Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-07, 17:11

Plan: life without bread
Stats: 150/130/130 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Nancy, it's not Audette. I just re-read Neanderthin and he's all for tomatoes, etc. Incidentally though, he's the one who says if you can't eat it raw you shouldn't eat it.

Fallsgal, here's the ones I know of: tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, potatoes, tomatillos.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-07, 04:25

Plan: Paleo/IF
Stats: 165/148/120 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default My small fly in the ointment: D

Tobacco is also included into nightshades family, so smoking ist verboten
  #78   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-07, 09:57
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Good, I won't take up smoking for APE then.
  #79   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-07, 23:31
Dazilous

Plan: NeanderkIF
Stats: 140/114/110 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

So who all is starting Monday?

I will have to put my nut-flour cake (w.AS's in it) and bubbling crock of chick peas away I like hummus with carrot sticks in the warm weather. Oh...cashews, allowed? Better be, bc I just made cashew "sour cream" dammit.

I plan to be strict with this for the week - my digestion and skkin has been total crap for 2 weeks and I'm frustrated and confused.
  #80   ^
Old Sun, Jun-10-07, 11:41

Plan: Paleo/Low Cal
Stats: 000/000/200 Male 5 ft 10 in
BF:
Progress: 0%

I'm sorry guys, I know that I was the one who instigated this endeavor, but unfortunately I can't do it this week or maybe even the next. There has been a stressful situation going on with my life that would make it seem more like the hell that it is if I gave up my morning cup of coffee. Heck, I don't even enjoy the nut butter / honey combination any more because it now tastes too sweet for me, so coffee with a T of cream is my only real indulgence, along with a little bleu cheese once in a while.

I want you guys to go ahead, though, and I want to remain involved in this thread and effort. I think it's worthwhile.

You, me, us - we are the Paleo Diet practicers and experts and we need to define and own it before it gets adulterated and bastardized like Atkins has.
  #81   ^
Old Sun, Jun-10-07, 11:50
Experimenter

BF:

I can't do it until July most likely, too many social events this month!
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-07, 12:22
Slightly foxed

Plan: Take over the world,Pinky
Stats: 284/275/224 Male 5'7"
BF:No, I'm straight
Progress: 15%

Not a good time for me either. Lot's of horrible stuff going on.
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-07, 15:33

Plan: life without bread
Stats: 150/130/130 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I had wanted to give it a go this week, but today is already shot.

It's my first wedding anniversary today. One of our friends sent us an edible arrangement that was mostly made of paleo-friendly fruit, but some of that paleo fruit was dipped in delicious unpaleo chocolate. Also, when I was leaving to go to the grocery store today for the week's shopping, one of the springs in my shock system broke and also popped my tire. So that was fun. ;P No fresh groceries for us until we get the car back, and DH is stranded at home from work until we get it back too. It's just good he took off work today so that this didn't happen and leave him stranded at work instead!
  #84   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-07, 16:43

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 137/135/130 Female 5' 6"
BF:Don't know
Progress: 29%

I'm sorry that so many of you are having a rough time and/or having other things interfer with the "pure" week. Actually I'm looking forward to eating clean too. It's only been since the 7th that I've been eating paleo but I feel it's right. I've had a few bumps along the way but have not missed dairy or eggs, and even though I'm going to have to severely curtail fruit I'm going to be ready when you all are (I think!) So please keep this thread alive and speak out about a proposed start date. Hope things ease for those who are having a bad time just now.
  #85   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-07, 20:39
Experimenter

BF:

I think we're all just going to do it when it fits our schedule. It'd be too hard to try to coordinate with everyone.
  #86   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-07, 01:50
Slightly foxed

Plan: Take over the world,Pinky
Stats: 284/275/224 Male 5'7"
BF:No, I'm straight
Progress: 15%

If all goes well today, then I'm aiming for next week.
  #87   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-07, 06:48

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonIan
If all goes well today, then I'm aiming for next week.

I think I'm going to start planning for next week as well. Hope it gets better for you Ian.
  #88   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-07, 08:09

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 137/135/130 Female 5' 6"
BF:Don't know
Progress: 29%

Well, I think I'm ready so will start "pure paleo" today. Had chicken for breakfast and will go forward from there. I'm going to add greens and berries when I feel like it but not going to push them if meat/fish is satisfying me. No dairy, no grains of any kind even rice, no eggs, butter, oil, no tomatoes, nightshades etc. and only dark green leafy veggies and romaine - no dressings, almonds and walnuts. BUT will have my coffee - 1 large cup black, and a 4oz glass of red in the early evening and will use salt and pepper and a few fresh herbs like basil, tarragon and thyme which I grow. No sweets of any kind even honey. If I want something creamy I'll use coconut milk/cream on berries. Here I go!! Will finish my week on Tuesday the 19th. Going to a BBQ on the 17th but plan to stay on plan...I'm feeling so much energy lately that I have no fears!!!!! just anticipation and joy.
  #89   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-07, 08:15
Dazilous

Plan: NeanderkIF
Stats: 140/114/110 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

What is it about this time of year that suddenly everyone wants you to be everywhere, and be eating?? Life is what happenes to you when, right? Who cares when we all start...I think we should keep this an ongoing challenge.

I'm starting as of today...well, pretty much. There's a couple of un-paleo items in the fridge that I'll need to eat up (hummus and nut cake w/ AS in) but other than that I'm going for it. I don't know what's going on in my bod, but something has aggravated it and I want to just keep things simple.

I am also going to aim for as much local foodstuffs as possible. I've got 2 farmers markets I can hit during the week for both meat and veg, but most of the meat I've got on hand isn't local so it'll be veg for now. I did score some bison from a farmer about 3 hours from me, and he's going to be a weekly fixture at my neighbourhood FM so I'll be eating lots of it this summer! Anyway I'm going to make an effort to eat as indigenous/local to Ontario as possible.
  #90   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-07, 09:15

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by waywardsis
Anyway I'm going to make an effort to eat as indigenous/local to Ontario as possible.
!

Way to go WaywardSis! It's exciting to find local farmers who raise meat. I live in an "enlightened" area of Central North Carolina, and I swear, there are as many vegetarians as there are Ph.D's around here (but somehow, the draw the line at BBQ). Not that I'm complaining, 'cause if ever there was a famine...

But really, I too have discovered recently the fact that there ARE local farmers raising meats without traditional purveyance of agri-chemicals and medicinals. Farmer's Markets, to turn one of your phrases, Frackin' rock!