Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Jul-25-06, 14:02

Plan: general leaning toward Sb
Stats: 336/196/150 Female 5'4"
BF:gettin/down/there
Progress: 75%

By the way folks, All of the people over at the South Beach Babes thread would love it if we came by to join them for a visit. They are a very supportive group too, so if you get a chance, stop on by.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Jul-25-06, 14:06
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

Thanks for our plug too

If anyone wants to come on over to the beach babes thread, you're all welcome, like I said to joe - it's like a big family on here, and that's just the way we like it!

GO US!!!!
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Jul-25-06, 14:20

Plan: south beach diet
Stats: 128/128/110 Female 5ft 2in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Awww thanks, Joesfolks! I do ok cooking wise, but my husband is the real cooking genius in this family. In fact, after we got married he's the one who taught me to cook - he can sort of throw anything together and it tastes amazing.
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Jul-25-06, 14:25

Annedifebb: I see you are from Penn. Do you have to contend with all of that delicious but very carby Pennsylvania Dutch cooking every time you go to someone else's house? Boy that would be a real challenge for me! Have a great day.
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Jul-25-06, 15:15

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Hi everyone

joesfolks, thanks for inviting me over

First day on SB for me today - I was previously on Atkins, but it hasn't really worked for me for a while. So, when I decided to start over again, I thought that I'd switch to SB (if you're interested, I posted a fuller explanation in my journal yesterday, as well as a separate thread in the SB forum 'Taking a Walk on the Beach').

Today has gone well foodwise - I posted my menus in today's SB menu thread. I also did an upper body workout at lunchtime and have just come back from a 45 minute swimming session - full details in my gym log.

Hope everyone has had/is having a great day today
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Jul-25-06, 15:33

BF:

Demi:

WOW - two workouts? I'm impressed! I actually had enough energy today to take the dog for a pretty long walk, so that about did me in!
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Jul-25-06, 16:28

Plan: Atkins/Oprah/Phil
Stats: 228.4/187.6/175 Female 71 nches
BF:32%//26.4 BMI
Progress: 76%

Anne, how much space does the foreman grill take up....I have never really looked closely at it....I'm kind of limited on room, but would love to know more about it.

Demi, sounds like you did great on your exercise...best of luck on the South Beach...I may be one of the few Atkins people over here so I'm not much help on that, but even though I call it Atkins, I think it is a little modifed...I just have to watch my carbs or I get shakey and hungry, but I also have to watch my calories (some) also.

Joes, yep, I'm back again and it's great to see you! I am on Day 19 of Atkins Induction...and so far doing great weight wise...down 15, but we all know that's a lot of fluid, etc. My big goal is to break 212....last time I stopped in May, it was after not being able to break that 212 for some time...jumped all the way to 228 on an Olympic sized binge.... I was at an even 213 this morning....so I'm getting there....after that, I will be aiming to break 210 and then Onederland....I can't wear any of the work clothes I bought last summer and I really, really need them. My really big goal is to break the 200 before the holidays....and more if possible!

Better run,
Hope everybody is having a great day!

Anita
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Jul-25-06, 17:35

Welcome Demi, glad to have you here. Hope you find great success on the Beach. Remember that phase one is only two weeks long. We can do anything for just two weeks. Then the plan gets much more lenient food wise.

My meals for today:
b: scrambled eggs with chives and thyme, tomato juice, turkey slice, coffee and fixings.

S: turkey wrap w/cream cheese, lettuce and pickle

L: I have been wracking my head but can't really remember. I know I had another turkey wrap around that time.

D: meat balls, brocolli, cucumber slices. Well, really I could only eat one meatball, guess I will have the rest for lunch tomorrow.
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Jul-25-06, 18:18

BF:

I opted to get a little fancier for my dinner tonight. Cooked a whole roast chicken stuffed with fresh lemon and garnished with celery stalks and cracked pepper. To go along with it I made roasted summer squash and zucchini with sea salt, pepper and fresh parmesan. Yum! I only ate about 1/3 of the chicken, I plan to use the rest of it tomorrow to make fresh chicken soup with summer veggies (squash, zucchini, pepper, mushrooms)

As for the Foreman Grille : we have small counter space as well. The one we got is the medium size but I know you can get a really small one. We got ours at Target and they had about 15 different models. In fact, I don't think ours is even a Foreman - just try to get the kind that has removeable grilling plates so you can pop them out and put them in the dishwasher. Ours cost somewhere around $30
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Jul-25-06, 18:38

Plan: SugerBusters
Stats: 275/205/145 Female 5'4"
BF:http://tickers.Tic
Progress: 54%

Thanks for the warm welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Y'all sound so motivated it just makes me more motivated!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See all of you soon!!!!!!!!
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Jul-25-06, 19:32
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach / CALP
Stats: 125/134.5/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: -87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginyer
Hi Guys,

Would love to join y'all on your "starting over" journey! I was here a couple of years ago and lost over 40 pounds on Atkins...then just jumped ship completely...kind of tried to start again in May...didn't make it, but have been going steady since July 5th and I am completely determined to do it....even incorporated a little walking so for me that means complete dedication.. The first time I lost I really attribute it so much to supportive people here on this board...just makes you feel like you are not doing it alone and gives you someone to talk about it all with -- not to mention the great recipes and information...anyway, I am a rambler...hope you don't mind and would love to jump in here with y'all!

Anita

Yay Anita! You are always welcome here. We're going to do this together and we will all work to become in the best shape of our lives. Hope to see you around soon!=]
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Jul-25-06, 19:38
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi
Hi everyone

joesfolks, thanks for inviting me over

First day on SB for me today - I was previously on Atkins, but it hasn't really worked for me for a while. So, when I decided to start over again, I thought that I'd switch to SB (if you're interested, I posted a fuller explanation in my journal yesterday, as well as a separate thread in the SB forum 'Taking a Walk on the Beach').

Today has gone well foodwise - I posted my menus in today's SB menu thread. I also did an upper body workout at lunchtime and have just come back from a 45 minute swimming session - full details in my gym log.

Hope everyone has had/is having a great day today

Hey Demi! Welcome to the beach. I am sure you will love it, especially with all the support in these message boards! We're happy you decided to join, so feel free to pop in whenever you can just to let us know how you are doing. Remember we are all here for you!
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Jul-25-06, 19:41

Plan: Atkins/Oprah/Phil
Stats: 228.4/187.6/175 Female 71 nches
BF:32%//26.4 BMI
Progress: 76%

P.I.N.K, thanks so much for your warm welcome....can't believe how much incentive all the support gives me...can't wait to get to know you all better.

Have a great night,
Anita
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Jul-25-06, 19:42
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by annedifebb
I opted to get a little fancier for my dinner tonight. Cooked a whole roast chicken stuffed with fresh lemon and garnished with celery stalks and cracked pepper. To go along with it I made roasted summer squash and zucchini with sea salt, pepper and fresh parmesan. Yum! I only ate about 1/3 of the chicken, I plan to use the rest of it tomorrow to make fresh chicken soup with summer veggies (squash, zucchini, pepper, mushrooms)

As for the Foreman Grille : we have small counter space as well. The one we got is the medium size but I know you can get a really small one. We got ours at Target and they had about 15 different models. In fact, I don't think ours is even a Foreman - just try to get the kind that has removeable grilling plates so you can pop them out and put them in the dishwasher. Ours cost somewhere around $30

Yumm..Anne, your meals always sound delicious I guess it probably does help that you get a little creative with your meals. That way, you won't get bored so easily and actually look forward to the good foods you should be eating
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Jul-25-06, 19:49
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annedifebb

Hi Everybody!!

Just want you to know that I have and use constantly, my Hamilton Beach grill...with the removable plates for easy cleaning . Its really the only way to get one of these indoor grills. I'm on my 2nd one and I am going to get the larger size next time. I got mine from Amazon for 50-.

I grill everything!! I love it!!