Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-07, 15:16
Strong Chicks Rock!!

Plan: Atkins (total, not net)
Stats: 194/151.2/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35.8%/19%/17%
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggyolk

I'm not joking around people. Let's stick to the nutrition now. What would I need to make my meal plan more nutritious? What is it lacking? Is it lacking... dare I say... TASTE? But seriously.

Calories. Calories are what's lacking. 9 large egg yolks has less than 500 calories. At your height/weight that's well into starvation mode. Not to mention, less than 25 g of protein. So, your experiment will tell you more about what it's like to lose maximum LBM in 2 weeks then it will tell you about how you feel eating raw protein.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-07, 15:21

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 154/155/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: -7%

OK - apologies again for taking the mick, don't know why I found your idea really funny... you posted your idea and wanted some opinion, so here it goes:

my best advice, read the Atkins book, do a clean induction.

Saying the above, you are not the only person to invent a new diet - let us know how it goes.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-07, 15:22

Plan: Paleoish/Keto
Stats: 225/167/175 Male 71.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 116%

The egg yolk is much more fat than protein.

Nine large yolks will only have 24 grams of protein. They will have 41 grams of fat. You'll be eating a high fat, not high protein diet.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-07, 15:23

Plan: IF and LC
Stats: 178/174/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 12%

Seeing that you are new to the board, was just wondering why you decided to join and share with us your idea.

To get feedback?
To rile up some LC-ers?
To get others to try out your idea with you?
  #20   ^

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger
The egg yolk is much more fat than protein.

Nine large yolks will only have 24 grams of protein. They will have 41 grams of fat. You'll be eating a high fat, not high protein diet.

This is indeed true.
  #21   ^

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 154/155/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: -7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by awordqueen
Actually, I think the Ice Cream diet makes more sense. One bowl for breakfast, one bowl for lunch, and one bowl for dinner. Why? Because I LIKES me some ice cream--a whole bunch more than raw egg yolks.......LMAO

Now that is a great idea ...also have to admit ice cream diet is a bit more nutritious than mars bar diet
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-07, 15:28

Plan: Ketosis
Stats: 225/225/150 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress:

Okay, I will probably throw in a steak or two and I will try to eat them raw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandaSue
Seeing that you are new to the board, was just wondering why you decided to join and share with us your idea.

To get feedback?
To rile up some LC-ers?
To get others to try out your idea with you?

I joined here to get feedback and to get some support. I joined because I want to be a part of a community that will give me support, something that I do not get from anyone I know in my personal life. I know my idea might sound far-fetched but I did not expect others to laugh at my expense. But I guess I should not take others' laughter too seriously and do my best to be part of this community.

People, I have a much clearer mind and I've received a huge boost in libido; what is your opinion of that?

That itself I think is benefit enough of consuming these raw egg yolks.
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-07, 15:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/SB
Stats: 216/210/155 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

I have always heard that eggs have almost all the nutrients we need and are a complete food source....the key word here is "almost". They do not contain vitamin C for sure and you may want to check on the mineral content too. I also heard that for an egg to be completely digested that it needs to be microwaved for 60 seconds to kill something in it. If you need more info about that I can get it from my bf later today. Just let me know.

I am in favor of the Mars Bars diet........mmmmm.
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-07, 15:36

BF:

Quote:

I joined here to get feedback and to get some support. I joined because I want to be a part of a community that will give me support, something that I do not get from anyone I know in my personal life. I know my idea might sound far-fetched but I did not expect others to laugh at my expense. But I guess I should not take others' laughter too seriously and do my best to be part of this community.

People, I have a much clearer mind and I've received a huge boost in libido; what is your opinion of that?

Now wait...what's the benefit of eating a raw steak? You presented your idea about the benefits of raw egg yolks, but I don't understand the need for the raw steak.

Clearer mind and increased libido? Simple, could be both mental and physical. You were excited about trying this new thing out, with the prospect of losing weight, and being "intelligent" enough to think of it! Physical wise...somethings are definately good for the body in short bursts, kind of rattlings things up in there, however maintaining this for two weeks may result in more negatives than you anticipate.
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-07, 15:37

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zues
I have always heard that eggs have almost all the nutrients we need and are a complete food source....the key word here is "almost". They do not contain vitamin C for sure and you may want to check on the mineral content too. I also heard that for an egg to be completely digested that it needs to be microwaved for 60 seconds to kill something in it. If you need more info about that I can get it from my bf later today. Just let me know.

I am in favor of the Mars Bars diet........mmmmm.

Yes, the egg white has anti-nutrients if it is not cooked. Eating the egg white and the sack that contains the egg yolk is equivalent to eating an ovary. If the egg whites are cooked, then they can be eaten. But the egg white is not that vital because it is not that nutritious. But I could be missing some information, so please do dig up that information.

Last edited by eggyolk : Mon, Aug-06-07 at 15:45.
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-07, 15:38

BF:

Quote:

Now wait...what's the benefit of eating a raw steak? You presented your idea about the benefits of raw egg yolks, but I don't understand the need for the raw steak.

Clearer mind and increased libido? Simple, could be both mental and physical. You were excited about trying this new thing out, with the prospect of losing weight, and being "intelligent" enough to think of it! Physical wise...somethings are definately good for the body in short bursts, kind of rattlings things up in there, however maintaining this for two weeks may result in more negatives than you anticipate.

What it boils down to for me is that I'm interested in seeing how this goes. Give us updates, and, if we don't hear from you again at some point in the next two weeks, we'll know you fell off the wagon OR died from lack of vital nutrients(or listeria from the meat and salmonella from the raw eggs).
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-07, 15:41

BF:
Progress:

Quote:

The raw steak has enzymes in it, making digestion better.

I don't think I'm intelligent or anything because I thought of it. Could it not be because the egg yolks are rich in nutrients and my body is easily able to digest them that my body is functioning better because of it?

I don't understand, are you saying that I should not have a clear mind and a low libido because it's normal for me to be like that? That I should stop lying to myself and start feeling terrible again?

Quote:
What it boils down to for me is that I'm interested in seeing how this goes. Give us updates, and, if we don't hear from you again at some point in the next two weeks, we'll know you fell off the wagon OR died from lack of vital nutrients(or listeria from the meat and salmonella from the raw eggs).

You don't die from salmonella... it is something that is rarely every caught and it only affects children, HIV victims, and the elderly seriously.

Last edited by eggyolk : Mon, Aug-06-07 at 15:48.
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-07, 15:54

BF:

Quote:
The raw steak has enzymes in it, making digestion better.

I don't think I'm intelligent or anything because I thought of it. Could it not be because the egg yolks are rich in nutrients and my body is easily able to digest them that my body is functioning better because of it?

I don't understand, are you saying that I should not have a clear mind and a low libido because it's normal for me to be like that? That I should stop lying to myself and start feeling terrible again?

You don't die from salmonella... it is something that is rarely every caught and it only affects children, HIV victims, and the elderly seriously.

Ahhh, you're kidding right? I work in a doc's office, and I can assure you that the population you listed are not the only one's who get salmonella.

Please do some research before spouting out things . Was interested before about your little plan, but now not so much.
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-07, 16:04

BF:
Progress:

I mean I know that but only 1 in 30,000 eggs have salmonella... it's not something that really happens as people make it out to be... and healthy adults don't have to worry too much about it.

Now let's no let this turn ad hominem. I mean sorry to disappoint you but whatever.
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Aug-06-07, 16:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/181/175 Male 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Here's what I think...if you have been doing Atkins and not losing, meaning that you are having great difficulty getting into ketosis why not do the egg yolk thing? It's not that much different than the fat fast recommended by Dr. A. I don't think it's a good idea to do it for 2 weeks but for 3 or 4 days to get into deep ketosis why not or better yet do a true fat fast. If you are doing this just for the sake of doing it without trying the true Atkins WOE then I think it's a mistake.

Just my 2 cents.

Good Luck