Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Mar-10-07, 17:38
Kitchen Experimenter

Plan: General LC Maintenance
Stats: 230/160/165 Male 70 inches
BF:way less now
Progress: 108%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleH
I can't spend that kind of money on sweetzfree to save 0.5 g carb (1 packet of splenda) in this recipe. If my CCL or CCM was 10 or something I would probably consider it. I assume the sweetwater is similar in cost? What's in it anyway.

You should figure out exactly how much you are paying for those packets. Unless you are getting an out of this world price for them you are paying much more per cups worth than you do for Sweetzfree which works out to about 67 cents per cups worth of sweetening power.
SweetWater which is the same ingredients (sucralose without the fillers) as sweetzfree is even lower priced at 47 cents per cups worth of sweetening power.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Mar-10-07, 18:56
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpa
SweetWater which is the same ingredients (sucralose without the fillers) as sweetzfree is even lower priced at 47 cents per cups worth of sweetening power.

Kevin--do you have a link to sweetwater??

Elle--I purchased a 2oz bottle of sweetzfree over a year ago--I still have 1/4 bottle remaining--to me, it's worth it.

Lisa
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Mar-10-07, 19:12
Kitchen Experimenter

Plan: General LC Maintenance
Stats: 230/160/165 Male 70 inches
BF:way less now
Progress: 108%

go to ebay and do a search on "sweetwater" ....right now he has a 1 and 2 oz bottle but if you want larger amounts you can email him and he will put larger amounts up for bid so you can buy it. I got 4 oz. and had it in 3 days.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Mar-10-07, 20:45
Registered Member

Plan: my own 30 grams a meal
Stats: 211/136/145 Female 66 in.
BF:
Progress: 114%

What do you use it for? Is it like a food on it's own or a topping... I just use choc. rediwhip.. like 2 carbs.
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Mar-10-07, 20:56

Plan: Controlled carbs
Stats: 218/195/150 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 34%

I heard that a pinch of coffee powder added to chocolate intensifies the chocolate taste. Try it and tell me.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Mar-19-07, 15:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

You can use your recipe but don't whip it. Instead add some of the liquid spenda and and water that someone suggested but add several packets of knox gelatin and you should be able to cut it like finger jello. I have a mold that makes jelly beans from jello and it is great for these little gummy sweets. Besides, gelatin is protein.
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Apr-06-07, 20:15
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/137/137 Female 5'6"
BF:28%
Progress: 100%

I made a coffee version of the whipped cream tonight...it was delish. I'm going to post it in it's own thread.

I guess the sweetzfree is less expensive per serving. I may order some when I get lower on my packets. I use maybe 1 packet a day. Some days 2 or 3, but most days, 1.
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Apr-06-07, 20:19
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/137/137 Female 5'6"
BF:28%
Progress: 100%
Default Elle's Coffee Whipped Cream

Ok I finally tried this tonight and all I can say is OMG! I couldn't taste the chocolate at all...it just tasted like Haagen Daaz Coffee Ice Cream to me...my all time favorite ice cream. I have visions of this as a topping to the 3 minute chocolate cake or the warm chocolate mock danish... OMG!

1/2 C heavy cream
1/2 tsp instant decaf coffee crystals (or more)
1 T Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa Powder (or regular, I guess)
3 pkts sweetener (adjust to your liking)
dash vanilla

Beat to desired consistency. 1-2 servings. YUM...
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-07, 11:33

Stats: 175.0/132.2/135.0 Female 5'6"
BF:less than before!
Progress: 107%

With it being Easter today and being surrounded by temptations, I whipped up a batch of this chocolate whipped cream just after breakfast just in case the urge for chocolate took over me. I'm glad I had it ready because I just inhaled half a cup of the whipped cream. WHEW! It saved me from a major binge!
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-07, 20:24

Stats: 225/197/125 Female 69
BF:30.5%/26.7%/18.5%
Progress: 28%

I am sitting here literally with tears in my eyes (I even cry at sad commercials lol)

God bless everyone (and pleasant thoughts to those who don't believe) for posting this recipe and the variations on it.

I have an extremely severe cheating problem. Today I went to the grocery store and bought the ingredients for this-and I was hungry (MISTAKE! I should not shop for food when I'm hungry!) and the bad voice on my shoulder sent me down the ice cream aisle (other side has the cocoa powder etc) I actually looked for low carb ice cream, and I think I'd have bought it if they had some.

It's about 1015 at night here, and this is the worst time for me as far as cheating-I've been studying all day and I'm used to munching while I study. While I was cooking dinner, I had a feeling I would be wanting to cheat, so I whipped up a batch and stuck it in the freezer in 'dollops' Just now, I literally would have eaten a chocolate bar if I had one-but I remembered those whipped cream treats and tried one.

Heaven! I don't feel like cheating anymore, they were GOOD, not just "good for low carb"

I was really doubting myself, but I think you gals (and guys) have just given me a HUGE tool to fight my demons with! Not only does it satisfy the want chocolate monster, when frozen it tackles the want icecream monster, and I have a feeling if I put it in coffee, it will take care of the want mocha monster!

I can't thank you enough, and to those lurking and thinking 'oh it sounds so hard' and 'not something for a hip youngster like me' just try it once! You'll be hooked (I think I could get Mr Nag to eat this too-and he'd never know what was special about it)

I even made it by hand, as in my apt at school I don't have a whisk, beaters, or electric mixer (why I don't have a whisk, I don't know, but they were out at the store, I'll get one later-or maybe not. The hand-mixing process is a good 'exercise' in paying for the treats-my hand sure got tired! but it's worth it, and truely only took a few mins)

Sorry to pontificate so long, but I am just so excited and thankful-you've really made a difference in my life today!