure it will be beautiful (as well as the bride )!

Hartley, great that you resisted those cookies! When I had that beer yesterday I was soooooo close to eat the cookies I had available (some friends came over and brought them), and I thought I already screwed up with the beer, so why not have a cookie, but I also resisted! If one has been good the whole day, it definitely helps to resist bad food! You're doing great

kjs, I'm sure you will soon be below 140! And I know what you mean with the mental clarity, although working out and feeling better in your body can certainly help mentally, it is not a miracle thing that makes everything perfect in ones life. I used to think that. When I was a teen I thought if only I had no acne everything would be perfect. If I weighed less everything would be perfect. I would be like I always wanted to be (good grades, all the people would like me, I would be good in everything and so on..) Unfortunately it doesn't work like that I later found out
BUT I think that working out and taking care of your body is a huge step in that direction, because it makes you feel so much better of yourself! Keep doing what you're doing, you are truly a motivation!

Hey Lauren! Congrats on your popped-back-neck! (*tingletingle-magically-removes-white-russian-thoughts* )

And Hi to all the others! Be good today!

Oh my, a long post. That happens if you have some time in the morning
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-07, 06:48

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/164/128 Female 5 feet, 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Happy Wednesday everyone!

I screwed up again last night. We went to listen to a jazz group play at a wine bar and, of course, I drank wine. I had two white wines and 1 glass of champagne. We also ate a cheese platter, which had bread on it... I'm 143 today...grrrrr...

BUT we are not going out to eat for at least 2 weeks. We are now stocked up on good foods and sticking to that... I'm going to get under 140 if it kills me!!

Mone: Nice post. I like long posts.. They make me happy!

Jess: Sorry I have no advice on wedding planning either...

And I must apologize for the white russian talk... Just hearing the name makes me crave one!!
  #63   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-07, 07:05

Stats: 170/164/128 Female 5 feet, 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

OK.. I just revised my mini goal, again for the 4th time! I MUST be under 140 by NEXT friday...
  #64   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-07, 08:37

Plan: atkins
Stats: 158/146.8/130 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%

morning ladies -

didn't work out last night, but i don't feel badly about that, i've been working out a lot and i know i will make up for it today. duke was disappointed though.

i ate completely on-plan yesterday (except for missing breakfast), but i can tell that my metabolism is sluggish still - so i'm not weighing in for a couple of days. i think i'm still around 140 though

i guess i'm just in a mental funk and having a tough time getting out of it. nothing like some weight loss to make me feel better though

mone - thank you so much for your supportive message, it means so much to me!

holly - you can reach 139! you know what to do

jess - hang in there with the stressful wedding plans-

brie - your reception sounds absolutely amazing!

hartley- good for you for resisting those sugary drinks!

godsbelove - how are the first couple of days of induction going?

laura - i'm glad your neck is feeling better too

happy wednesday everybody!

Last edited by kjs130 : Wed, Oct-17-07 at 08:39. Reason: spelling
  #65   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-07, 09:02
Registered Member

Plan: < 20 grams
Stats: 235/233/170 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 3%

Hey Jess,

If you have any questions, I just got married last month and wedding planning gets easier......the hardest part we had was figuring where we wanted it.......honestly that was the worst.....I did everything myself but you HAVE to have someone or a couple of people wedding day to take care of last minute details....anyway, I PROMISE it gets better...we wanted a very simple wedding, and ended up having it at my parents farm....we rented a tent for the reception, and it was lovely. When is your wedding? I need to reread the posts, I just kind of skimmed them so I"m sure its in there......I'll catch up more, but DON'T STRESS....trust me!!
  #66   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-07, 09:18
Registered Member

Plan: < 20 grams
Stats: 235/233/170 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 3%

kutaylor, you can do it!! Don't fret, I'd love a size 10!!! You'll get there, keep at it!!

Totally agree on the veil, I actually didn't wear one......but it was crazy how much they wanted for them...also if you aren't getting married for a while...pick your dress, and then hunt around on ebay....there are lots of bridal stores that sell the samples, and a seamstress can change it a size or two easily.....my dress was actually a nightmare, actually the bridal shop was but thats a whole other story!!!

I did the majority of my flowers myself, I bought roses at growersbox.com and then arranged all the centerpieces for the tables (I had the vases from my office since we do glassware), but had two HUGE arrangements from the florist and 5 or so others for the catering table. Check out and see if you have a culinary school near the site...granted I'm in a rather inexpensive area, but my catering bill was 2K for liquor (open bar 100 or so guests) food (three entree's...chicken turkey and a steamship round, veggies, tea, coffee all the linens, silverware, glasses, and of course dishes.

It was a lot of work ,but well worth it in the end....here is a very bad picture my bro took that night after the wedding and I'd be happy to PM or email more pictures and info if you'd like

[img=http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/1687/img0639weddingnightto1.th.jpg]
  #67   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-07, 09:44

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 163.4/154.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 66%

I weighed in at 154.5 today. Atleast it's a little down.

I leave for St. Louis tomorrow and I know there will be drinking involved since one of my BFs and I are going to throw a job fair! I will try to have 3 glasses of red wine and then done!

I tried Turbo Jam last night...my abs are so sore! I highly recommend it to you gals. Talk to you soon!
  #68   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-07, 10:33

Stats: 175/167.7/139 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hello ladies. I'm back. I went on a food hiatis and sabotoged myself real good. I think I was overwhelmed with weighing myself. I've decided I'm not stepping on the scale. I'm eating on plan and in portions and exercising. When I feel like it in a mabe a month i'll see where i'm at. but i'm done having expectations for right now. I want to get to a place where I accept my body for what it is. If I get skinnier great. if i'm forever 140 then I guess that's what i'm supposed to be.
  #69   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-07, 11:31

Plan: GLC
Stats: 145/139/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 30%

I've been feeling so down. I took off work today, and made an appointment to see a dr. on monday morning. I'm going back on anti-depressants. It's a hard step to take since I've been off them for 5 years, but I know it's the right thing to do. I haven't felt like myself in a long time. I don't even have the motivation to do anything I used to want to, and enjoy. Nothing thrills me anymore. I miss being passionate about life. Everything, even the smallest of things stresses me out. Headaches have been coming on everyday. I'm tired. I'm anxious, and I'm not myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutaylor
Jess-My reception cost around $9000, but that was with a signature drink, a whole open bar, apps, 2 meat meal, and 4 kinds of cake, and a chocolate fountain! This was for 150 people.

You can do these things on a low, low budget and they can still turn out great.

For example, have a grocery store cater the food and do heavy appetizers. That should be under $1000. My flowers cost $75. I bought the vases from Hobby Lobby when they were on sale and they were each under $1. Go to WalMart and buy invitations that you can make yourself...I really screwed up here. I paid around $500...and could have done them for around $70 at WalMart and they would have been very close in quality. There are tons and tons of ways to cut corners on costs here and you could have a fabulous, and I mean fabulous wedding for around $3000. Just start looking for your dress...as soon as you find one around $100-buy it! Make your veil! I made my veil for $20 and it was a $200 veil at David Bridal (but it was a 9 foot cathedral). If you have any questions, just ask, this is all still pretty fresh in my mind...it's amazing, I got married 5 months ago and my reception was only 4 months ago!

I'm probably aiming to spend $10,000 for all of it. I don't know if that's enough, and we're talking reception, ceremony, rings, honeymoon, etc. Unless we can get some kind of loan to cover the rest. Thank you for all of youe advice, once I'm up and feeling better I'm sure I will be asking you lots more. It is really really appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristolian
Hey Jess,

If you have any questions, I just got married last month and wedding planning gets easier......the hardest part we had was figuring where we wanted it.......honestly that was the worst.....I did everything myself but you HAVE to have someone or a couple of people wedding day to take care of last minute details....anyway, I PROMISE it gets better...we wanted a very simple wedding, and ended up having it at my parents farm....we rented a tent for the reception, and it was lovely. When is your wedding? I need to reread the posts, I just kind of skimmed them so I"m sure its in there......I'll catch up more, but DON'T STRESS....trust me!!

Yeah, figuring out where we want it that we can afford, and an official date is what we're battling now. We know we want October. Within the first couple of weeks, because we love fall. Everything else can come after but just thinking about it all makes my head hurt. I will talk to you more about it soon. Thanks for being so helpful.
  #70   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-07, 11:50

Plan: General LC, Paleo
Stats: 156/156/137 Female 5'8.5''
BF:37%/30.0%/20%
Progress: 0%

I am so sorry that you feel so bad Jess, I hope the anti-depressants help you to enjoy the things you do again! Hugs!
  #71   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-07, 13:32

BF:

Jess-I'm sorry you are feeling down too! It's tough feeling so out of control of your emotions...I have been there, done that. That is why I have gained so much weight...lexapro added 15 pounds to me! It doesn't happen to everyone so I would suggest Lexapro for anxiety...it worked absolute wonders for me.

Brie
  #72   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-07, 14:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 158/146.8/130 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%

hang in there jess! i think its grat that you recognized that you needed to see the dr. and i hope s/he helps you feel better soon! i've been thinking that could help me too, so let me know how it works for you.
  #73   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-07, 14:39

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 170/166.5/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Jess - Try and avoid Zoloft, if you can. I gained 30 lbs in a few short months while on Induction and exercising - it shut down my metabolism. I didn't have the gain with Lexapro. Just a heads up, since my doc said she's had the worst problems w/ Zoloft and weight gain w/ her patients...

You'll have an absolutely gorgeous wedding/honeymoon/etc. for $10,000! We spent waaaaaaaaaay less than that on ours and had a swanky-ish place for the reception, 200 people, 1 hr open bar AND went to Maui for 7 nights! I think we spent around $8,000. The key is to do as much yourself as you can! I kept my bouquets small and bought three small orchids for each table, which my family then put into small vases that I got for $1 each at Wal-mart. And yes, it looked great. Not some huge centerpiece, but who cares? The florist can really kill you, but if you find a good one they'll really help you stick to a budget. My grandmother sewed the little tulle bags for candy at each seat and I happened to have an aunt in graphic design, who made the place cards and stuff. I designed my own program and had it printed at a local printing shop on beautiful paper for pennies - and they looked much nicer than the ones you pay ass loads of money for through catalogs and what-not. I bought my dress at just the right time, when they were having a super sale. Same with my shoes... And oh how I loved my dress. I need to put it on again sometime. And be careful with photographers - they try and talk you into all sorts of packages. We didn't get the basic one, but one up I think. We got a lovely album for ourselves and a small album for each parents and ordered a few additional pictures for frames. No videographer, but that's something I would have liked to have afforded. We had a cousin tape our wedding, but he did a half-ass job of it. Figures. He taped the ring bearer through the entire ceremony! The kid was cute and all, but c'mon!!

I am going to say, however, that in retrospect we totally wish we would have eloped. Our wedding was a blast, don't get me wrong... But the year before it was pure hell. We couldn't agree on anything and would end up in these screaming matches over the stupidest crap. And we hardly ever fight! But again, at least I can go to other peoples weddings now and be all snotty like "ours was totally better." Yeah, I'm an ass. You'll do it too, trust me.
  #74   ^
Old Wed, Oct-17-07, 20:22

BF:

Gals-I really love Turbo Jam. It burns a ton of calories and is decently fun...I think pretty much as fun as a hard workout can be. You all should look into it...www.beachbody.com.

I got 3 workouts in today...901 calories gone!
  #75   ^
Old Thu, Oct-18-07, 06:04

Plan: GLC
Stats: 145/139/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 30%

at a new low I haven't hit since June before all the drama, and I only saw it for one day then. 133.6.

back to work today, I really don't feel like it but this is life.
Closed Thread