Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-07, 11:59

Plan: not sure-low carb
Stats: 255/246/200 Male 5' 11"
BF:24%
Progress: 16%

Thanks again Barbara

I'm a designer in the automotive field. Yet I can not design a decent meal plan go figure!

Bye
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-07, 13:17

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/160/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Quote:
I'm a designer in the automotive field.
Just think of it as an exploration of alternative energy systems.

In a carb-rich system, excess fuel gets stored as fat. In a fat/protein rich system, excess fuel gets excreted as ketones. Fat-burning is relatively INefficient, so you can eat more, lose more, and have a real good time.

For more crunch, you can bake squares of cheese into crispies and use them as "crackers." Recipe is probably somewhere on this site.
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-07, 15:10

Talking

Hale to the chief! Thanks again.
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Feb-19-07, 15:35

Default Still losing update!

The induction phase is over and I never reached the purple on the stick! I'm going to stay on it for another week. Total weight loss 12.2 pounds. The hunger is now gone as of this past Friday. I worked all week end on my race truck and felt great. Checked my supplies and found that I ate three Chicken breast and two gallons of lemon spiked water in two days. This diet has become very easy to deal with.
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Feb-19-07, 16:21
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Shovel, some folks swear by the ketostix, whereas others just swear at them! The fact is that the things just never change color for some people, so don't worry about it. If you're losing weight and your clothing is feeling looser, then you're most likely in ketosis.
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Feb-20-07, 08:12

Thanks senior member,
I have moved two hole sizes on my belt because my pants seem to be growing, or I'm getting shorter. I feel great and I love the fact that I'm not hungry at all. This is really quite easy, at least for now!
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Feb-20-07, 08:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 139/129/115 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 42%

I have not lost anymore in a week or so...I know it is because I don't drink enough water...today I am gonna MAKE myself drink more water...I just HATE water...it is so boring. I have not gained any weight tho, so that is good...I just have a few pounds to go, but I was so psyched because I was losing it so fast...and now nothing.
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Feb-20-07, 09:15

It will be fine. I drink a lot of water per day for me. I try never to drop under a gallon per day. I do use lemon juice with Stevia a lot. Water becomes very boring after 32 oz of it so I need the lemon juice and Stevia as a sweetner. No carbs great taste.
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Feb-20-07, 12:56
Registered Member

Stats: 150/112.8/115 Female 5' 3"
BF:34/20/25
Progress: 106%

I try to drink a lot more now, too, and have found that if I add unsweetened Kool-Aid with Sweetzfree to my water, it is much more enjoyable. It is carb-free and flavor-full! I drink the whole half-gallon in one day.
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Feb-21-07, 09:34

I have never heard of Sweetzfree is it a natural sweetener?
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Feb-22-07, 05:56
Registered Member

Stats: 150/112.8/115 Female 5' 3"
BF:34/20/25
Progress: 106%

Sweetzfree is the liquid form of sucralose. Splenda has to "bulk up" sucralose to make it work in a packet, so they use maltodextrin. That's why one packet has 1 carb. Google Sweetzfree to find their website. It's a little pricey, but worth every dime. 1/4 teaspoonful has the sweetness of 1 cup of sugar, and 1 drop, about 1 heaping teaspoon. A little goes a LONG way. Worth the money, to me.
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Feb-23-07, 08:02

Connie thanks for the info on Sweetzfree. I just read about Sweetzfree online, very interesting. I use Stevia which is a natural plant extract. I use the liquid form in anything that I have a desire to sweeten. I included some info below.

I have found an interesting combination that is working out great for me. I have started to make pita rolls using turkey and or chicken with different greens added. Each low carb pita has 6 carbs and a 1/2 cup of greens .5 carbs. Slightly toasted for some important crunch and I'm a happy man. Since Sunday three more pounds and feeling like I'm in the LC Zone!
Have a great weekend all.

Stevia is an extract from the leaves of the stevia plant, and it is approximately 200 to 300 times sweeter than sugar. It has been described as the sweetest supplement on earth. What’s truly extraordinary about stevia is that even though it is so sweet, it has no calories and it’s actually beneficial to health! Stevia is available in convenient packets or in bulk to spoon into beverages and foods. Either way, you’ll want to have it on hand at all times.

No Sugar
No Calories
No Carbohydrates
No unpleasant aftertaste
Natural Stevia Sweetener
All Natural Stevia Rebaudiana
Unlike sugar and artificial sugar substitutes, the steviosides in this product do not adversely affect blood glucose levels