Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Dec-07-06, 14:18

Plan: Dr. Atkin's
Stats: 216/206.4/135 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 12%

well, i passed my glucose tolerance test. i was so worried about it because i didn't read the instructions carefully and i missed the part that i was supposed to eat 150+ grams of carbs for three days before the test. my dr said to just eat as much carbs as i could before 8:00 the night before the test. so i treated myself to a burger, curly fries, and a oreo shake. felt TERRIBLE after - nauseous and lethargic. the good thing is that now i have no cravings or desire to eat that kind of junk again.

baby's either in the 92 percentile for growth, or i'm 1.5-2 weeks further than i thought. since i was on birth control when i got preggers, i'm not sure when my last period was. i'm hoping that i'm further along. i don't want to deliver a huge baby and i'm ready to give birth already!!

next visit is in 4 weeks, then i start going every other week. i'm excited and i'm looking forward to starting my lamaze classes soon.

my (tentative) birth plan is to do this naturally without an epidural and use meditation, relaxation and breathing techniques to help me. of course, we'll see how that goes. my dr says that lots of women say that and once the labor hits, all their plans go out the window. i'm pretty flexible when it comes to dealing with situations, so if all doesn't go as planned, i'm not going to freak out. mostly i'm just excited about finally being able to hold my son.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Fri, Dec-08-06, 08:05
This is the year

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

That's great Hulagrl! I'm so glad you passed your test.
Your dr is right about staying flexible. It's a good attitude to have. With my 1st, I was gung-ho before labor about all natural etc. About 10 hrs in I wanted the epidural!!
  #63   ^
Old Mon, Dec-11-06, 20:39

Plan: My Own
Stats: 262/235.4/170 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

i should find out about the 3 hour GD test tomorrow ... a bit anxious but ready all in the same.....

ttyl.
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Dec-12-06, 05:15

Plan: Stillman/Atkins
Stats: 251/251/175 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Have you ever been told not to eat peanuts when you are pregnant?
  #65   ^
Old Tue, Dec-12-06, 13:23

BF:

hi safa,

no, no one has specifically told me to eat peanuts. unless i'm mistaken, they do have good omegas and oils that can contribute to baby's brain development. i hate nuts, though, so i take supplements to get those things. did someone tell you to start eating them?
  #66   ^
Old Wed, Dec-13-06, 08:34
This is the year

BF:

I haven't heard that one. I could see that if there is a peanut allergy in your family that they might want you to refrain. I was told not to eat peanuts while breastfeeding for that reason. I'm not allergic to peanuts but I do have a couple other food allergies and the pedi didn't want to chance Emily developing any early on.
  #67   ^
Old Fri, Dec-15-06, 19:09

BF:

well i do have GD ... no big deal since i had it last time as well. worst part is taking my blood sugar every 2 hours .... hahah. oh well ... i am 28 weeks so i only have about 10 weeks left .... time sure goes by fast !!!!!

have a good weekend ladies!
  #68   ^
Old Sun, Dec-17-06, 01:30

Plan: Stillman/Atkins
Stats: 251/251/175 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Here in Egypt, they tell u not to eat peanuts when pregnant. It's an old wives tale. I've never heard that before and was curious.

Awww, Amy...I'm sorry about the GD. But like u said...it's only 10 weeks. It's better that you know and take care of it, then be gloriously ignorant in this matter. Nothing worse than having a false sense of security. But every 2 hours? Awwwww.....that's a bummer.....
  #69   ^
Old Sun, Dec-17-06, 11:50

BF:

finding the supplies for my monitor has bee n the toughest thing so far ...hahaha. i used it when i had GD with my son 4 years ago....so everything must be out of date. i am not buying a new one though ... those things are too expensive for that. Wal_mart pharmacy is ordering the strips for me and i am going to Walgreens
Pharmacy in a bit to try and find the batteries.... wish me luck

i ate LC yesterday (had about 70 carbs) and i feel so much better today .... i must stay away from sugar ... it really is the devil !
  #70   ^
Old Wed, Dec-27-06, 12:34

Stats: 231/187/140 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 48%

Hi ladies!
So good to see everyone so excited!
I was reading how many of you have been doing your glucose tests and sorry to hear amy that you have GD - ugh that has to be such a pain! My mom had that with my sister - I seem to remember she had to do the insulin shots.
I just had my 1 hour GT last week and received a call today saying no good - go back for the 3 hour - oh joy! what fun!
The first test went so smooth (I actually liked the orange drink) and the phlebotomist was so gentle so hopefully this test will be more an excuse to sit and read that get upset LOL
I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Looks like I am getting back to healthier eating sooner than expected - I don't want to play games with this - sigh - no more chocolate. Well, the good thing is that what I really remember about starting low card was that after a few days - you lose your cravings and suddenly it's not so difficult. Best W.O.E. ever!
Everyone - hope whatever holiday you celebrated it was a wonderful happy time and have a wonderful healthy new year!
see ya soon!
  #71   ^
Old Wed, Dec-27-06, 13:05

BF:

hope your three hour test goes good! i'm so glad that i didn't have to do that. i am deathly afraid of needles and hyperventilate whenever they draw blood or give me shots...i know i'm a wuss. funny thing is that i have a huge tattoo down my torso (when i got it at 18 having a baby stretch my skin to unknown proportions was not even a thought - ahhh the blissful ignorance of youth!) and i loved the tattoo gun!! anyway...i digress...good luck with the 3h gtt!!
  #72   ^
Old Thu, Dec-28-06, 08:35

BF:

hope all of you ladies had a great Christmas!

i spent Dec. 20th in the hospital due to hypertension .... although once i got to the hospital it was fine. i honestly think my doc overreacted a bit ... oh well. got out within 24 hours and was on our way south for the holidays.... we are back now and everything is fine. went to the doc yesterday and she said my bp was normal .... maybe it was a fluke.....

ttyl. and yes, good luck on the 3h test.
  #73   ^
Old Fri, Dec-29-06, 09:56
This is the year

BF:

Hi everyone. Happy New Year if I don't visit before then.
Amy, goodness! GD and hypertension - take extra good care of yourself.
We are having our u/s on Jan 15th so I am looking forward to finding out the gender. Also, does anyone know how late in pregnancy you can fly? I have a seminar in AZ in February - I think it's at 24 weeks. I guess I should look at the different airlines policies'.
  #74   ^
Old Sun, Dec-31-06, 11:30

BF:

BS reading have been a lil high ... and i am eating correctly. may cut back on a few carbs though ... other than that all is good. still need to find a crib though ...

hope you ladies have a fun and safe New Year !!
  #75   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-07, 08:23
This is the year

BF:

Hi everyone. I am seriously nesting and it's not even close to time. The thing is we are having the nursery built so maybe that's where my urgency comes in - I want to have time to decorate etc. The contractor is awol though. Why do some of them do that?
OK, off to take deep breaths and get my self to work.
Have a good day!