Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Sat, May-05-07, 02:50

Plan: Keto
Stats: 410/319/260 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 61%

Hi Judy,

Thanks for coming over and cheering us on. We're a small group, so an extra cheer is much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sat, May-05-07, 02:51

BF:

Hi Ladibug,

You're so welcome. I'm glad you like it.
  #63   ^
Old Sat, May-05-07, 10:46

Plan: The Virgin Diet
Stats: 124.2/118.6/100 Female 58.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

Todays menu:
LLC and hot lime water

Brunch: salmon, 2 poached eggs on a bed of saute'd cabbage, mushrooms and red bell pepper. Had dandelion root tea. (Not bad. Of course I'm used to drinking herb teas. Wish they were allowed on the FFP)
Snack: apple slices with cinnamon
Dinner: Hamburger patty, side salad with zesty flax dressing.
Snack: blueberry smoothie

10 minutes on mini tramp
no walking

Quote:
I'm so happy for all 3 of you!!

Thanks Judy. I'm the new kid on the block & still learning, but I like what's happening to my body this week.
  #64   ^
Old Sat, May-05-07, 12:03
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladibug52
Had dandelion root tea. (Not bad. Of course I'm used to drinking herb teas. Wish they were allowed on the FFP)

Are they not alowed then? I have been drinking Herbal, like mixed berry and chamomile....hmmmm, will look into that then. Does it say that in the book?

Fat Flush Day 25 - weight back down to 195.5

PB: long life cocktail, Hot Lemon water
B: Small can tuna with salad, red peppers and half a grapefruit mixed in (sounds horrid, tasted yummy!) with flax oil 'french' dressing
S: Apple
L: Tuna Salad
S: Strawberry smoothie with 1 tablespoon flax oil
D: Hamburger with cabbage and green beans

Water 100floz
  #65   ^
Old Sat, May-05-07, 12:30

BF:

Hi Foxie,

From what I have read, it says only organic coffe or dandelion root tea.
  #66   ^
Old Sat, May-05-07, 13:02

BF:

Day 10 - Fat Flush Plan (P1)

Weight: 328.2 (+.6)

LLC

Hot Lemon water

B: Spinach sauteed with chicken broth, cayenne, garlic, onion powder and two steamed eggs

1.5 C coffee

S: None

L: Poached Salmon, asparagus spears, FFP Caesar dressing

S: Super Strawberry smoothie with cranwater, stevia, and flaxseeds.

D: Poached Salmon, salsa, asparagus, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, yellow bell pepper and caesar dressing

S: Apple

Throughout day drink 2L cranwater and 1.5L water.

Last edited by Stardust : Sat, May-05-07 at 15:55.
  #67   ^
Old Sat, May-05-07, 22:56

Plan: The Virgin Diet
Stats: 124.2/118.6/100 Female 58.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxgluvs
Are they not alowed then? I have been drinking Herbal, like mixed berry and chamomile....hmmmm, will look into that then. Does it say that in the book?

No, they're not allowed until Phase 3. I really miss them so I bought the dandelion root tea Friday. I put a touch of Stevia in mine. It's not my favorite, but I'll drink it.

I can't believe I didn't add my weight to my menu post this morning. Weight was 112.8 down 2# from Friday and makes it a total of 5 lbs. in 5 days. Whoo-hoo!! On South Beach Phase 1, I lost 5 pounds in two weeks and thought that was wonderful.
  #68   ^
Old Sun, May-06-07, 00:44

BF:

Why can we make tea from allowable things like ginger and parsley? Ginger tea made from fresh ginger is really good. My kids love it. If you're retaining water or what a bit more potassium, fresh parsley tea is a good choice.
  #69   ^
Old Sun, May-06-07, 00:45

BF:

Quote:
No, they're not allowed until Phase 3. I really miss them so I bought the dandelion root tea Friday. I put a touch of Stevia in mine. It's not my favorite, but I'll drink it.

I can't believe I didn't add my weight to my menu post this morning. Weight was 112.8 down 2# from Friday and makes it a total of 5 lbs. in 5 days. Whoo-hoo!! On South Beach Phase 1, I lost 5 pounds in two weeks and thought that was wonderful.

WTG! You're doing great. You're going to be to goal in no time. Are you planning to follow the plan through phase #3? If so you'll have to let us know how it is.

Keep up the great work.
  #70   ^
Old Sun, May-06-07, 00:46
From Flab to Fab!

Quote:

I can't believe I didn't add my weight to my menu post this morning. Weight was 112.8 down 2# from Friday and makes it a total of 5 lbs. in 5 days. Whoo-hoo!!

Well done you!!! And seeing as you're already a 'lower' weight, that's even more fantastic

Bummer about the herbal teas
  #71   ^
Old Sun, May-06-07, 00:47
From Flab to Fab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust
Why can we make tea from allowable things like ginger and parsley? Ginger tea made from fresh ginger is really good. My kids love it. If you're retaining water or what a bit more potassium, fresh parsley tea is a good choice.

I can't see why not! Good idea
  #72   ^
Old Sun, May-06-07, 00:57
From Flab to Fab!

I think this is a very valuable post over on the FF forum...so I am sharing it here

Tips about moving through the phases! It was written by our very own Csoar

http://www.annlouiseforum.com/forum...?TOPIC_ID=13118

Quote:
Ok, first off, some of us suffer from the "it's working so well I don' wanna mess with it" theory of P2 delay. Others find themselves nibbling off-plan here and there until they look back and find the FF wagon receding in the distance. Still others jump gratefully into P2 with so much enthusiasm that they lose sight of a primary P2 goal: watching for possible food allergies/sensitivities/triggers.

1) P1 is working so well, Why do I hafta move to P2?
Because phase 2 is the longterm weightloss phase. If you could stay on P1 until all your excess weight was gone, the FFP would be a 2 phase plan (duh!). There aren't enough daily calories in P1 to sustain an adult for long, which is why there is a 4 week limit on it.
SOLUTION: Move to P2 after a maximum of 4 consecutive weeks of P1. You can ALWAYS jump back to P1 (I did that, every 3 months) to keep your body guessing.

2) Food Boredom
Eating the same two or three dishes over and over sorta works for a 2-week P1. It is a deadly strategy for the long term weightloss phase, however. Trust me here, you WILL get tired of the same food and sooner or later OFF-PLAN food looks better and you'll find yourself saying "I've been good...I DESERVE <insert cheat here>" which is a specious piece of rationalization if I've ever heard of one. C'mon folks, let's get real. If you've been GOOD, you DESERVE to be slender and healthy. Eating off-plan won't give you what you want MOST.
SOLUTION: NEW FOOD! NEW SPICES! NEW RECIPES! Make two new recipes per week. Eat two new foods per week. Don't forget that moving to P2 expands your spice cabinet.

3) FOOD SENSITIVITIES/ALLERGIES/TRIGGERS
Just because a food is Fat Flush friendly (FFF) doesn't mean your body will like it. Think about this one for a bit, because you may have your mouth all set for bread and find to your dismay, that your body is agin it. If you re-read pages 20-24, you'll remember what some foods can do to the body even though the MOUTH says "YUM!"
SOLUTION: Follow the P2 protocol for adding back friendly carbs (pages 69-70) instead of just blythely adding 'em in any ol' which way. (witch way? heh heh). Pay ATTENTION to what your body is telling you. Be a detective. Say you start with a slice of bread on Monday. On Wednesday, you drive by McDonalds - catch a whiff of the sizzling transfat and next thing you know, you're in the drive-through ordering fries. Wot just happened? Could it be that the bread you started eating on Monday is responsible?
Yah. Could very well be. What do you do? Stop eating the bread and switch to another P2 carb. Be attentive. The lessons you learn about your body in P2 (and later, in P3) are ones you will live by for the rest of your long, healthy, slender life.

4) Continued cravings, low energy, etc.
If you completed a reasonably cheat-free P1 and find yourself still beset by cravings, fatigue, bloat, other symptoms, it's time to consider other influences. The most common causes include:
a. adrenal burnout (low energy, salt craving, etc)
b. systemic yeast (craving sweets, bloat, etc.)
c. parasitic infection (craving sweets, muscle aches/pains, persistent flu-like symptoms)
d. over-exercising (hungry all the time)
e. discontinuing supplements...just 'because'
f. undereating ("forgetting" to get in FSO, adequate protein, etc)
g. not getting enough sleep (this WILL catch up to you! )
SOLUTION: Review the P2 eating protocols. Check your journal - are you getting everything in? Exercise levels appropriate for your phase? Take a test to find if you are infected, burntout, etc. (use the lovely search feature to find more info on testing or go to ALG's store).

5) WEIGHTLOSS SLOWS/PLATEAU
Guess what? You won't continue to lose weight as fast in P2 as you did in P1. That's a GOOD thing, so get over it. A sustainable, healthy rate of loss is 1-2 pounds/week. Keep in mind that there WILL be weeks when you don't lose pounds. As long as you are eating to plan, DON'T PANIC! It's just your body taking some time to readjust to it's smaller size. The official FFP definition of a weightloss plateau is no loss of weight OR inches for 3 consecutive weeks.
SOLUTION: Stick to the plan - don't give yourself any frankenfood "treats." DON'T PANIC!! Stress releases cortisol which foils weight loss. Review your journal. Confirm that you are doing everything you should. If 3 weeks roll around and you are definitely in a plateau, post about it here. Don't just drop out of site/sight. We can't help you if we don't know you're floundering.

6) P2 (and P3) friendly carb servings are generally 1/2 cup, cooked. Some are described as "small" (YOUR definition of small and MY definition of small may differ greatly. When in doubt, measure it out!)
  #73   ^
Old Sun, May-06-07, 02:27

BF:

What a great idea, Foxie. I had read that over there and think it's great info to share, as I am sure we all will face some of these problems at some point.
  #74   ^
Old Sun, May-06-07, 09:22
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

FF Phase 1 - Day 1

LLC
Lemon Water
small (6oz) cup of organic fair trade bird friendly coffee

Brkfst.

2oz salmon (canned red sockey) mixed with celery, green onion and apple cider vinegar. Tomato slices. 1 Tbsp Flax oil.
  #75   ^
Old Sun, May-06-07, 09:26

BF:

Hi Koko,

Glad you decided to join us.