Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 18:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 145/145/110
BF:
Progress: 0%

thanks Victoria...

i am gonna check for this book...you are all great!!...

but..the problem is that i am losing very slowely..i wanna lose ONLY 20-25 ib......tell me..how long does it take to be in Better shape

Nada
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 04:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/147/130
BF:
Progress: 74%

I'm sorry to point out but nuts are not allowed in the Induction phase of Atkins.

I think you'll find if you cut them out and remain under 20 carbs per day for the first 4 or 5 days the cravings will go away. Although, I have noticed around ovulation I do still experience cravings. I just try to minimize the effect by reaching for a "safer" sweet snack like a Carbolite Chocolate bar (made with Splenda) or a protein bar but still portions MUST be kept in control.

I know how tempting nuts can be. I believe they could be a trigger food for me as they may be for you too. I've noticed after eating nuts my ketone sticks definately quit turning pink.

This experience comes from 7 months on the Atkins "way of life". Currently, I have lost 49 lbs. So, it does truly work! You REALLY need to get the book so you'll have the complete information on your new lifestyle change and all of your options.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 09:40

Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%

hey blakleys U are the 1st person I have heard that mentions a change during ovulation. I can always tell when I am ovulating or when it is just a few days before my period because I do get moodier and hungrier. I see U must be new so welcome here! U are obviously doing well low-carbing. And Naddaw as for getting into shape.....start out slow with exercise. Even if its just 15 min of brisk walking 3 times a week then work up from there. I noticed a huge difference in my physical ability within a month.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 12:54

BF:

noooooooooo guys!!!

i eat nuts while i am in iduction diet..i just calculate the grams..ok tell me guys...what if i exclude them starting fromt he next week...in fact our house if full of different kind of nuts..and cannot resist them at all..

help me guys..i am furstrated now..

hey what do you mean by ovulating ? my english is BAD

waiting!!
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 13:50

Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default hey naddaw

To real hard to cut out the nuts for awhile. I have been able to eat lots of them since induction but give your body a chance to adjust to low-carbing 1st. Ovulating is the time of the month when a womans body releases the egg so that she can become pregnant if she so wishes. LOL ok so Im no medical wizard.
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 17:09

Plan: Keto
Stats: 410/319/260 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 61%
Talking Worked for me.

Naddaw,
When I was on this diet previously I lost 76 lbs. in 9 months. I'm back after having a baby, because it works!!!!! The cravings for carbs will subside and you won't even be interested in them. At least for me: if I over-indulged in carbs, I would feel physically awful. I also had candida at one point and getting rid of all the sugar was the best thing for me. Just remember at the point you're ready to start increasing your carbs, go for healthly, whole foods.
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 17:22

BF:

HI..thanks guys!!
wow..today I tried my jeans ..it is much better then the last week...ahh..thank u all..thank you stardust...ummI really wanna lose 30 ib only....how long does it take..???? do you have an idea...i will start my STRICT iduction diet tomorrow..no nuts at all

thanks again
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-02, 19:33

Plan: Keto
Stats: 410/319/260 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 61%
Smile Wonderful

First of all, congrats on the better fitting jeans. I'm so happy for you.

You're right to just say no to nuts ... for now. You can work them in later. I have no idea how long it will take for you to reach your goal, but the sooner you start your new lifestyle the closer you are to being healthy and happy. Hang in there .....
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-02, 05:18

BF:

thanks...this is my first day of my REAL STRICT INDUCTION DIET..

pray for me..thank you Gwillson..and stardust. and all of ya

Nada
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-02, 08:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/147/130
BF:
Progress: 74%

BRAVO for your jeans fitting better! Have you stepped on a scale? The reason why I ask is sometimes your body will go through changes and clothes will fit better (lost inches) but the scale won't budge (no pounds). If you are losing weight or inches, you're doing great and on the right track!

I have been doing a personal reward system for myself. I set "mini" goal weight and when I meet it I get a treat (non-food).

Examples:
10 lbs = manicure and pedicure
33 lbs (half-way) = rent jet ski (It was soo much fun but very painful the next few days.)
43 lbs = massage

I started planning on the grand finale... (66 lbs, I'm at 49 lbs right now) I'm think renting a house boat and having a party with all my friends might be the best way to celebrate my success.
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-02, 09:05

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Blakleys,
You sound like alot of fun! A house boat? What a great way to celebrate.

Nada,
No one knows exactly how your body will lose. But if you start now, you'll be that much closer to your goal in a few months. Don't be impatient with yourself. It's really about changing your way of eating and becoming healthier. As you do that, the weight will slip off and you'll feel so much better energy wise. At least that has been my experience. Victoria
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-02, 04:21

BF:
Lightbulb What a personal reward system!!

thank you all..

thank you victoria
thank you blackeys

you know guys..i am thinking to reward my slef but when i really hit my last goal..i will be cutting my hair..and highlite it!!

umm..i lost my scale now...and will buy one these days..i tried all my body fit shirts and jeans trousers..they look much better....tell me..any one tries!!
thank you all