Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Tue, Jul-25-06, 19:49
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach / CALP
Stats: 125/134.5/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: -87%

Well.. I'm sure everyone is doing wonderfully so far. I've never been so pumped to do the first phase of SB. I just can't wait for it to fly by and soon, i will be able to fit back into my pretty jeans and skirts

So...tomorrow is Day 4 for me, and as i mentioned a bit earlier it is usually around day 4-5 when my messups occur . I am sort of anticipating the following days and i just really hope that i won't be tempted to cheat.

Today i was watching a soap opera and they were drinking coffee. I know it sounds very typical and dumb, but i wanted a coffee too. Actually, i wanted more of a starbucks mocha or something. I do have some decaf coffee and i figured i could mix in a little cocoa powder and splenda...but i decided not to have anything sweet yet. Even if it is splenda or other sugar substitutes, sometimes they still make me crave more carbs or sweets... so for now, i am going to try to stay away from them. Once i get my cravings a bit more under control, then i might start having some sf jello or fudsicles, etc...

I just wish that one day... i can actually look at a doughnut or fresh roll of bread and not even be tempted...or turn it away....if only...
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Tue, Jul-25-06, 21:06

Plan: general leaning toward Sb
Stats: 336/196/150 Female 5'4"
BF:gettin/down/there
Progress: 75%

okay, just for my edification what does everyone wish to be called. Joesfolks is fine for me.
  #63   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-06, 05:37

Plan: Atkins/Oprah/Phil
Stats: 228.4/187.6/175 Female 71 nches
BF:32%//26.4 BMI
Progress: 76%

Anne and Judy,Thanks for the info on the grills...I'm going to look at them this weekend....I think I've seen them at Walmart but never investigated. WE did recently get our big grill going, but I don't use it...would be nice to hvae one inside and smaller....I need all the help I can get with varying up my food!

PINK, you know what I always think of is when I see people on tv at a restaurant eating the bread....that's what I miss the most. I'm not a real big sweet eater except maybe one day during tom, but I sure miss my hot buttered bread. I have to admit I haven't given up my caffeine....either time I've dfone this...and to tell the truth, it would be a deal breaker for me...just have to have my diet coke...I do cut down and drink unsweetened tea (which is how I always drink it anyway) just to cut down on bloating. Anyway, long story short I think you are doing great to pass up your coffee... Keep up the great work!

Joesfolks, I like to go by Anita....but I'll answer to anything...

I hit 212.4 this morning....I am so happy....I am actually just revisiting that number, but it is where I got stuck a few months ago....I'm finally back and now I have just got to get past it! When I see 211 I will know that things are really working this time and the work is paying off.

Have a great day everybody!

Anita
  #64   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-06, 06:34
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%
Default Here is some TMI

Ok, all my underwear was falling apart, so I went out last night and bought some new underwear (hate to admit it but it was size 11). My other underwear had been size 9's and 10's and were too small--or at least the last time I tried them on they were too small. So I got up this morning and put on the size 11's and they were too big! I got on the scale and to my shock, I had lost 4 lbs. since beginning SB on Sunday morning!!!
  #65   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-06, 07:16

Plan: Atkins/Oprah/Phil
Stats: 228.4/187.6/175 Female 71 nches
BF:32%//26.4 BMI
Progress: 76%

FLUFFY BEAR.......WOOHOO!!!!! I know that felt great!!!

As far as sharing too much info....this may be going a little too far....but, guys, honestly....I'm starting to get a view of things I haven't seen in a while....
  #66   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-06, 08:10
Registered Member

Plan: south beach
Stats: 145/145/110 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi!

I started yesterday the SBD, again for the second time around. I need all the help I can get. LOL It is like right now I'm swimming in a pool of quick sand and I can't get up. Do any of you ever feel like that when you are dieting? I sure do.

Well, I need to lose about 20-25 pounds, enough to fit back into my old clothes, or maybe. I don't know if those old clothes are still in style anymore- Of course, if I do lose the weight, and wear them, and they are out of style, I could just make a new fashion statement!! It is the point of being able to wear the old sizes mostly, and I know how thin and petite I used to be. Someday- I will be there again!

Now, back to of the SBD/low carb so I can get on with this diet!!

I'm here for ya all gals!

Latte
  #67   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-06, 08:15
Registered Member

Plan: south beach
Stats: 145/145/110 Female 5'4
BF:

My journal is screwed up. Somehow it posts to another gal named Greta. I have e-mailed the Contact people and hopefully they will do something today about it. It is really a bummer not being able to post in the journal. Oh well....

Latte

I need to work on English with my boys. Sight word time. Then it is recess.
  #68   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-06, 08:29

Latte, your journal is fine. The posts from Greta are posts to you. If you scroll up to the top of the posts you will see(above the green bar) in bold print the section that you are currently in. When I go to your journal it says " journey to sweat-by latte" I hope I have explained this well enough. You can reply to greta by clicking on her post where it says Journal. Wishing you all the best.
  #69   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-06, 09:32

Plan: south beach diet
Stats: 128/128/110 Female 5ft 2in
BF:

Hi, guys! I can go by either annedifeb or just Anne

So right now I am having the worst time trying to find how to post of my journal - can anyone give me a quick bit of help!

As for the underwear post - GRIN! This is how I am with pajamas. I have a terrible pajama addiction and right now I can't fit into any of them. I'm waiting till induction is over to see if they'll fit (hope so!)
  #70   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-06, 09:51
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%

fluffy is fine for me.
  #71   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-06, 10:16
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginyer
Anne and Judy,Thanks for the info on the grills...I'm going to look at them this weekend....I think I've seen them at Walmart but never investigated. WE did recently get our big grill going, but I don't use it...would be nice to hvae one inside and smaller....I need all the help I can get with varying up my food!

PINK, you know what I always think of is when I see people on tv at a restaurant eating the bread....that's what I miss the most. I'm not a real big sweet eater except maybe one day during tom, but I sure miss my hot buttered bread. I have to admit I haven't given up my caffeine....either time I've dfone this...and to tell the truth, it would be a deal breaker for me...just have to have my diet coke...I do cut down and drink unsweetened tea (which is how I always drink it anyway) just to cut down on bloating. Anyway, long story short I think you are doing great to pass up your coffee... Keep up the great work!

Joesfolks, I like to go by Anita....but I'll answer to anything...

I hit 212.4 this morning....I am so happy....I am actually just revisiting that number, but it is where I got stuck a few months ago....I'm finally back and now I have just got to get past it! When I see 211 I will know that things are really working this time and the work is paying off.

Have a great day everybody!

Anita

Yes! Congratulations to you on your success already! I actually can't wait to get on the scale this weekend. As long as all goes well, i should be a few pounds lower
  #72   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-06, 10:18
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte
Hi!

I started yesterday the SBD, again for the second time around. I need all the help I can get. LOL It is like right now I'm swimming in a pool of quick sand and I can't get up. Do any of you ever feel like that when you are dieting? I sure do.

Well, I need to lose about 20-25 pounds, enough to fit back into my old clothes, or maybe. I don't know if those old clothes are still in style anymore- Of course, if I do lose the weight, and wear them, and they are out of style, I could just make a new fashion statement!! It is the point of being able to wear the old sizes mostly, and I know how thin and petite I used to be. Someday- I will be there again!

Now, back to of the SBD/low carb so I can get on with this diet!!

I'm here for ya all gals!

Latte

Hi Latte! And welcome to the Beach! Don't worry, i don't think you will be in that quick sand any longer since you found it to these message boards. You are going to love the support and we're all here for you whenever you need it!
  #73   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-06, 10:31
Registered Member

BF:
Default Day 4

For those who began on Sunday, it is Day 4 for us today! Woohoo! Congratulations for making it this far.

This morning was kind of bad for me... But i think i'm pulling through. I woke up feeling very light headed. . And usually, the first thing i do in the morning is put in a workout dvd and do some cardio/aerobics for 20-30 minutes. But this morning when i turned it on, I felt too weak to do it. I saw some cookies on the table...and i was soo tempted. I was just looking at them, and thinking about how the sugar would give me a boost. I even told myself that i would have just 1 cookie and get right to my workout and stop thinking about it.
But fortunately, , I thought about you guys here and how bad it would look if i posted on my daily menu: B- Cookie.... .
Also, from past experience, i know that i can never EVER stop at one cookie, and i would probably end up abandonning my workout.
So i pulled myself away from those evil almond cookies and looked in the fridge to find some chicken from last night. I ate that and had a few cashews and pistachios to satisfy the crunch i was looking for.
Not long after, i felt sooooo much better and went back to doing my workout!

So here is my menu for today:

Before workout S- A little bit of chicken and about 5 pistachios and 6 cashews.
L- Broiled chicken and some leftover fish and vegetables from yesterday
S- Chicken breast roll-ups
S- Cheestring with cucumber slices and hummus
D- Fish and vegetables and i'm not sure what else...

I think i'm going to need some new snack ideas, because i don't want to be eating the same things everyday and then getting bored. That would not be good. What do you guys usually eat for snacks?

Anyway, hope everyone is doing lovely. And i will be back tonight

BTW- You guys can just call me pink.=) I like that.
  #74   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-06, 10:45

Well, I finally got around to having breakfast this morning but I am really struggling to make myself eat. I know a lot of you would love to have this problem. But I am really disturbed by it. I know that if I don't eat I will be too hungry to eat the right things and will just dive in for the carby stuff.

For breakfast I had egg and cream cheese "fakecakes". They are pretty good but I had to force them down for my own good. I also had coffee with the fixings. Tomorrow I am going to make myself eat breakfast as soon as I get up. Then I should be able to eat lunch too.

Man, after hearing about everyones successes I am just dying to weigh myself...but noooooo. I'm just going to have to wait. I don't want to get into that weighing every day trap.

I have to run downtown now but will be back later to offer up a bunch of support.
  #75   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-06, 11:20

Plan: south beach diet
Stats: 128/128/110 Female 5ft 2in
BF:

I, too had a problem eating breakfast this morning. I had an omlette the past two days and loved it - today - NOT SO MUCH. I wanted something sweet in the worst way. I wanted cereal and a big bowl of it! I was good, though and had some sugar/fat free yogurt and a glass of tomatoe juice. I had a small salad for lunch and I am going to slice up some grilled chicken for my early dinner salad. Also, I'm going to make some Miso soup. I'm having the most trouble with snacks - anyone else have this problem? What kind of things do you snack on, especially something in the sweet category?