Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-07, 06:48

Plan: Paleolithic
Stats: 243/179/179 Male 5-11
BF:
Progress: 100%

I ponder what they will add to it next.
High Fructose Corn Syrup?
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-07, 07:47

Plan: Paleo/Low Cal
Stats: 000/000/200 Male 5 ft 10 in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatGood
I ponder what they will add to it next.
High Fructose Corn Syrup?

I can see the reasoning written on the wall: "Well, uh, almonds are 'spozed ta be good for ya, I wunder if we coated 'em in some uh that there syrup if people'd eat more of 'em?"

Please excuse my cynical nature this morning...
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-07, 21:23

Plan: life without bread
Stats: 150/130/130 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatGood
Sometimes I really think that people are more addicted to Grain and Sugar than they think.

It's true. I think I'm probably still addicted to them, as I can't seem to go more than a week or two without a small "cheat." I have a relative who has Crohn's disease and I mentioned to him that he might want to look into avoiding gluten - he said "that means no pasta, right? I'd rather die." I try not to flagellate myself over my dietary transgressions though. I am eating so much better than I used to and almost every one of my cheats is due to a social event - I'm not about to become a hermit. But see, there's my addiction talking, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProteusOne
Hmmm, this has got me to thinking, and it's bringing out my "community development" alter-self. I wonder if there's anything we could do as a group that might help influence decisions in a positive way.

Dude, if you come up with anything I am so there.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Apr-27-07, 02:29

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 000/200/000 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
I was looking as cnn.com today and decided to check out the Dr. Gupta section. There's a fit top-10 list there today, which I will paste here, thanks to cnn...

FIT NATION CHECKLIST

1. Learn your family health history
2. Make fitness fun
3. Get at least 30-minutes of exercise daily
4. Drink water
5. Be a role model for children
6. Take the stairs
7. Be consistent
8. Do the math
9. Eat a healthy breakfast
10. Involve the whole family

This is so vague that I am unsure if there is anything here to talk about. Isn't this the stuff we've been hearing all our lives? Or am I just being too skeptical? I can see the importance of #3 and #4, but that's it. If I tried to "Involve my entire family," for instance, I'd never get anything done, let alone eat sensibly! The other questions just beg the question, "Do what?"

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, that list is retarded, that guy's head should be shaved and used for setting ribs on it, although after second thought I might not eat ribs off some retards head.

Ok, here's an idea, you know how people scared into eating like the food pyramid suggests? telling lies that they will all die of heart attacks if they adapt a diet like this? well perhaps if we created something opposite of that, showing the dangers and health problems caused by eating grains and like the food pyramid, except we won't be lying!!!

Imagine, taking pictures of a healthy 20-30 yr old woman, man and child and point out ALL the illnesses that might, can and will result from eating like that and advancing 20-30-40 years later, Arthiritis, chopped off legs from diabetes, make it worse than the texas chainsaw massarcre, hannibal lecter, etc..... basically transform their images, from a smiling 25 yr old man to an old man with 1 leg, half blind, can barely walk and the smile removed perhaps with text or a soft concerned voice saying, is this what you consider healthy?

And then a sudden reversal of effects, improved health, better looks, hot chicks running around half naked focusing on the girl on the beach to put pressure on women, and to appeal to men/women and ripped muscular guys(same concept) smiling at them and everyone having fun, getting together after.

Also, Growing old without these effects (very important part), since we showed a very traumatic image that we earlier said will happen to them, we need to show and let them know also, that this will not happen if they follow this "diet" and that this is their only salvatation, along with other methods.

Cheating perhaps , but why should we fight fair? we want to get a point across and it's not like we're doing harm to people, quite the contrary.

Imagine something like this, like the Meatrix or these videos published out there about global warming etc....... a good video, not too long to bore people, not too short, focuses on the dangers of the S.A.D. and the food pyramid and that the cure is eating Paleo/lowcarb and what mfers are doing to our food and bodies intentionally, showing them as evil.

It's all psychology and advetisement, it's quite easy and it works both ways, it will be harder trying to de-program people from what they have been taught all their lives but many do it without the de programming.

I'm only supporting this though because if more people insist on the companies/gov not messing with their food then they might comply from pressure, however if they(gov/companies) were not doing so, I wouldn't bother, let people eat the way they do, more food for us.

[/evil plan to convert people to the paleo diet]

[Plan to take over the world]

Last edited by CVH : Fri, Apr-27-07 at 02:45.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Apr-27-07, 06:41

Plan: Paleolithic
Stats: 243/179/179 Male 5-11
BF:

I personally like the method of creating doubt in others and leading others by example. Like I said, I have had friends tell me repeatedly, oh you will get fat if you eat fat, yet now I simply say, well I have lost 30lbs, feel strong, don't look pale, and have plenty of energy, so something must be working. Thus creating doubt in them about their belief that fat = fat.

I have also had a friend of the family ask about what I have been doing and wanted to have the website for Paleodiet.com because weight watchers is just not working for her, and she is feeling hungry all the time.

So I think we make an impact even when we just lead by example.
But I totally understand what you are saying, it is annoying to hear someone bad mouth our WOE, or spread propaganda, while we take a more noble path and say nothing.
So if I hear someone spreading propaganda, I will speak up.
If you really want to see propaganda at work, go to rawveganmom.com .
She is a huge advocate for not eating meat, and will use the same typical scare tactics of animal cruelty to get people to join her cause. I also post on a website that she posts on, and have to constantly counter her propaganda, when she blames all the grain and sugar issues on meat.
But I try to be nice about it and try to remember that she is only trying to do what she feels is right and what she feels is best for others as well.
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Apr-27-07, 07:55

Plan: Paleo/Low Cal
Stats: 000/000/200 Male 5 ft 10 in
BF:
Progress: 0%

I have to agree that setting a good example, no, a great example, is probably the best that we can do for ourselves, and thus others. After all, if I can't set a great example, then perhaps I should seriously reexamine what it is I'm doing. MeatGood, you have actually made a huge impact even if you've only made one person "curious." You may lead a horse to water... as the saying goes.

Big ideas, even if they are very simple, often take a while to catch on and are probably more robust and stronger for it. Elvis was vehemently opposed by the establishment at first, and so was Copernicus. Now, where would we be without those two?
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Apr-27-07, 10:27

Plan: Paleo/IF
Stats: 165/148/120 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 38%

Quote:
I have to agree that setting a good example, no, a great example, is probably the best that we can do for ourselves, and thus others. After all, if I can't set a great example, then perhaps I should seriously reexamine what it is I'm doing. MeatGood, you have actually made a huge impact even if you've only made one person "curious." You may lead a horse to water... as the saying goes.

Very True. Medice, cura te ipsum!
Once in my salad days I’d been into preaching thing by vehemently trying to convert ppl into healthy woe. Then after being kicked at several times for my good intentions, I’ve quietened and just kept silently my wol, helping only those who got interest in it.
But as soon as I started to change, to look definitely younger (despite I’m 27 bus men now ask me: “School ticket?” ), as soon as a few of coworkers who followed evolutionary diet started to lose weight and get spectacularly healthier, some of the naysayer haven’t only stopped attacking us, but seem to show interest in it and flood us with questions.

While… the rest is still sniggling behind the back. How sad!

And the checklist is ridiculous. Did it take him much time to make it up? Or just copied from ediet site?