Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-27-07, 12:17

Plan: no sugar no flour, Atkins
Stats: 196.5/175/120 Female 5 feet 3 inch
BF:JUST HAD A BABY
Progress: 28%
Default Back after a hard year

This last year has been tremendously hard on me. I had to go to treatment for an eating disorder. I had lost too much weight. I was on a number of different antidepressants and binging got out of control, now i am considered "obease" again. I have tried everything, but the only thing that has worked for me was Adkins, so i am back. I know now where i went wrong the first time, and i know that i won't be doing that again. I am here to get healthy. I can' t take the weight anymore
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-27-07, 12:29
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 142/140/120 Female 63 in
BF:
Progress: 9%

Welcome back!! That is great that you are ready to take control of your health and you are able to look back and make improvements based on that. I've just restarted (and recommitted!) myself this past week after a long year and a half thanks to pregnancy and binging. After a few days on Atkins, I am already feeling great and soon you will be too!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-27-07, 12:32

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 379/360/220 Male 75
BF:
Progress:

Hello, and good luck.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-27-07, 12:38
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 142/140/120 Female 63 in
BF:
Progress: 9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaicaker
This last year has been tremendously hard on me. I had to go to treatment for an eating disorder. I had lost too much weight. I was on a number of different antidepressants and binging got out of control, now i am considered "obease" again. I have tried everything, but the only thing that has worked for me was Adkins, so i am back. I know now where i went wrong the first time, and i know that i won't be doing that again. I am here to get healthy. I can' t take the weight anymore

I just checked out your MySpace. Nice page! I like that song you have on there.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-27-07, 13:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 263/228/170 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

Don't worry too much about labels. While, clinically, you may be 20% more than your "ideal" body weight, that doesn't mean that there is something wrong with you. One thing that concerns me with your history of an eating disorder is your stated goal weight of 100 pounds. Unless you are 5 feet tall or shorter, 100 pounds is NOT a healthy weight. You might want to reassess your goals a little bit, and make sure they are realistic to maintain.

I was 185 when I was 23 years old, too. (I'm 5'8".) And I thought I was the fattest cow on the planet. 15 years and countless yo-yo diets later, I would KILL to be 185 again. Just know that the diet-binge cycle can ruin your metabolism, and you could end up like me--with 100 pounds to lose. If I could do it all over again, I would try to maintain a healthy 185, rather than chasing and, ultimately, giving up on an unrealistic goal.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-27-07, 13:59
Registered Member

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 159/146/125 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:It's melting off!

[QUOTE=jamaicaker]This last year has been tremendously hard on me. I had to go to treatment for an eating disorder. I had lost too much weight. I was on a number of different antidepressants and binging got out of control, now i am considered "obease" again. I have tried everything, but the only thing that has worked for me was Adkins, so i am back. I know now where i went wrong the first time, and i know that i won't be doing that again. I am here to get healthy. I can' t take the weight anymore

Welcome back, you can do it!!!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-27-07, 13:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 263/228/170 Female 68 inches
BF:

Jamaicak,
I just read your fitday journal and have one question for you, "Are you freaking kidding me?" No disrespect, but 12 cups of broccoli?? Is that really what you're eating?

You must realize that you've posted on the Atkins website, so I hope you'll forgive me when I ask if you've read Dr. Atkins' book. I am really pulling for you. I have been where you are, and I can tell you that eating 12 cups of brocollli and a potato every day, are not life-sustaining behaviors. Eating like that is like trying to hold your breath. You can only do it for so long before you either die or start gasping for breath (or food as the case may be.)

Please, please read Dr. Atkins book. Eat protein. Eat fat. Enjoy your food. Don't ruin your young metabolism with extreme eating patterns.

Ok, I'm done preaching, but I'll be keeping an eye on you.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jan-27-07, 15:12

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 149/138/132 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 65%

I also looked at your fitday, that is not an Atkins diet! Be very careful your playing with fire again. Read his book, I'm rooting for you.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jan-27-07, 17:12

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Jamaicaker, let me add my voice to the others who are concerned from reading your Fitday entries.
Over the past 5 days, you are averaging less than 1,000 calories per day, 175 grams of carb per day and an average of 7 grams of fat per day.
Are you sure that you've recorded your food correctly? Because if you are, it doesn't look like low carb as most of us understand it.
Please remember that getting healthy is about more than just scale weight.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jan-28-07, 19:20

I wasn't doing adkins those days, like i said i just came back. As for the broccoli issue, i saw that and i think i ment to put something else. i do eat a lot of broccoli throughout the day, though. i am actually going to be doing a carb cycle. The program is called "Burn the fat, feed the muscle". I am going to be cycling my carbs on a 3-2-1 program. I read a lot of information about low carb diets, cause i don't want to mess up this time. I don;t want to be scared of healthy carbs, like i was before. Doing this program allows me to trick my body so that i don't slow down my metabolism, because you need fat, protien, and carbs to all burn fat. You don't have to be in ketosis to burn fat. THank you all for your support. My fit day is a day ahead because i wanted to plan ahead and make sure i got my percentages right for the day.

Tomorrow is a high day and the first day. My weekend was horrible food wise.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jan-28-07, 19:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTisha
I just checked out your MySpace. Nice page! I like that song you have on there.

thanks. it is from jackass 2 soundtrack.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jan-28-07, 19:30

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaicaker
I wasn't doing adkins those days, like i said i just came back. As for the broccoli issue, i saw that and i think i ment to put something else. i do eat a lot of broccoli throughout the day, though. i am actually going to be doing a carb cycle. The program is called "Burn the fat, feed the muscle". I am going to be cycling my carbs on a 3-2-1 program. I read a lot of information about low carb diets, cause i don't want to mess up this time. I don;t want to be scared of healthy carbs, like i was before. Doing this program allows me to trick my body so that i don't slow down my metabolism, because you need fat, protien, and carbs to all burn fat. You don't have to be in ketosis to burn fat. THank you all for your support. My fit day is a day ahead because i wanted to plan ahead and make sure i got my percentages right for the day.

Tomorrow is a high day and the first day. My weekend was horrible food wise.

Jamaicaker, may I suggest, then, that you change the plan in your profile and post in the semi-low carb forum? If you post in the Atkins forum and list Atkins as your plan, the advice you get will be based on the assumption that you are trying to follow the Atkins plan.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jan-29-07, 07:06

yeah, i need 2 update stuff
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jan-29-07, 20:33

Day one and i feel good on the carb cycling thing. Already have tomorrow food plan done on today's fit day journal. Tomorrow i have class until 10pm. it will be a harder day.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jan-31-07, 21:26

Today was day 3, doing good, but haven't checked my weight yet. TOday i didn't work out cause i didn't get much sleep last night (i had a class). WOrking out tomorrow morning though