Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 06:52

Plan: atkins
Stats: 145/145/110
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy new in atkins

Hey guys..i am new here..and this is my forth day in atkinds deit..i discovered that i am so addicted to sugar..ahh...i really eat..but still miss carbs and sugar...any one can help..and if anyone did try this diet..should tell me if it affictive or not!!!
waiting...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 10:04

Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%

welcome here naddaw! As U can see by my stats this "diet" works extremely well. The trick is to realize this cant be thought of as just a quick fix weight loss program. U need to make a committment to change your eating habits. The longer U low-carb the easier it gets and the better U feel.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 16:06

BF:
Wink thanks

thanks..umm..i can see.. last three days..i was trembling..needing sugar..i rushed to the kitchen just to through a peice of date in my mouth..then i said..noooooo Nada...do not ruin your diet as usual...but...what i really need ..is to get all my jeans trousers fit again~!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 17:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/146/120
BF:
Progress: 35%
Cool

Naddaw...congrat's on getting started and resisting the urge to eat that date!
Once you get over the hump, which should be very soon..those carb cravings with begin to disappear.
I used to do atkins and stopped. Unfortunately I realize that I must do it again for good. I will be starting this woe on Saturday and can't wait to get that enery back again.
You can do this..just give yourself a little time, you deserve that much then you will see progress.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 17:22

Plan: Atkins/BFL exercise plan
Stats: 218/185.6/150
BF:
Progress: 48%
Smile reply to new in atkins

Hi! I've only been on for almost 2 weeks but I have lost 6 lbs. I was a carb freak! It has really helped me. You can do it!!! I am not that experienced at it yet, but I like what I see.
Natalie
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 18:44

BF:

Thank you!!
umm..

i tried neutri system before ..i lost about 17 kg...but i guess calories system hasn't had its old great effect upon me anymore!!!

umm..so has any of you lost more than 30 ib in this diet???

LIFE IS HARD>>>>WIth out CRAVINGS>..
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 18:52
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Yep!

If you look to the left of everyone's post, you'll see their stats.

People who are successful look at low-carbing as a complete life change. You'll see the term 'way-of-life' used frequently by those who have changed the way they eat completely and do not intend to return to their former way of eating.

Karen
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 19:06

BF:

thank you so much..

umm I really liked this forum too much...it is the activest forum that I have ever been to..thanks again..

you know guys..I am afraid of having candida.....because my previous diet was horrible..it was high carbs diet...

umm..atkins diet defiantly will be my way of life
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 19:42
Forum Founder

BF:

Quote:
atkins diet defiantly will be my way of life

And, 'defiance' is a good quality to have when you're first starting out! Fly in the face of conventional wisdom!

Karen
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 19:59

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Wink Hi Naddaw!

I have been doing this since July of 2001. It is the only time I have had hope of really changing my upward spiral. It really is about turning your eating habits totally around. Read low carb books. Research, there are plenty of articles offered here on the forum. Check out the recipes. Drink plenty of water and then more. You can do it, but it takes time. It's one day at a time and sometimes one meal at a time. The more you feed your body the right foods the quicker the cravings subside. Maybe not completely, but it's manageable. I have lost almost 70 pounds in a little over 6 months. It works! Go for it! Victoria
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 06:12

BF:

thank you guys!!

ahh..sorry to say that.. i ate more than 40 g carbs yesterday!!!
i eat about 20 gram of carbs everyday ..will try to lessen them ..I do not wanna eat carbs at all..but do not how..and as long as i eat nuts it is hard to get rid of carbs totally from my diet!!! tell me guys...in you induction phase who many gram of carbs do you take?

thanks....

pray for me guys!
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 09:23

Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%

Dr. Atkins says to keep yor carbs under 20 a day for induction which should last at least 2 weeks and depending how much U have to lose may last longer.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 10:26
Forum Founder

BF:

Quote:
i eat about 20 gram of carbs everyday ..will try to lessen them ..I do not wanna eat carbs at all..

It sounds like you need a refresher Naddaw.

Dr. Atkins has a new edition of Diet Revolution out that has more information in it than the previous edition. I strongly suggest that you read it to understand how to low-carb properly. To follow your chosen plan, you do need a certain amount of low-carb carbs, and need to know what they are.

Karen
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 13:33

BF:

thanks!!

umm..you mean that i need to eat certain amount of carb everyday....i looked in our nearby libarary,.,.but i did not find the latest eddtion of Dr Atkins Diet..will have soon...

you know..i measure my waist everyday..i can see a very tiny difference that my waist becomes smaller...god is with all of us! thanks again..
on more Q...does Atkins diet help to get rid of the upper body obesety..i heard that..

nada
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jan-17-02, 13:46

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Dear Naddaw,
Yes, you do need to eat some carbs...not NO carbs. Some eat 30 to 50 carbs a day and still lose. I'm one of them. So 40 carbs isn't going to kill you. If the Atkins books aren't at the library, there are plenty more books out there that are low carb. I read "How I gave up my low fat diet and lost 40 pounds!" by Dana Carpender, and found it very helpful. So check out what you can find...or even look at used book stores.

You need to do this as fully informed as you can. And don't feel guilty...just do the best you can. Victoria