Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-07, 13:14

Plan: Ketosis
Stats: 225/225/150 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress:

Oh I plan on losing weight, but yeah, libido and state of mind are the main concern

But yeah, it wont be nine eggs a day only anymore. This morning I had a beef stew and two raw egg yolks.

Well oysters aren't as accessible as eggs now are they? And the eggs... are so nutritious!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-07, 13:15

Plan: IF and LC
Stats: 178/174/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 12%

So now the plan is to eat regularly(can't remember what plan you were doing), but add in the 9 egg yolks to that?
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-07, 13:18

BF:
Progress:

Yes, the plan is to eat ketosis friendly and have those nine eggs thrown in there. Though I may cut down to six if I'm going to be eating. Those nine eggs actually kept me full all day!
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-07, 13:21

BF:

Like I said, can't remember...do you do LC, Atkins, South Beach?

Sounds like a plan!
  #65   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-07, 13:24

BF:
Progress:

I should get to really organizing my diet. I used to do South Beach Diet and I lost 36 lbs on that (but I gained it all back because some... extremely terrible things happened to me).

I might do Atkins, instead of just eating keto friendly when I feel like eating. The South Beach Diet forces one to eat three meals and two snacks in between those meals a day. That got extremely annoying.
  #66   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-07, 13:29
Grease is the word!

Plan: PSMF/IF
Stats: 236/181/180 Male 72 inches
BF:disappearing!
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggyolk
Besides adding more meat, what else should I add to my diet (for the sake of nutrition and not taste)?
Well I would get some Morton's Lite Salt and sprinkle it liberally on my food (its a balanced electrolyte) or you could swill V8 juice. A 6 oz chunk of fatty meat, fish or liver every 48 hours and you should be fine.*

-=-=-==-=-=-=-==-=-=-

Quote:
*Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
  #67   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-07, 13:38

BF:

If you are already eating keto friendly, why not try LC-ing? But, I'd suggest reading a book first, because it makes MUCH more sense how the whole process works if you read up on it.

I've seen you mention the "extremely terrible things" a lot, and not meaning for this to turn into a psych session, but before you choose to work on losing weight, getting healthy, increasing your libido, perhaps you should work on dealing with whatever happened to you, since it's clearly still a painful issue.
  #68   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-07, 13:42

BF:
Progress:

No this was a long time ago like last year. And the reason I mentioned the "extremely" part was to well try to justify my weight gain.

LC-ing is not a hard thing for me to do. I was willing to eat only egg yolks because I thought it was healthy and because I thought eating slabs of cooked meat was tasty enough and thus pretty easy for me.
  #69   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-07, 13:47

BF:

What about veggies?
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-07, 13:51

BF:
Progress:

Are those necessary? Not that I mind them (I find them tasty!) but I want as very little carbs as possible.
  #71   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-07, 13:59

Plan: fat, fat, fat
Stats: 225/212/160 Female 5' 3.5"
BF:
Progress: 20%

SandyDown, methinks you aren't the only one in this thread who has been taking the micky.

Lene'
  #72   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-07, 14:25

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lené
SandyDown, methinks you aren't the only one in this thread who has been taking the micky.

Lene'

Didn't know we had to take turns
  #73   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-07, 14:56

Plan: Gluten Free, Low Carb
Stats: 205/200.2/150 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 9%

Quote:
Are those necessary? Not that I mind them (I find them tasty!) but I want as very little carbs as possible.

A lot of times, lower carbs will work for a little bit. Alot of people will eat close to zero carbs or the Induction level at 20 and after a while, they find their weightloss has stalled. They up their carbs and their weight loss begins again. There are a few, however, who do stay around 0-20 a day and continue losing. I find broccoli (for some reason) helps me lose much faster, even if I eat 2 cups of it. I love broccoli!
  #74   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-07, 16:29

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 000/200/000 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:

No, fruits and vegetables are not the great healthy protect you from cancer food, that is a bunch of BS.

Fat and protein are the healthiest, are what humans ate and what they should be eating.

Browsing through the thread real quick, I noticed the main objections were just shock factor, which is expected from most people.

However, my concerns would be:

-Is this diet sustainable for life? I would never follow a diet I couldn't do for life, because your calories are so low and your body has set a set point for your weight, if you do increase your Kcals, you will gain weight rapidly, even if it's just fat and protein.

-Micronutrients, Centrum is a crappy Multi, read about chelation, how vitamins are absobred and choose a Multi accordingly, while millions of years people did fine without them, there are much more factors that negatively affect us now.

-Body composition: Because of the very low calories you are consuming, you are bound to lose 1) water weight, it'll take about a month to truly stabelize water weight on any new diet. 2) LBM and fat (ratios vary accordingly) which brings me to the next point.

-Exercise: Physical activity not only signals your body to hold on to your mucles, but also supresses appetite, a loss via 500 calories burned through exericse is more beneficial and easier than a loss via 500 calories through diet, simply because biological functions(hunger) will kick in and one time you will be tired and hungry and you will stray, badly.

I don't think the main idea of this diet is bad, but with some modifications , adding flesh and making it the major source of calories, it would be better IMO, you could also eat it raw, just deep freeze for two weeks prior to consumption.

Good luck.
  #75   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-07, 18:33
Grease is the word!

Plan: PSMF/IF
Stats: 236/181/180 Male 72 inches
BF:disappearing!
Progress: 98%

Quote:
The South Beach Diet forces one to eat three meals and two snacks in between those meals a day. That got extremely annoying.
Not to mention a small fortune in toothpaste, paper plates and dental floss

I feel greatly relieved preparing only one meal a day, and I have so much more time now. Its analogous to commuting; the actual drive may not be long, but you have to add in the getting ready to go times etc.